Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Actually the first time I see work of this artist, but I think I like it.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Right both storylines are close enough thematically, focusing on younger generations of XMen retrieving former allies that are away from Krakoa. The fact the two stories went in different directions is a good thing.
    I totally get WHY they had to go that route... especially because they are really trying to cram as many mutants into these books as possible... but from a trade paperback collection standpoint it's a huge disappointment.

BANNED

This looks gorgeous and exciting. It almost makes up for the disastrous Brisson issues. Ready for Deathbird to ascend the thrown and keep it.

Brisson’s issues have been the better of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    NOT QUITE!

I actually like the Brisson issues far more than a lot of people here. Then again I also don't have a rage boner for Glob either.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Is this the issue when Roberto powers up shredding his clothing and fights the Shi'Ar nekked?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    A rather relaxed murder plotting…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Looks great. I'm okay with them never finishing the other story. They can just have those characters show up in the background and we can assume they were saved off-panel.

Confirms that Devo and Killian Devo are different people.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    NOT QUITE!

A+++ gif use , may or may not have spit all over my screen
    I wouldnt necessarily call them better, Reis' art alone sets Hickman's issues a cut above, but im really happy to see space given to a wide variety of characters - esp more "backgrounded" ones like angel and beak

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Is this the issue when Roberto powers up shredding his clothing and fights the Shi'Ar nekked?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Why was the story split up like this? I didn't think the other one ended properly either. Its been a couple of week. this a really bizarre way to tell these stories.
    The other story is just a filler for Hickman's main story.

I really wish they have a separate title for Glob and gang instead of mixing them with the main team ie. New Mutants.

I like Hickman's New Mutants so far and I hope he will continue and develop them for the next few years. Hint... hint.... Marvel...

If Hickman does leave New Mutants title, I will drop this book as well.

I am just not thrilled with Ed Brisson's 'New Mutants' i.e. Glob and gang. They should be in a separate title....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    If the rotating stories were both good, sure. But Glob and Beak rotating with Magik and Moonstar? Nope. Unacceptable. I'd rather just have the book be late.
    Agree 100%. Could someone start a petition to Marvel about this?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I do like the two separate stories. Though I rather saw a story with Hellion, Surge, Indra, Trance, Mercury and Dust, instead of these kids. They've had enough attention during ik ng Disassembled and Age of X-Man. Note it's time for others to shine.

Agreed?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I actually like the Brisson issues far more than a lot of people here. Then again I also don't have a rage boner for Glob either.
    It's not a Glob rage boner. It's a "don't obvs put your favorites in the limelight without a reason." Guggenheim had the same issue with Kitty. Kitty was hated under him. Now, a non-obsessive Kitty writer is writing her and... Kate is now liked!

Brisson is also the only main writer brought over from the failed era, so see him repeat his mistake is pushing Glob, Armor and now the Maxine twins, when he writes them badly doesn't work either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    It's not a Glob rage boner. It's a "don't obvs put your favorites in the limelight without a reason." Guggenheim had the same issue with Kitty. Kitty was hated under him. Now, a non-obsessive Kitty writer is writing her and... Kate is now liked!

Brisson is also the only main writer brought over from the failed era, so see him repeat his mistake is pushing Glob, Armor and now the Maxine twins, when he writes them badly doesn't work either.
    It might be different if he actually said something meaningful with Glob. I feel like he has something to say but has yet to figure out how to say it. The problem is he’s figuring it out on the page, and it just isn’t that interesting to read.