Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

I want him to synch with Vulcan

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats really a fault of the writer (PAD) and shouldnt be used as an excuse for why the character should never be used again. I never cared for Darwin but its not like he is unsalvageable bc he can be reworked and treated with more respect. A new codename would be a start as well altered use of his powers (keeping him with brown skin as his default and not adapt)
    Given how white he looks on the cover, I don't have hopes for that. lol Sadly some characters have been so mishandled, they are unsalvageable -just my opinion though. To me, Darwin is a hopeless case until they make some big changes to his character. Maybe they're going to...but not getting my hopes up on it.

Lots of characters have been screwed up & could work if treated with more respect. But I don't have a history of seeing that happen. So by all means, put them on a bus with a one-way ticket.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-05-2020 at 09:10 AM.

Can someone explain how his powers work please? If he synched with say the blob, does synch become fat or does his aura just expand to the size of blob? Or what if he synched with iceman what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Can someone explain how his powers work please? If he synched with say the blob, does synch become fat or does his aura just expand to the size of blob? Or what if he synched with iceman what happens?
    It was variable over his publication. There were times when his aura would take on the properties of his target, and there were other times(predominately at the very beginning of the character) that he would physically take on the properties in his own body(such as when he absorbed Sabretooth's muscle mass and carried it for weeks afterwards, or when Emma had Skin and Synch battle in the Danger Grotto and they were just a tangled mess of flesh).

Last edited by yogaflame; 01-06-2020 at 05:30 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

He generally does not take on physical mutations but rather the function. For example when he synched with Penance, instead of gaining hard skin and razor claws, his aura became impenetrable and forcefield like. When they went to NY and fought Gene Nation, he synched With one of the large strong mutants. Instead of morphing to match his size, his aura became super strong and he was able to extend it out to deliver a super punch. Basically his aura is able to match physical properties without physically changing him. I imagine if he synched with Blob, his aura would become super durable

He generally does not take on physical mutations but rather the function. For example when he synched with Penance, instead of gaining hard skin and razor claws, his aura became impenetrable and forcefield like. When they went to NY and fought Gene Nation, he synched With one of the large strong mutants. Instead of morphing to match his size, his aura became super strong and he was able to extend it out to deliver a super punch. Basically his aura is able to match physical properties without physically changing him. I imagine if he synched with Blob, his aura would become super durable
    Yeah that's a super cool part of his powers imo. Like have him Synch with Angel so he gains energy wings etc. It really sets him apart from Hope, Rogue, Mimic etc.

I think if he synched with Blob the aura would get of the same consistency of Blob's body so he could catch and deflect bullets, trap enemies in it and such.

Mighty Member

it depends.. sometimes he took on the physical attributes of his targets .. like when he synched with Skin or Husk while other times his aura replicated their powers like when he synched with Penance and still other times his powers did something unique and different like when he synched with Chamber ( he channeled Jono's abilities as blast and could fly or when he synched with Emma and showed Telekinesis or when he synched deeper with M twins to have immunity to Emplates powers).

As far as blob, I could see him made adding some density to his frame, being stronger, and tougher but focusing in on Blobs mono directional gravity field which is often not talked about.As far as Iceman, I could see him coating himself in ice or projecting ice and cold blast like Oya...Maybe his aura would turn blue lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Mercury, Penance, and Rockslide.
    I'm down with this squad to go along with Ev, Laura, and Darwin. Nigh invulnerable types. And have them take on almost unbeatable villains with danger levels turned up to 11.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Thank you for all the responses

Would you guys rather is aura took on the properties of physical ability or his body, like say Rogue? Or a combination of both where he choose how he'd synced with someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Would you guys rather is aura took on the properties of physical ability or his body, like say Rogue? Or a combination of both where he choose how he'd synced with someone?
    His aura bc thats what sets him apart from Rogue and Hope. I think they should double down on that and expand upon his aura being his mutant power and how he can manipulate it via taking on properties of other mutants

His aura bc thats what sets him apart from Rogue and Hope. I think they should double down on that and expand upon his aura being his mutant power and how he can manipulate it via taking on properties of other mutants
    Yes. Plus mutant powers have an energy signatures and "mutant energy" is a thing, so it would make sense that it's the aura that takes on the properties of a mutant power and not his body.

Some Silva Synch from X-Men Blue to hype us up.

xmenblue184.jpg

xmenblue185.jpg

i want Ev and the other GenX'ers to meet up with the Hellions, at some point; trade emma frost stories. i really liked that issue where they found themselves in the form of the Hellions.

Marte Garcia is gonna ROCK Ev's mutant aura!!!