Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I also loved that opening scene with Zatanna as a little girl and her father Zatarra.

Creepy and also endearing at the same time.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I also loved that opening scene with Zatanna as a little girl and her father Zatarra.

Creepy and also endearing at the same time.
    Agreed. Loved it! Ram V really does a great job writing Zatanna! I'm glad he is on this book.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Issue 25 of JLD was the best one yet. Fantastic writing and some of the best art and colors in DC today. Zee and Swampy kick some butt in this issue!

I love that in this panel Zatanna says "wep wep" to fire blasts, it's so fun and a very Zee thing to do!

Attachment 100108
    A little juvenile but I like it. I think its a very Ram V thing to do. Zee seems to be a lot cheerful under his writing.

RCO015_1585128975.jpg

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Yeah, his Zee definitely has more fun. I appreciate it even if that page didn't land for me as much as it did others. Like Spider-Man and his endless parade of dad jokes, if the character is having a good time, even weak zingers can still sell a fun page. I remember reading that page and thinking "you do you, Zee." It was nice. Reminds a bit of Zatanna under Dini's pen who is always a bit on the mischievous side.

I dig it. Zee is great when she is written as a lighter character. A little humor and mischief. Adds more weight to moments where she becomes serious.

At the end of the day she's a showwoman looking to entertain with magic .

Talks about a change in roster have been going around. Personally I feel that Zee and Swamp thing are irreplaceable. Add to that Constantine who shows up from time to time but is never really a part of the team. I like him like that for this book.

Zee doesn't have much history that gets referenced a lot except for the one that Alan Moore wrote.
    RCO024.jpg

Ever since then that incident has become a staple for any Zatanna related comic. It binds her to Constantine and Swamp thing. But I hope this time it gets resolved. We'll finally get to say goodbye to Zatara or we'll get him back. Every thing indicates that it would be the former but I'd like to see the latter. Zatanna may finally get to move on.

The other significant piece of her history is her relationship with Batman. I thank Paul Dini for that. I also thank James Tynion to just leave it at childhood crush turned to good friends this time.
    RCO007_1583400422.jpg

See this was much more respectable to both characters. I didn't like it when Paul Dini made her ask out Batman and then be rejected. It was selfish on her part. Also it was mean to Catwoman and Batman given what she had done to them.

The last are the events of pre Flashpoint which are quite infamous. I doubt any writer would pick them up. But truthfully speaking that ability could have been explored much better. I would welcome any writer who uses it given that he keeps the other established heroes as far away as possible.

In a few issues Zatanna might get replaced which would be a huge disservice to her fans. I'm not gonna blame Wonder woman but recently DC has been pushing her to lead the magical side which I always thought was Zatanna's job. Ww has brought in Detective chimp and Man bat. She has given JLD an official base of operations and a good reason to call themselves Justice league. She has been the front and center of most of the issues. But still I feel that JLD should be Zatanna's book or atleast she should be a permanent member because there isn't much of her outside JLD.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 09-01-2020 at 12:31 PM.

When not even being dead gets you out of the wedding invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Death in comics really did hit an all-time low, didn't it?

"Oh, you finally shook that decapitation thing? Dreadful business, that. Put me out for a couple weeks last Spring. Terrible. Dreadful."

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hoping Bruce is regretful? Oh Zee .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hoping Bruce is regretful? Oh Zee .
    I think Zee is well aware of how great a catch she is and that Bruce is probably missing out.

I'm not sure she realizes how much she's lucking out that he's not waiting at the alter.

Pretty sure that one is from a dream sequence. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think Zee is well aware of how great a catch she is and that Bruce is probably missing out.

I'm not sure she realizes how much she's lucking out that he's not waiting at the alter.
    'Probably'?

She ended up lucky for somebody who dated both Bruce Wayne and Constantine considering how their (especially Constantine's) relationships usually end up.

Zee's hot enough to make even Selina a little insecure around her man. Lois Lane too.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    'Probably'?

She ended up lucky for somebody who dated both Bruce Wayne and Constantine considering how their (especially Constantine's) relationships usually end up.

Zee's hot enough to make even Selina a little insecure around her man. Lois Lane too.
    I think it's practically canon at this point that "troubled bad boys" are Zee's type.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #29

JLDARK-29cvr-ver2-col.jpg

written by ANDY LANNING and RON MARZ
    art by AMANCAY NAHUELPAN
    backup story art by MARCO SANTUCCI
    cover by KYLE HOTZ
    variant cover by GLEB MELNIKOV
    ON SALE 12/22/20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    “Endless Winter” chapter seven! The past holds the key to surviving the Endless Winter, as the Justice League Dark seeks to resurrect both Swamp Thing and the spirit of Viking Prince. Queen Hippolyta reveals a shocking secret to Wonder Woman as the past and present collide. Buried secrets are unearthed as the Justice League and Justice League Dark must come together with the fate of the world hanging in the balance.

Looks like Zee is fine, it's Swampy that they're trying to bring back, at least in this Endless Winter event. I hope Ram V will be back.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 09-11-2020 at 09:57 AM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Gary Frank drawing Zatanna in DARK NIGHTS: DEATH METAL: THE LAST STORIES OF THE DC UNIVERSE #1: