Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

If its to prevent delays of any material or a rush job I'd prefer the dual stories
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    If its to prevent delays of any material or a rush job I'd prefer the dual stories
    If the rotating stories were both good, sure. But Glob and Beak rotating with Magik and Moonstar? Nope. Unacceptable. I'd rather just have the book be late.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Why was the story split up like this? I didn't think the other one ended properly either. Its been a couple of week. this a really bizarre way to tell these stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I don't like it either, I would've preferred it if were done arc by arc not split in the middle like this. It's both weird and off-putting.
    Does there really need to be a "Why?"

While they might not ever dovetail, I don't really see a problem with telling an "Overall..." story of the former school's younger students.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    If the rotating stories were both good, sure. But Glob and Beak rotating with Magik and Moonstar? Nope. Unacceptable. I'd rather just have the book be late.
    Damn you right lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Damn you right lol
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I think it has more to do with Hickman trying to set up events for X-men. He’s telling his story in X-men, so I think the “intermission” are to get New Mutants geared up to sync with X-Men when the plot comes to that point.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Never thought Oracle would be a traitor. She, Gladiator and Mentor have always been the most loyal to the Sha'ar throne.

This would be more in character of Astra, Hussar or Fang.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Same. I love dual story telling in non compressed books. Plus anytime u focus on glob as a main, ur storyline is gonna drag to make room for doofyness.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Never thought Oracle would be a traitor. She, Gladiator and Mentor have always been the most loyal to the Sha'ar throne.

She's always seemed like the most reasonable one to me too. She was probably like "oh yeah Deathbird great idea Majestor hahahaha NO"

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

Her methods are disgusting (but that has always been the case for the Shi'Ar) but from her POW, it's probably Galdiator who betrays the throne by abdicating and bringing that crazy harpy as royal instructor. And I can't say she's wrong.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Can we ask the NECESSARY QUESTION here, people?

Is the TRADE COLLECTION going to be formatted with the Glob nonsense wedged in, or can the pristine space drama be gifted to we collectors untainted?

This looks gorgeous. Of course.
    I cannot wait to see the Krakoans vs. the Commandos. These slaughterous sh!ts are out for blood so I hope the Krakoans show no mercy in return. I'm talking soulsword severed limbs, psionically inflicted flambe, kirby dot smashed faces, primal wolfy eviscerations, etc.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Oracle is the only one in the Empire with some sense.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    what a whiplash. brisson look like stalling while Hickman doing the main story
    Agreed. I think having this rapidfire multi issue release every month has got to be rough on the entire team. I would have happily waited a full month for a NM title I loved enough to buy the full trade rather than an issue here and there because I don't want to read about Glob and Beak.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Can we ask the NECESSARY QUESTION here, people?

Is the TRADE COLLECTION going to be formatted with the Glob nonsense wedged in, or can the pristine space drama be gifted to we collectors untainted?

This looks gorgeous. Of course.
    I cannot wait to see the Krakoans vs. the Commandos. These slaughterous sh!ts are out for blood so I hope the Krakoans show no mercy in return. I'm talking soulsword severed limbs, psionically inflicted flambe, kirby dot smashed faces, primal wolfy eviscerations, etc.
    I don't see why they would. Unless those issues sold super poorly I don't know why they'd go through the headache of dividing the two storylines in the trades... but I'm so very much in agreement with you.

BANNED

Right both storylines are close enough thematically, focusing on younger generations of XMen retrieving former allies that are away from Krakoa. The fact the two stories went in different directions is a good thing.

That Oracle scene surprised me as well. I wonder if she's doing that for Lilandra's daughter.

So glad that Rod Reis is back.