Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Gaaaah my excitement for this is already rock hard!!! I love Synch in the Gen X classic Read and Black and it looks like hes rocking the clunky boots!
    Clunky boots and gauntlets is a must for a Gen X look.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm was born in Harlem. Try again.
    lmao chill with that hostility ish. I mean a black person who grew up in America with both parents having a history in American slavery.

BANNED

This is awesome

Finally

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    It's been over a decade! So glad for his return.
    Synch Died in GenX #70 which came out December 2000
    Damn! its been 20 freaking years!!
    GrindrStone(D)

Ev's long overdue for a permanent return. Seeing him able to synch with a Wolverine level healer and a tactical evolver will hopefully keep him around... at least for this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Finally Synch has returned!

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Is that Darwin, as well?? Also won't his relationship with money be weird seeing as how she's adult education ahead of him by now?
    might be weird considering He and Synch were both 'lovers' of M
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

They are hanging out at least, going by a line in New Mutants. I wish she'd have been in this book rather than Laura. Like we aren't seeing enough of her.

Marvel goes from 1 extreme to the next. The reuse & overuse A-list characters already getting enough exposure. Then when they do decide to use different characters, the skip popular B's and go straight to the D-listers. Wild Child? and whoever else is in Hellions...(not counting Sinister of course). We got Synch, let Monet or Skin have been the one on the team.
    YAS! to all this ... having M on the team not only puts in drama...but damn think about the convo between her and Synch (maybe Hickman is too busy to do it justice?) And Im preeety sure it woulda been melanin overload.....Is this thei first time theres been more than 1 black dude on an X-Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    This will be the first time that a Black American is a member of the main X-Men team.
    2020 and we finalllllly see an African American Dude on the XMen!!!
    Yaaaay!!!! #progress??
    GrindrStone(D)

Imagine Synch with Laura, Monet and Darwin powers at the same time.

giphy (1).jpg

Clunky boots and gauntlets is a must for a Gen X look.
    along with a sh!tty attitude
    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

giphy (1).jpg
    lol Riiiiiight
    GrindrStone(D)

he should hold on to Darwin's powers (not that it would stop them from having him die in another explosion).

Storm was born in Harlem. Try again.
    born in harlem isn't the same as growing up in harlem.

---
    on another note...
    my greatest fear is that they are going to do something drastic to Synch's appearance; like giving him one of those creepy 90s Larenz Tate mustaches. this happens to all black male characters, eventually.

giphy (1).jpg
    LMAO. RIGHT!!!!!!

I don't want to ask this question, because I don't want to give anyone an excuse to neuter a black man in comics. But should Ev have some kind of limitation on how many people he can sync with?
    I would still want him to utilize his "borrowed" powers better than the lender. And that he should be able to hold on to those powers for an extend time, without the lender being around. But I wouldn't want him to borrow more than five people at a time. Could you image if he stepped in one of the Quiet Council's meeting and synced with everyone there? Who in the world could stop him?

With the limitation added, it could force him to pick which powers to sync with before a mission. And with nearly every mutant staying on the island, he has a literally smorgasbord of combinations he could use. With no limitation, he could simple synch with everyone at the same time and go into "Rogue-Celestial-stopping Mode". And where's the drama in that.

I can just picture him syncing with Cyclops, Iceman, Northstar, Diamond Lil and Warpath = black Superman. Add Professor X and Changeling (if he's alive) and he's Martian Manhunter.

giphy (1).jpg
    Lol, yo I'm geeking out at just the thought of it, and to see him use it in combat....!!! We gotta get him in a regular book wrecking isht!!!

BANNED

So happy to see Ev getting the spotlight. Ready for some rainbow realness!

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    LMAO. RIGHT!!!!!!

I don't want to ask this question, because I don't want to give anyone an excuse to neuter a black man in comics. But should Ev have some kind of limitation on how many people he can sync with?
    I would still want him to utilize his "borrowed" powers better than the lender. And that he should be able to hold on to those powers for an extend time, without the lender being around. But I wouldn't want him to borrow more than five people at a time. Could you image if he stepped in one of the Quiet Council's meeting and synced with everyone there? Who in the world could stop him?

With the limitation added, it could force him to pick which powers to sync with before a mission. And with nearly every mutant staying on the island, he has a literally smorgasbord of combinations he could use. With no limitation, he could simple synch with everyone at the same time and go into "Rogue-Celestial-stopping Mode". And where's the drama in that.

I can just picture him syncing with Cyclops, Iceman, Northstar, Diamond Lil and Warpath = black Superman. Add Professor X and Changeling (if he's alive) and he's Martian Manhunter.
    Naw, let these writers who get paid good money do their damn job and you know writer creative, epic stories with him. Imagine the crazy threats that would allow a great writer to imagine.