Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I enjoyed the issue. The art was top notch and I like seeing her defeat the main villain.

However, I can't help but feel this is the nth story that had Zatanna dealing with her father's sacrifice and death.
    I'm starting to feel like Zee and Barry could bond over their respective dead parents...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    Zatanna from the free Future State preview:

Attachment 102574
    B is definitely interesting for a different kind of Zatanna look.

A is more classic minus the normal jacket and top hat. I wonder if C looking a little more ragged is intentional?

Between A and C I'm not sure what my preferred boot length is.

I like the look we saw on the poster the best - C with the thigh-high boots.

I can see being tired of the story with Zee and her dad. Didn't bother me as much since we all knew it was coming. And they (kind of) wrapped it up (maybe?). I was just glad to see Zee be the one to take down the villain. I like WW, but I feel like too many times she's the one to save the day in this JLD run. I mean, I get it, she's WW. But Zee is no slouch either.

Incredible Member

Attachment 102574
    I'm really liking the more classic looking Zatanna designs we're getting in future state and hope it carries back over into the present day main books. As I've mentioned before I prefer the fishnets to the black leather pants. They're just an iconic design element for Zatanna I love and it doesn't quite feel right without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I'm really liking the more classic looking Zatanna designs we're getting in future state and hope it carries back over into the present day main books. As I've mentioned before I prefer the fishnets to the black leather pants. They're just an iconic design element for Zatanna I love and it doesn't quite feel right without them.
    Agreed .

Astonishing Member

I don't like the boots at all. Boots plus fishnets makes no sense - it's a visual oxymoron. If she's going to wear fishnets (and let's face it, that's her <i>thing</i> as a professional stage magician), then they should go all the way down to her high heels.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I don't like the boots at all. Boots plus fishnets makes no sense - it's a visual oxymoron. If she's going to wear fishnets (and let's face it, that's her <i>thing</i> as a professional stage magician), then they should go all the way down to her high heels.
    I remember how they did in her older design, but I guess artists like thigh-high black boots as much as they like fishnets .

If they gave C the hat from B it would be perfect, but I do dig the hood.
    Last edited by Vordan; 11-24-2020 at 08:18 PM.

I like the blue in A...

Attachment 102574
    A hybrid of B and C would be ideal in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    A hybrid of B and C would be ideal in my opinion.
    I'd prefer a hybrid of A and C, plus the top hat in B.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Give C B's tophat... Or just return to her classic look.

Boisterously Confused

Gotta say "None Of The Above." Vastly prefer her classic look.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Loved the ending to JLD. Zatanna beats the UDM with a simple magic trick from her youth, but forces him to pay the cost? That’s classic Zee inventiveness. Very excited for where Ram V takes the book after Future State now that he’s wrapped up the last of Tynion’s plot threads.

Hah and it’s yet another “magic is dying!” type story too. Hopefully the last one for a while, as much as I enjoyed it. Ram will get to chart a new course so I’m eager to see where he goes. The villain at the end, assuming he’s not related to Endless Winter, is cool looking and I’m eager to see what his deal is.
    I thought it was a good wrap up to Tynion's plots to. I like the whole "magic always has a cost" angle.

I'm looking forward to where the new writer will take the run...I'm probably in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind some minor changes to the team. I haven't really been feeling the Detective Chimp & Manbat duo.

I like Detective Chimp, but I miss Deadman.

Mighty Member

I miss Deadman to. I would kind of like to see the Shining Knight in there for comedic relief.

I could see his doo goodery and being consistently charming towards Zee, as a real annoyance for Constantine. Hmmm, who else?