Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Speculation now that JJ Abrams is working on spinoffs of the JLD show on HBO Max. One of the spinoffs is rumored to be a Zatanna solo show.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...max-bad-robot/

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    Speculation now that JJ Abrams is working on spinoffs of the JLD show on HBO Max. One of the spinoffs is rumored to be a Zatanna solo show.

Could be interesting, would have to wonder if it's multi-season what they'd pull from since there's not that much Zatanna solo stuff.

Just hope it wouldn't all center around Zatara being gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post

I'm totally down for Zee getting her own series. Hopefully they would do right by her .

I would be happy with a Zatanna show. I'm not happy with JJ Abrams being the creative lead. Hope somebody with actual creative acumen gets to be in charge. Hopefully a female show runner.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I would be happy with a Zatanna show. I'm not happy with JJ Abrams being the creative lead. Hope somebody with actual creative acumen gets to be in charge. Hopefully a female show runner.
    Guess it would depend on whether he's the actual show runner or just a producer.

Extraordinary Member

Why is her hair purple?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Why is her hair purple?
    I think they're taking a page from DC Super Hero Girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Why is her hair purple?
    She thinks it looks cool?

I mean, even if magic hasn't turned her hair purple, there is such a thing as hair dye. One of my friends loves to make her hair purple.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Between Raven, Circe, Lyta Milton, Siryn and now Zatanna it seems purple hair is a thing for female magic users in DC.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    This right here. Abrams kills whatever excitement I could muster.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Between Raven, Circe, Lyta Milton, Siryn and now Zatanna it seems purple hair is a thing for female magic users in DC.
    Indeed it does.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    She thinks it looks cool?

I mean, even if magic hasn't turned her hair purple, there is such a thing as hair dye. One of my friends loves to make her hair purple.
    I assume if it's going off of DCSHG, it's connected to her magic.

Guillermo del Toro said he had completed the script for JLD but WB didn't give him thumbs up to make it.

I heard that the script was leaked and Zatanna was going to be a Latina in it. I saw a couple of concept art of Zatanna from people who said they had read the script.

The first one was Natalie Dormer with raven hair and purple highlights. She was wearing a Guns and Roses shirt and a biker jacket.

The second was a scene of a corridor in a hospital. There was a man on a stretcher. On his right was Constantine and on his left was Zatanna wearing a surgeon's outfit. She had purple hair which was tied at the back.

The third one pissed me off. There was a blue naked corpse of a boy surrounded by flies sitting on window ledge looking inside at a naked Constantine doggy sytling a naked woman who resembled Zatanna. She was tall and had long black hair. The caption said -Klarion interrupts Constantine getting intimate with an old female friend. "Can i have my turn with the whore now?"

I don't wanna believe that that woman was supposed to be Zatanna but with Constantine you never know.

Im glad that Zatanna might get her own show separate from Constantine. I wish they don't use anything from the the comics that Jeff Lemire wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Guillermo del Toro said he had completed the script for JLD but WB didn't give him thumbs up to make it.

I heard that the script was leaked and Zatanna was going to be a Latina in it. I saw a couple of concept art of Zatanna from people who said they had read the script.

The first one was Natalie Dormer with raven hair and purple highlights. She was wearing a Guns and Roses shirt and a biker jacket.

The second was a scene of a corridor in a hospital. There was a man on a stretcher. On his right was Constantine and on his left was Zatanna wearing a surgeon's outfit. She had purple hair which was tied at the back.

The third one pissed me off. There was a blue naked corpse of a boy surrounded by flies sitting on window ledge looking inside at a naked Constantine doggy sytling a naked woman who resembled Zatanna. She was tall and had long black hair. The caption said -Klarion interrupts Constantine getting intimate with an old female friend. "Can i have my turn with the whore now?"

I don't wanna believe that that woman was supposed to be Zatanna but with Constantine you never know.

Im glad that Zatanna might get her own show separate from Constantine. I wish they don't use anything from the the comics that Jeff Lemire wrote.
    Think the concept art you’re talking about came from Doug Liman’s JLD film pitch, which yeah dodged bullet just based off the concept art.