Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

So far everything involving a JLD movie has been a bullet dodge.

For what it's worth, I don't like the Zatanna/Constantine ship. She holds him responsible for her dad getting immolated. I just don't see them together after that, and frankly she deserves better than John. I understand Zee has kind of bad taste in men, though (Bruce, John).

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Guillermo del Toro said he had completed the script for JLD but WB didn't give him thumbs up to make it.

I heard that the script was leaked and Zatanna was going to be a Latina in it. I saw a couple of concept art of Zatanna from people who said they had read the script.

The first one was Natalie Dormer with raven hair and purple highlights. She was wearing a Guns and Roses shirt and a biker jacket.

The second was a scene of a corridor in a hospital. There was a man on a stretcher. On his right was Constantine and on his left was Zatanna wearing a surgeon's outfit. She had purple hair which was tied at the back.

The third one pissed me off. There was a blue naked corpse of a boy surrounded by flies sitting on window ledge looking inside at a naked Constantine doggy sytling a naked woman who resembled Zatanna. She was tall and had long black hair. The caption said -Klarion interrupts Constantine getting intimate with an old female friend. "Can i have my turn with the whore now?"

I don't wanna believe that that woman was supposed to be Zatanna but with Constantine you never know.

Im glad that Zatanna might get her own show separate from Constantine. I wish they don't use anything from the the comics that Jeff Lemire wrote.
    I was also kind of irked at the thought that the woman in that concept art might've been Zatanna.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

For what it's worth, I don't like the Zatanna/Constantine ship. She holds him responsible for her dad getting immolated. I just don't see them together after that, and frankly she deserves better than John. I understand Zee has kind of bad taste in men, though (Bruce, John).
    Yeah, as much as I want to say Zee deserves better...she has a type.

Yeah, feels like the people involved in a JLD film just hear “dark” and start going into edgelord stuff that would make the guys behind Injustice blush.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was also kind of irked at the thought that the woman in that concept art might've been Zatanna.

Yeah, as much as I want to say Zee deserves better...she has a type.
    She really does, and as much as I love Zatara, his tendency to disappear and then die when she's young probably has something to do with it. I must be blanking, but did they ever conclusively mention what happened to her mother?

She really does, and as much as I love Zatara, his tendency to disappear and then die when she's young probably has something to do with it. I must be blanking, but did they ever conclusively mention what happened to her mother?
    To be honest the only times I can recall them addressing her mother is in that Bloodspell GN and in the House of Secrets book for kids (which is super adorable, be sure to check it out).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest the only times I can recall them addressing her mother is in that Bloodspell GN and in the House of Secrets book for kids (which is super adorable, be sure to check it out).
    Damn, I skipped that one to save some money but I should give it a look. I've enjoyed more of the younger books than I haven't of those I've picked up. I completely forgot about Bloodspell, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Think the concept art youÂ’re talking about came from Doug LimanÂ’s JLD film pitch, which yeah dodged bullet just based off the concept art.
    Oh yeah, Doug Liman. Sorry I got confused.
    Anyway Guillermo del Toro would have been perfect. He loves his monsters and fictional creatures. Pan's labyrinth and shape of water are my favourites. There are also films like hellboy and Pacific rim that people don't appreciate until someone else trys to make them. Look how Hellboy 2019 and Pacific Rim 2 turned out. If DC decides to give JLD another shot, I want Guillermo at the helm.

But maybe JLD not getting a film might be good news because the general audience doesn't know them yet. If JJ Abraham introduces them through TV spinoff for each character, it may be even better than getting a team up movie.

JJ Abraham's is known for running an existing franchise into the ground but the production on those films are spectacular. And its only the films that JJ handles. Tv series like Lost and Westworld have been fantastic. A show focussing on a single character might be even better.

Boisterously Confused

Neat image. It gets me wondering, are there any stories that feature Z using the kind of sleight of hand skills you'd expect of a professional stage magician?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Oh yeah, Doug Liman. Sorry I got confused.
    Anyway Guillermo del Toro would have been perfect. He loves his monsters and fictional creatures. Pan's labyrinth and shape of water are my favourites. There are also films like hellboy and Pacific rim that people don't appreciate until someone else trys to make them. Look how Hellboy 2019 and Pacific Rim 2 turned out. If DC decides to give JLD another shot, I want Guillermo at the helm.

But maybe JLD not getting a film might be good news because the general audience doesn't know them yet. If JJ Abraham introduces them through TV spinoff for each character, it may be even better than getting a team up movie.

JJ Abraham's is known for running an existing franchise into the ground but the production on those films are spectacular. And its only the films that JJ handles. Tv series like Lost and Westworld have been fantastic. A show focussing on a single character might be even better.
    I think it would depend on how much involvement he has in the shows, but yeah I think characters associated with the JLD would be better served in a show.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Neat image. It gets me wondering, are there any stories that feature Z using the kind of sleight of hand skills you'd expect of a professional stage magician?
    None that spring to mind immediately, though I’ve always liked to think that Zatanna, and Giovani, are actually skilled stage magicians and can do shows without actual magic.

She did some street magic in that Heart of Hush story and Batman: Damned.
    None that spring to mind immediately, though I’ve always liked to think that Zatanna, and Giovani, are actually skilled stage magicians and can do shows without actual magic.
    Yeah, I don't think writers go in-depth with it, but I've seen some takes where Zee mostly does the practical stage stuff for a show and saves the real magic for the very end.

"Sleight of Hand" in New Talent Showcase 2018 does exactly that.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

That’s a pretty nice Bolland piece. Dude should branch out more from Batman, his recent Batman/Joker stuff has been bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s a pretty nice Bolland piece. Dude should branch out more from Batman, his recent Batman/Joker stuff has been bad.
    He did a few of the covers for Dini’s Zatanna stories back in the 2000s and was the cover artist for Wonder Woman back in the 90s, which was probably the most consistent art on that book at the time.