Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    How do you guys think they will deal her identity problem?

Real name- Zatanna Zatara
    Stage name- Zatanna Zatara
    Superhero name- Zatanna Zatara

I remember in Paul dini's run she only had one identity and everyone knew her as a crime fighting superhero as well as a stage magician with real powers.

Actually DC has never really clarified what her status is in the Universe. No one writer has really worked on her for a significant period.
    For example - Zatanna is seen in her stage magician outfit battling super villains along with the Justice League. The next moment she is performing on stage and a jerk in the audience calls her out saying its all a hoax and she's using wires.

I think the cartoon DC Superhero Girls did a neat job of making her real & stage name - Zee Zatara and her superhero name - Zatanna

They also gave her three different outfits- superhero, stage and casual.
    Attachment 98711

In a live action set up, I think she should have three different names and her identity must be a secret.
    Zatanna should be her real name.
    Her stage name must be something else and she shouldn't use real magic on stage. Its alright if she does use real magic but only for the impossible acts. Otherwise she should stick with sleight of hand and prestidigitation.
    Her superhero name can be something else but she'll need to wear a mask or some kind of charm that hides her face.

DC universe is really complicated. People get away with powers that are impossible in the real world by saying there is science behind it. But then what can Magic do that science can't? How are the two different?
    I think it'd be more interesting if they just went the route of the comics and Zatanna is a known hero along with being a famous magician.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I think it'd be more interesting if they just went the route of the comics and Zatanna is a known hero along with being a famous magician.
    Agreed. That's the more classic take, and it makes her different than most other heroes.

Agreed. It's simpler that way.

20200720_222254.jpg

The October solicitations are talking about a change in the JLD roster.
    If they take out Zatanna, I'm never reading a DC book ever again. This book has been a gold mine to me because of Zatanna.

I mean I assume that if the series survives a possible relaunch after Death Metal, at least that’s what I’m assuming is happening, I’m pretty sure that the JLD was going to have a lineup shake anyway. Like I legitimately don’t think Doctor Fate is staying, either of them, I see them being on the JSA or the Justice League. Zatanna I would think would stick around as I think she’s been on about every other iteration of the team.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I don't really expect this series to continue on after Death Metal (Outsiders and Odyssey already got cancelled)

If she's getting her own movie, what are the odds she gets her own solo book again?

I wouldn't mind WW leaving and Zee, Constantine and Deadman being the primary JLDers again. Although they may need WW to boost sales of JLD. Not sure.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I don't really expect this series to continue on after Death Metal (Outsiders and Odyssey already got cancelled)
    I don't know, I don't think the writer would do a team change up right before they get canceled. Plus the Justice League show on HBO is a thing that's coming up. If anything, maybe it will get a relaunch after Death Metal, but I don't think it would be straight up canceled. But I guess we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    If she's getting her own movie, what are the odds she gets her own solo book again?

I wouldn't mind WW leaving and Zee, Constantine and Deadman being the primary JLDers again. Although they may need WW to boost sales of JLD. Not sure.
    Is Zee getting her own movie? I would love for her to have a solo or miniseries to go along with her being in JLD. And yeah, unfortunately, I think Wonder Woman should stay on the team. She has popularity and pull. I like WW too, so I'm fine with it.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I don't know, I don't think the writer would do a team change up right before they get canceled. Plus the Justice League show on HBO is a thing that's coming up. If anything, maybe it will get a relaunch after Death Metal, but I don't think it would be straight up canceled. But I guess we shall see.
    Just a hunch on my part based on DC trimming down other titles at the moment, I'd like it for it stay at least since it's probably my favorite team book at DC for the first time in a while. Would like if WW stuck around, since I kinda actually prefer her here than on the standard JL.

Yeah, I have a feeling it's ending soon.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Yeah, I just hope it's among the books relaunched.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Just a hunch on my part based on DC trimming down other titles at the moment, I'd like it for it stay at least since it's probably my favorite team book at DC for the first time in a while. Would like if WW stuck around, since I kinda actually prefer her here than on the standard JL.
    I mean, it's selling quite a bit more then Outsiders and Odyssey, so I'm not sure. If anything I think a relaunch is more likely.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Ram V has said for now that the book is still planned to continue: https://twitter.com/therightram/stat...368549888?s=21

I think Diana or the Fates may end up leaving Post-Death Metal, but I expect Zatanna, Chimp, and Man-Bat to stay.

I kind of want to see Zatanna stick with the book but I kind of want to see her do her own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kind of want to see Zatanna stick with the book but I kind of want to see her do her own thing.

I want both.