Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    does she still do the ah's and the sugahs when she's kind of talking to herself
    Not as much, I wouldn't say? Kelly Thompson didn't seem to use that very often but she still grasped Rogue's voice really well...?

When Rogue says “we going to them stones?” I can’t help but read it in a Yorkshire accent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    When Rogue says “we going to them stones?” I can’t help but read it in a Yorkshire accent.
    Now why the hell did ya have to go and say that; I can't un-hear it!!

All-New Member

Can someone refresh my memory with Rogues current power set. Is the wonderman powers she absorbed gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Giovaniellc2 View Post
    Can someone refresh my memory with Rogues current power set. Is the wonderman powers she absorbed gone?
    No, as far as we know she should still have them.

Also her absorption powers are in a weird state like usual; she can touch and control her absorption better skin-to-skin but recently developed a ranged absorption which she has poorer control over and which she needs to be careful with using (so like Synch and Hope but with life-force absorption).

That said I wouldn't be all that surprised if the recent 'sleeping beauty spell' messed with her powers again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    No, as far as we know she should still have them.

Also her absorption powers are in a weird state like usual; she can touch and control her absorption better skin-to-skin but recently developed a ranged absorption which she has poorer control over and which she needs to be careful with using (so like Synch and Hope but with life-force absorption).

That said I wouldn't be all that surprised if the recent 'sleeping beauty spell' messed with her powers again.
    Is it bad to say that, if it has, I hope it's just so far as she finally has control? I love Rogue to pieces but I always hate how, whenever her powers get messed with, it's just so she and Gambit have something to put a wedge between them...(And I know, he's been so, so incredibly amazing ala Mr and Mrs X...but I don't trust other writers to keep that up!)

U absolute bastard. I can never unhear this.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Is it bad to say that, if it has, I hope it's just so far as she finally has control? I love Rogue to pieces but I always hate how, whenever her powers get messed with, it's just so she and Gambit have something to put a wedge between them...(And I know, he's been so, so incredibly amazing ala Mr and Mrs X...but I don't trust other writers to keep that up!)
    TBH, I'd prefer she be in control when she's feeling 100% happy and well, but lose it the more stress she's under. Take away her power issue completely and a lot of the empathy of her character goes. To keep her interesting and relevant, her powers should be more analogous to management of a long-term chronic (mental) health condition.
    Last edited by Foon4000; 01-06-2020 at 02:38 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    TBH, I'd prefer she be in control when she's feeling 100% happy and well, but lose it the more stress she's under. Take away her power issue completely and a lot of the empathy of her character goes. To keep her interesting and relevant, her powers should be more analogous to management of a long-term chronic (mental) health condition.
    You're totally right, actually, I like that way more!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

By ‘eck, lad. Tha’ ist right.

I've said this before, but I didn't like the long range power absorption thing from Mr and Mrs X and I hope it goes away. It made her super OP.

I wish she went back to X-Men Legacy power levels.

YORKSHIRE ROGUE.jpg

Ay oop, trouble t'at mill.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    YORKSHIRE ROGUE.jpg

Ay oop, trouble t'at mill.
    Brilliant. Henceforth, she’s a Yorkshire lass to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I've said this before, but I didn't like the long range power absorption thing from Mr and Mrs X and I hope it goes away. It made her super OP.

She's stronger but not OP imo. I mean she's on a team with Apocalypse and Betsy potentially just got her brothers powers. She might not even be the strongest member on her team.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

I disliked the 'Legacy power levels if you mean the pre-Simon enhancement. To me, it made her too dependent on those around her and lessened the rest of the members of the book. As far as the long-range absorption, I would like to see it refined to the point where it could be focused on one person at a time. Right now it's akin IMO to a RADAR unit. Have it be more like a radio, being able to tune in one station at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I disliked the 'Legacy power levels if you mean the pre-Simon enhancement. To me, it made her too dependent on those around her and lessened the rest of the members of the book. As far as the long-range absorption, I would like to see it refined to the point where it could be focused on one person at a time. Right now it's akin IMO to a RADAR unit. Have it be more like a radio, being able to tune in one station at a time.
    I mean pre-Wonder Man yes. I liked that she had to be smart when using her powers.

Making her be able to tune into someone would just turn her into a more deadly Synch/Hope and I do not like it. Her powers are interesting because she needs to use her touch and they have a downside to them, imo.