Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, her current design looks best to me when she has the top hat but hair unbraided.

Though I feel Zatanna, at least in her more traditional persona, is one of those characters who could regularly change her look since it'd fit in with her stage-show magician persona.
    The current look seems a little too "plain" for a Zatanna stage costume. That's why I had to side-eye her wearing it during the intro pages of Tynion's JLD instead of her classic look.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, her current design looks best to me when she has the top hat but hair unbraided.

Though I feel Zatanna, at least in her more traditional persona, is one of those characters who could regularly change her look since it'd fit in with her stage-show magician persona.
    Yeah I can agree with both of these statements. Her hat certainly is iconic and helps put the entire look together for her.

And she has had so many costume changes as of late that yeah she probably can get away with changing her look on a whim. Although I was never a fan of the new 52 Superhero looking one, the one with the cape that came out around Trinity War/Forever Evil. It felt like they were trying to hard to lean into the superhero look instead of the magician side of things.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    And she has had so many costume changes as of late that yeah she probably can get away with changing her look on a whim. Although I was never a fan of the new 52 Superhero looking one, the one with the cape that came out around Trinity War/Forever Evil. It felt like they were trying to hard to lean into the superhero look instead of the magician side of things.
    I felt like it was a good attempt at modernizing one of her classic looks and injecting it with her iconic look to give her something Superhero-y. I definitely preferred it to her JLD costume at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The current look seems a little too "plain" for a Zatanna stage costume. That's why I had to side-eye her wearing it during the intro pages of Tynion's JLD instead of her classic look.
    I agree it's not really a stage outfit I think Zatanna would wear. I think an artist could have some fun by making it previous costumes she's worn if they wanted to.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah I can agree with both of these statements. Her hat certainly is iconic and helps put the entire look together for her.

I preferred it over her prior look from the previous JLD book, which although is pretty much her current though the jacket I feel makes her look less like an 16-18 year old but that could also just be the artist.

Astonishing Member

Do you prefer Zatanna with or without tattoos?

To me, it seems altogether in character for a mystical character to be rather heavily tattooed, especially with designs to ward off evil spirits.

Real permanent tattoos? No

Magic tattoos that she uses to attack or defend? I’m good with it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Do you prefer Zatanna with or without tattoos?

To me, it seems altogether in character for a mystical character to be rather heavily tattooed, especially with designs to ward off evil spirits.
    I don't think permanent tattoos fit the character. To me it just seems like trying to make her too "edgy."

The tattoos always seemed out of place on her to me.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

Good.

I figured since they weren’t bringing her to the Arrowverse, something must have been in the works for awhile.

Must get a great actress though.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 07-04-2020 at 05:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Good.

I figured since they were bringing her to the Arrowverse, something must have been in the works for awhile.

Must get a great actress though.
    True. I think with Z more than most, there's a great potential upside to a movie---it could be great; but it needs a great lead actress and a great story. Dialog is key with her IMO, it's got to be great, witty, and snappy. And they've got to figure out new and exciting ways to show her in action; as she's not as straightforward as most of the kick and punch crowd---and showing magic usually results in uncreative beams of light or lightning or whatever hitting each other...well we've all seen it too many times. A proper Z magic fight is key.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I wonder how they are going to play this out, are we just getting an origin story and if so what type? Are we going classic performer Zatanna or are going to see more recent Justice League Dark “dark magic”/otherside origins.
    Words to live by.

I'd rather a Zee movie that had nothing to do with the Justice League Dark, to be honest. Just tell her own story.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I could see a JLD movie AFTER this comes out and we see what the box office is. No point in throwing in too many things at once. Make Dr. Fate a Nick Fury type character who "recruits" members.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd rather a Zee movie that had nothing to do with the Justice League Dark, to be honest. Just tell her own story.
    Yeah, I wouldn’t mind a JLD movie with Zatanna in it but I’d prefer a solo movie.