Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    they didn't even attempt to deescalate the situation. and chances are, someone besides Everett is going to be harmed if they start unloading.
    Even worse to an already dehumanizing experience, Ev has some social capital with this police force and they have the entire armory drawn on him. Imagine if he wasn’t a”good kid” or “straight ‘A’ student”....

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Even worse to an already dehumanizing experience, Ev has some social capital with this police force and they have the entire armory drawn on him. Imagine if he wasn’t a”good kid” or “straight ‘A’ student”....
    I don't exactly recall, did he synch with Banshee somehow?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I don't exactly recall, did he synch with Banshee somehow?
    Yeah, I believe Banshee was flying overhead Synch’s apartment and his powers activated at that point.

Years ago, if someone had told me that one day Synch would not only be among the living again but also once more on a X-Men team, I wouldn't have believed it.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Hickman had him up his sleeve. We are ready.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Good idea. OP, I found this one to be pretty good.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Evere...as_(Earth-616)
    I'll add it. If someone has got a recap of his story feel free to post, otherwise I'll try to do it as soon as I have some time on my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    As far as his powers go, it was always intimated in Gen X that he might be able to keep the powers his aura synched with even outside of the presence of his target(for example, he kept Sabretooth's muscular mass for weeks after they were together in Phalanx Covenant), and that he had the potential to be the most powerful mutant alive. Now that he lives on Krakoa with most of the mutants of earth, he should have had the opportunity to synch up with most if not all of them(including Krakoa itself), making him the ultimate mutant with all mutant powers. Giving him X23 and Darwin's powers in this story is a nice start, but I want it all for my boy!

#rainbowpower #tastetherainbow
    I do remember reading that about Ev. I also think that the fact him Synch with non-mutant enhanced beings is something else that separates him from Hope. Imagine him taking on the Hulk's powers...!!!

Fair, but I don’t think it changed too much.
    It's changed enough that they didn't shoot him dead instantly back then.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

what i said was that simply being born in Harlem isn't the same as growing up in Harlem. what's hard to understand about that? my parents are from the South. that doesn't make me from the South. i wouldn't consider myself a southerner if i had been born down there but raised in the Midwest.
    Ororo was born in America and has lived in America most of her adult life. She's American. And for that matter, Bishop was born in America and has also lived in America(in this age or another) most of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I do remember reading that about Ev. I also think that the fact him Synch with non-mutant enhanced beings is something else that separates him from Hope. Imagine him taking on the Hulk's powers...!!!
    Give my boy all the powers and never let him die again!

Prodigy and Hope were both inferior models of Synch. Show them how it's done Ev!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Give my boy all the powers and never let him die again!

Prodigy and Hope were both inferior models of Synch. Show them how it's done Ev!
    Prodigy's power was dope tho, even if different. In the Marvel Universe getting skills from some beings can make you very dangerous (he lived with geniuses, magic users, martial artists etc.).

Prodigy was a lesser version of Synch, don't front. Synch was able to do basically a telepathic meld with his targets too(which is how he learned of M's secret long before anyone else on the team, including Emma who the M twins shut down from deeper probes), so there's no reason he couldn't synch non-power skills and talents as well as actual superpowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Prodigy's power was dope tho, even if different. In the Marvel Universe getting skills from some beings can make you very dangerous (he lived with geniuses, magic users, martial artists etc.).
    Never will get using Synch to try and discredit other black heroes but *shrug*

I wish writers would remember Prodigy’s canonically one of the best H2H fighters due to adopting both Wolverine and Kate’s fight. Whenever Prodigy does get his powers back, I wonder how Synch will interact with his powerset.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Whenever Prodigy does get his powers back, I wonder how Synch will interact with his powerset.
    The Ultimate Intimacy Redux.

Mighty Member

what i said was that simply being born in Harlem isn't the same as growing up in Harlem. what's hard to understand about that? my parents are from the South. that doesn't make me from the South. i wouldn't consider myself a southerner if i had been born down there but raised in the Midwest.
    As a southern who lives in the midwest now.. yeah you are not a southern but there are cultural connections, ties, and traditions that connect Black people from the south to the midwest, from the south to the north, from the south to the west coast, etc. I think what some of us are trying to say is there is still a connection.. With in the US, Black people are culturally connected through the historical legacy of slavery but we are also connected to our brothers and sisters across the diaspora( the Caribbean, Latin America, Black brits,Afro Canadians, Black French, etc).. as well as back on the continent of Africa..