Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gary Frank drawing Zatanna in DARK NIGHTS: DEATH METAL: THE LAST STORIES OF THE DC UNIVERSE #1:

O.M.G.

That IS the most amazingly 1980ish DC thing I have EVER seen.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

That's a gorgeous cover. Say hello to my longbox come December.

If I had a penny for every colon on that title, I would have.....two pennies which is not a lot but it's weird that there is two.

Is Gary doing the interiors as well? Who's writing it? Depending on that I just might have to pick this up considering how I normally avoid DC events.

I wish Zee gets a solo comic soon. I miss the top hat, bow tie and tails look. There are so many stories you can write with her. IMO they should bring back the classic look but add a skirt to it just like they did with wonder woman.

Zatanna by Lynne Yoshii.jpg
    Zatanna by Lynne Yoshii

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    I wish Zee gets a solo comic soon. I miss the top hat, bow tie and tails look. There are so many stories you can write with her. IMO they should bring back the classic look but add a skirt to it just like they did with wonder woman.

Zatanna by Lynne Yoshii
    I agree, like for her to return to the classic look, but I don't think there's any need to add a skirt. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed, but even DC Superhero Girls has her classic stage magician costume and her new 52 superheroine costume, with out any such change for modesty or whatever. And you get her in her classic look in places like Doomsday Clock and the cover above. Kind of bothered me in the recent DCeased appearance where they put long pants on her classic look. It just doesn't feel right. The fishnets/nylon tights are an iconic element of her stage magician costume to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post

Zatanna by Lynne Yoshii
    A skirt feels unnecessary to me, but I'm ready for them to bring back the classic look.

Classic when she's performing.
    New 52 when she's superheroing.
    Current when she's just chilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    ^ This.

10char

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Agreed.

Also I have a crazy theory that Ram V will be writing a Zee series. Just the way he talks about the future of JLD on Twitter make me think that something like that is happening. Maybe wishful thinking, but still.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Agreed.

Also I have a crazy theory that Ram V will be writing a Zee series. Just the way he talks about the future of JLD on Twitter make me think that something like that is happening. Maybe wishful thinking, but still.
    Remember the time when Gail Simone hinted that she was gonna write a Zatanna story and everyone got so hyped up about it and eventually nothing came out of it?

I went to her Twitter page and I found out she has pulled this joke 3 times before. 2-3 years apart.

I don't wanna get my hopes up before I get an official confirmation. There's a YA novel coming out in December but Im not too excited about it.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 09-12-2020 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Agreed.

I wish. I’ve loved how he’s written her in JLD, but after the Bloodbath I don’t think any character who doesn’t have a TV show, cartoon, or movie in the works is getting an ongoing. Zatanna deserves one though.

I don't think anyone other than the DCSHG cartoon remembers the New 52 Superhero costume.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I wish. I’ve loved how he’s written her in JLD, but after the Bloodbath I don’t think any character who doesn’t have a TV show, cartoon, or movie in the works is getting an ongoing. Zatanna deserves one though.
    There are those rumors of her getting a movie and JLD is something WB/AT&T has kept an eye on (even if they had to shoehorn Batman into it), so there's more hope for Zee than some other characters, albeit little. Maybe a mini? I'd be down for it.