Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    As far as the New 52 outfits went, I preferred the outfit she began using from Trinity War onwards:
    Same here.

Astonishing Member

In Grant Morrison's Seven Soldiers: Zatanna, it is suggested that Zee's wardrobe sense is not just an incidental detail but is in fact an integral part of who she is. Since who she is is magic, then her clothes are part of her magical world.

7SoldiersZatanna_04_p04bcd.jpg

Here is that particular outfit, from the front and back.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by seismic-2; 12-15-2020 at 08:21 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

As far as the New 52 outfits went, I preferred the outfit she began using from Trinity War onwards:
    This was the better of her New 52 looks and I don't hate it. If it had a bit more color I might prefer it to her Rebirth look (especially since it doesn't have the braid).

Still, classic can't be beat!

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    In Grant Morrison's Seven Soldiers: Zatanna, it is suggested that Zee's wardrobe sense is not just an incidental detail but is in fact an integral part of who she is. Since who she is is magic, then her clothes are part of her magical world.

7SoldiersZatanna_04_p04bcd.jpg

Here is that particular outfit, from the front and back.
    I think Paul Dini said in his script for Bloodspell that Zee's fashion sense is, like, goth bohemian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    This was the better of her New 52 looks and I don't hate it. If it had a bit more color I might prefer it to her Rebirth look (especially since it doesn't have the braid).

Still, classic can't be beat!
    If we're getting technical her "Rebirth" look was her classic costume when she came back in that 'Tec arc. Rebirth was pretty much over by the time the new JLD launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Paul Dini said in his script for Bloodspell that Zee's fashion sense is, like, goth bohemian.

If we're getting technical her "Rebirth" look was her classic costume when she came back in that 'Tec arc. Rebirth was pretty much over by the time the new JLD launched.
    Fair point. Nothing about the original New 52 look said "bohemian" to me, though.

I'll be honest, Rebirth kind of blends 2016 to about 2019 to me when, really, it was until the end of 2017 or so? This eras are getting shorter and shorter, man.

I like the concept but not feeling the execution. The darker saturated colours don't help either. The torso portion needs a redesign.

Here is the Perez design they are trying to update:

809d6969fac2b92da1f33697e572360e.jpg

Which was a huge improvement over this:

00000.jpg

Though I like this:

5628489-tumblr_oi6m11i3ja1r1j2boo1_1280.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I like the concept but not feeling the execution. The darker saturated colours don't help either. The torso portion needs a redesign.

Here is the Perez design they are trying to update:

809d6969fac2b92da1f33697e572360e.jpg

Which was a huge improvement over this:

00000.jpg

Though I like this:

5628489-tumblr_oi6m11i3ja1r1j2boo1_1280.jpg
    I never thought of Zee in red before, but it doesn't look half bad.

Zee should have different outfits for different purposes which she can change into at any time.
    DC should make "changing into different clothes" a part of her usual magic.- magic that she usually does.
    Also make her less reliant on magic and work on other areas such as physical combat.

ZomboDroid 14082020023304.jpg

To defend against enemies that are too close.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Zee should have different outfits for different purposes which she can change into at any time.
    DC should make "changing into different clothes" a part of her usual magic.- magic that she usually does.
    Also make her less reliant on magic and work on other areas such as physical combat..
    Zee has a mean right (and left) hook:

Zee has a mean right (and left) hook:

I meant more than just sucker punching people. She needs protection against throat jabs and liver punches.

I just realized both the top and bottom images are basically the same. Same writer - Geoff Johns. He used Zee to set up a lot of his awful stories.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 12-16-2020 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    I meant more than just sucker punching people. She needs protection against throat jabs and liver punches.

I just realized both the top and bottom images are basically the same. Same writer - Geoff Johns. He used Zee to set up a lot of his awful stories.
    Did he? Johns had nothing to do with Identity Crisis.

I never thought of Zee in red before, but it doesn't look half bad.
    Yeah, though that looks like a Christmas variant of her usual suit because of the fuzzy trim.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yeah, though that looks like a Christmas variant of her usual suit because of the fuzzy trim.
    In this instance I think it was intentional, because it was from a holiday special .

In this instance I think it was intentional, because it was from a holiday special .
    Hey, I'm more for alternate costumes as climate or occasion dictates! That's fun! I loved that Bruce put a big jacket in the frozen mountains in Sword of Azrael rather than just saying the costume is thermal or some ****. Felt more natural and less "THE COSTUME IS HIS BRAND," even though the jacket is action figure friendly.

Holiday books should be fun. I'm down for Ollie being Red&White Arrow one night a year where he volunteers at a soup kitchen. More of that, not less!

Astonishing Member

Does Zatanna observe Christmas? As a practitioner of magic, is she a pagan? Does she have a special holiday on the winter solstice (Dec 21)? There was an issue of Hellblazer in which Constantine celebrated Christmas / Yule with one of the old divinities from ancient England, The Lord of the Dance, and just like people always did in olden days on the longest night of the year they got crazy drunk.
    Last edited by seismic-2; 12-16-2020 at 09:16 PM.