Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    Looking at the March solicits, JLD is now just a backup title to the main JL title.
    Disappointing, this book was so much better than the main League one.
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-18-2020 at 11:06 AM.

I'm pretty bummed.

JLD is the only post-New 52 book I read - of course because of Zee. I was pretty excited about things post Future State, but 10 pages in the back of the main Justice League title is pretty disappointing. And I wonder how long that will last before JLD is phased out.

I already questioned how real the JLD live-action show/movie is and how real the live-action Zatanna movie is. This makes me question it even more.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I'm pretty bummed.

JLD is the only post-New 52 book I read - of course because of Zee. I was pretty excited about things post Future State, but 10 pages in the back of the main Justice League title is pretty disappointing. And I wonder how long that will last before JLD is phased out.

I already questioned how real the JLD live-action show/movie is and how real the live-action Zatanna movie is. This makes me question it even more.
    Considering the discussion was Emilia Clarke as Zee, and before that Natalie Dormer, I'd say we dodged a bullet. Dormer's the better actor but neither of them has yet to amaze me, with Clarke actually being on the poorer end of the acting on Game of Thrones.

Looking at the March solicits, JLD is now just a backup title to the main JL title.
    Sucks. JLD was one of the better titles, it deserved to be its own ongoing.

Ram V tweeted that JLD will continue as 10 page installments in the back of the main JL book.

JLD will still be putting out 20 pages a month because the main JL book comes out twice a month.

JLD probably won't be getting any covers though. Maybe variant covers will be separate for both books.

Maybe JLD will be read by more people now.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Ram V tweeted that JLD will continue as 10 page installments in the back of the main JL book.

JLD will still be putting out 20 pages a month because the main JL book comes out twice a month.

JLD probably won't be getting any covers though. Maybe variant covers will be separate for both books.

Maybe JLD will be read by more people now.
    Well it's the same amount of content, which is good, but I will miss those lovely covers and variants. Nevertheless, if the book went digital, this would essentially be the same thing. Still sucks, but a double shipping backup is pretty good compared to some favorites in the DCU.

Is JL still twice a month? I thought I saw somewhere that everything was once a month. I could easily be wrong though.

Zee all but disappeared when the N52 JLD was canceled. Seeing her on the Future State poster gave me hope they have plans for her; and to be fair they still could. But demoting JLD seems like a step in a bad direction, IMO. Although better than being outright canceled.

I guess I'll save some money, at least. I had been buying digital to read and print (standard/variant) for collection. I'll just go with the digital now.

Maybe the backups will go on long enough to lead into a new series. At least, that's me thinking optimistically about it.

Is JL still twice a month? I thought I saw somewhere that everything was once a month. I could easily be wrong though.

Zee all but disappeared when the N52 JLD was canceled. Seeing her on the Future State poster gave me hope they have plans for her; and to be fair they still could. But demoting JLD seems like a step in a bad direction, IMO. Although better than being outright canceled.

I guess I'll save some money, at least. I had been buying digital to read and print (standard/variant) for collection. I'll just go with the digital now.
    Fingers crossed for a solo series in April or May, even if digital?

A back up is better than nothing.

I wonder if she'll have a new costume...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if she'll have a new costume...
    They abandoned Dinah's excellent Rebirth costume so hopefully they improve Zee's. Not in love with how she looked in JLD. Nothing about it really said "Zatanna" to me.

Overall how was the most recent JLD series (wich reminds me i didn't finish the original), by Tynion/Ram V. And how was Zatanna used?.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    They abandoned Dinah's excellent Rebirth costume so hopefully they improve Zee's. Not in love with how she looked in JLD. Nothing about it really said "Zatanna" to me.
    If Dinah's still wearing fishnets, I can live with the new costume. I think it's time to go back to the classic look with Zee given Future State and we saw it for a bit during Ram V's last issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Overall how was the most recent JLD series (wich reminds me i didn't finish the original), by Tynion/Ram V. And how was Zatanna used?.
    Pretty good on both fronts I'd say .

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    It was fine. Definitely a step up from the early JLD stuff I read. There were some plots that felt like they were rethreads of previous stories but overall it was good. I just wish there were more fun stuff to balance out the bleak horror elements.