Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I really want to get behind this character, where should I start reading? And what should I avoid?
    He was introduced in the Phalanx Covenant crossover (that's where the above photo with the cops is from) which imo is excellent and worth picking up. That then led into Generation X where he died.

By the way, he died saving human students.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Can't wait to see his awesome synch aura again, and I am really loving that costume. I need a Marvel Legends figure of that Asap.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

That costume is dope. Silva on art is just the icing on the cake of Synch's return. Welcome home, brotha!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Is that Darwin, as well?? Also won't his relationship with money be weird seeing as how she's adult education ahead of him by now?
    Given the STS, Monet is probably only 19 now. Synch died at 17, I think. So if that's the case, Monet wouldn't be that far ahead.

They are hanging out at least, going by a line in New Mutants. I wish she'd have been in this book rather than Laura. Like we aren't seeing enough of her.

Marvel goes from 1 extreme to the next. The reuse & overuse A-list characters already getting enough exposure. Then when they do decide to use different characters, the skip popular B's and go straight to the D-listers. Wild Child? and whoever else is in Hellions...(not counting Sinister of course). We got Synch, let Monet or Skin have been the one on the team.

Synch + Silva = 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥

Is that Darwin, as well?? Also won't his relationship with money be weird seeing as how she's adult education ahead of him by now?
    Nope the resurrection process can age people up( Hi Tempus) to their correct ages. Synch and Skin will be their correct ages.

I dont think that will factor in. Considering both died and were brought back, who's to say they arent physically the same age

Amazing, that we are finally see the re-emergence of Synch! Can't wait to read this even if it is only for one book. Give me this one book and I'll continue to wait for someone to get a clue about Synch being a badass with so much potential.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Amazing, that we are finally see the re-emergence of Synch! Can't wait to read this even if it is only for one book. Give me this one book and I'll continue to wait for someone to get a clue about Synch being a badass with so much potential.
    Couldn't agree more.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

I'm glad it's happening in the main book, directly under Hickman too. Synch was sidelined for farrrrr too long, so I hope his return is exciting and puts him back on the map.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Every thing has been so deliberate about this new status quo that I am pretty sure that this is setting up one of the new books. And I am hoping it is the previous announce Vita Alya book. Either way I think it is reason to be happy because either it is going get focus by Hickman in the biggest book or they are going to give them their own book.

This will be the first time that a Black American is a member of the main X-Men team.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Every thing has been so deliberate about this new status quo that I am pretty sure that this is setting up one of the new books. And I am hoping it is the previous announce Vita Alya book. Either way I think it is reason to be happy because either it is going get focus by Hickman in the biggest book or they are going to give them their own book.
    Just to add to this, both Psylocke and Cable have books coming out of Fallen Angels. It only makes sense that Laura also soon get a book/team for her own. And this could very well be an introduction to Vita’s book in the same way that I think the Resurrection Protocols will be an introduction to Leah’s book. Or maybe the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Gaaaah my excitement for this is already rock hard!!! I love Synch in the Gen X classic Read and Black and it looks like hes rocking the clunky boots!
    GrindrStone(D)

Good to see fans of Synch having something to get excited about.

It's also particularly interesting factoring those three characters into what might spin out of the first four issues(assuming this will not be based around something else entirely...)

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    This will be the first time that a Black American is a member of the main X-Men team.
    Storm was born in Harlem. Try again.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!