Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    [EXCLUSIVE] Emilia Clarke Being Eyed for Zatanna Role on HBO Max
    https://theculturednerd.org/2020/07/...le-on-hbo-max/
    She is in the WB/HBO family and I think she'd do a great job .

Boisterously Confused

Might not have been my first pick, but I could see that working.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

EVw5AH7XgAA7kwZ.jpg

I'm okay with this, I like Emilia. Good actress. Could easily fit the role.

It's so funny that TCN reported this, because We Got This Covered (who I tend to never trust) says that Emilia is being eyed for the role in her solo movie. So two different people are saying a source is telling them Clarke is playing Zatanna, but one for the series and one for the movie. Interesting.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...dceus-zatanna/
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 07-28-2020 at 04:23 PM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I'll be honest, I've never been sold on her acting chops and eight seasons of Game of Thrones or Solo didn't really convince me otherwise. Maybe she can pull it off, but the idea of her as Zatanna really does very little for me.

I'm curious - what's everyone's favorite era of Zatanna? Either your favorite characterization or the one you think had the best stories or whatever? I've admittedly mostly read her in the Satellite era JLA. I've hard good things about JL Dark, but it doesn't sound like my flavor of comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'm curious - what's everyone's favorite era of Zatanna? Either your favorite characterization or the one you think had the best stories or whatever? I've admittedly mostly read her in the Satellite era JLA. I've hard good things about JL Dark, but it doesn't sound like my flavor of comic.
    I guess how Dini writes her, mainly from his series with her prior the New 52.

JLD is fairly good but she's fairly differently characterized from how I think fans usually think of her. Though I guess there it can tied to personal circumstances relating to her father and inability to properly use her magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'll be honest, I've never been sold on her acting chops and eight seasons of Game of Thrones or Solo didn't really convince me otherwise. Maybe she can pull it off, but the idea of her as Zatanna really does very little for me.
    I never saw GoTs but I have seen her in other movies, I think she could do it, depending on how Zee is written.

I loved her 2010 Dini run, that was a great series. And I do recomend the recent JLD run, it's been fun and full of action and really enjoyable moments. Zee is a bit different, but like Gaius said, she's dealing with a lot, so she's having to be a bit more serious. But it's had a lot of fantastic moments for Zee.
    Pulls:

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

She would have made a rad Mera, but she'll be great as Zee too.

Hopefully she signs on for a few, would like to see a SEVEN SOLDIERS flick someday.

She's great in Grant Morrison's 7 Soldiers. I'm a big fan of satellite era Zee though, and her wonderfully aesthetic purple/white outfit. The fishnets are not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    She's great in Grant Morrison's 7 Soldiers. I'm a big fan of satellite era Zee though, and her wonderfully aesthetic purple/white outfit. The fishnets are not for me.
    I liked the Ivan Reis costume that kind of blended the two together, although I'd still for the classic look 9 times out of 10 .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I liked the Ivan Reis costume that kind of blended the two together, although I'd still for the classic look 9 times out of 10 .
    I love pretty much anything Ivan Reis does, just needed more colour. The satellite era Zee is so perfectly aesthetic.

Boisterously Confused

I'm not so much a fan of any specific run/era of Zatanna as I am a fan of the concept of Zatanna. A mystic adventuress who casts spells in backwards English, whilst dressed in a ridiculously over-sexed version of her father's costume, making a living on the stage in front of an audience that has no idea she's protecting them from both robbers and demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was that the 2nd costume she had in JLD Vol. 1? If so I do love that costume, 3rd favorite. Right after classic and JLD vol. 2.
    Pulls:

RCO038_1468918284.jpg
    I'm a fan of her early days when she used to be naive and cute. I liked her interactions with Jeff Sloane.

I don't like Paul Dini's run because I think he over sexualized her too much and made her cocky and easily irritable. I wanted her to be more grounded.

I really like her in JLD Rebirth. I think she's a badass in it but the costume is forgettable and the braid with bangs hairstyle is just aweful.

My favourite story is a short in New Talent Showcase 2018.
    I suggest everyone to check it out.
    Zatanna New Talent Showcase 2018 Collage .jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    RCO038_1468918284.jpg
    I'm a fan of her early days when she used to be naive and cute. I liked her interactions with Jeff Sloane.

I don't like Paul Dini's run because I think he over sexualized her too much and made her cocky and easily irritable. I wanted her to be more grounded.

I really like her in JLD Rebirth. I think she's a badass in it but the costume is forgettable and the braid with bangs hairstyle is just aweful.

My favourite story is a short in New Talent Showcase 2018.
    I suggest everyone to check it out.
    Zatanna New Talent Showcase 2018 Collage .jpg
    I really do love her in the New Talent Showcase 2018! Such a fun little story. Writer got her right and the art was amazing.
    Pulls: