Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    LMAO. RIGHT!!!!!!

I don't want to ask this question, because I don't want to give anyone an excuse to neuter a black man in comics. But should Ev have some kind of limitation on how many people he can sync with?
    I would still want him to utilize his "borrowed" powers better than the lender. And that he should be able to hold on to those powers for an extend time, without the lender being around. But I wouldn't want him to borrow more than five people at a time. Could you image if he stepped in one of the Quiet Council's meeting and synced with everyone there? Who in the world could stop him?

With the limitation added, it could force him to pick which powers to sync with before a mission. And with nearly every mutant staying on the island, he has a literally smorgasbord of combinations he could use. With no limitation, he could simple synch with everyone at the same time and go into "Rogue-Celestial-stopping Mode". And where's the drama in that.

I can just picture him syncing with Cyclops, Iceman, Northstar, Diamond Lil and Warpath = black Superman. Add Professor X and Changeling (if he's alive) and he's Martian Manhunter.
    I think that keeping him got retaining the powers should be enough (like when he gets far from the mutant he loses the power).

Another thing that I think it'd be cool and distinguish him from Hope would be making him copy physical powers through the aura, like when he copied Penance and his aura became a force field. So like say he copied Angel and he gains the ability to shape his aura like wings and fly.

i'd settle for him just actively trying to creatively use the powers that he copies differently from the user. he could become a great teacher, that way. i vividly remember him using Jubilee's powers in a way that shocked everyone by the sheer potential of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i'd settle for him just actively trying to creatively use the powers that he copies differently from the user. he could become a great teacher, that way. i vividly remember him using Jubilee's powers in a way that shocked everyone by the sheer potential of them.
    Same with Jono.
    He used them to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Same with Jono.
    He used them to fly.
    and managed to not blow his jaw off.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

So Psyched for Synch!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

And he used Emma's latent TK.

Would he become a mini Cassie Nova if he mimicked Xavier?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I am ready to taste the rainbow, with colors by Marte Gracia no less.

Mighty Member

I hope hickman gives us some insight into Ev's mindset .. I hope we have some internal dialogue or one of those data sheets devoted Ev..

I also hope Ev gets to interact with Gideon.. Of all the power mimics.. I think Gideons powers are closet to Ev's...Gideon does have a history of wanting to mentor Black boys lol( His ish with Sunspot she not be forgotten)

As far as Ev's powers.. what makes him different for me is that there are levels to his synching.. he can superficially synch but as we discovered when he fought emplate's possession he can synch deeper like he did with M so that he could become free of Emplate's control.. Maybe that needs to be unpacked a bit and we need to know what a light vs a deep synch means for how he mimics the abilities of others

it's been so long that i have no idea if Everett would be welcome at his family home. but it's going to be really weird for him to meet his now grown adopted siblings. they probably still remember him being all emplate-d out.

it's been so long that i have no idea if Everett would be welcome at his family home. but it's going to be really weird for him to meet his now grown adopted siblings. they probably still remember him being all emplate-d out.
    I feel like this is almost never touched upon, especially in modern X-men comics. Non-mutant relatives tend to not get much thought

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I feel like this is almost never touched upon, especially in modern X-men comics. Non-mutant relatives tend to not get much thought
    right? but Ev had a decent sized family. and, for whatever reason, i feel like they were probably close. the police seemed to know Everett as well (in a positive light).

welcome back Synch, its been too long!
    I hope he gets some panel time somewhere with him, Skin, Mondo and the restl the Gen Xers reunited.

right? but Ev had a decent sized family. and, for whatever reason, i feel like they were probably close. the police seemed to know Everett as well (in a positive light).
    Eh I kinda thought it was a cop out that outta all these mutants with big ass families Synch only has adopted siblings. I think he has a lil white bro, 2 lil sisters One was a blind Asian, other was black .
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Imagine Synch with Laura, Monet and Darwin powers at the same time.

Attachment 91044
    That's what I'm saying! Pairing Synch and Laura, much less with Darwin as well, that's some superpower-ness Everett's gonna be running around with. Ev, we don't want you to die ever again. Take Laura with you at all times.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

born in harlem isn't the same as growing up in harlem.

---
    on another note...
    my greatest fear is that they are going to do something drastic to Synch's appearance; like giving him one of those creepy 90s Larenz Tate mustaches. this happens to all black male characters, eventually.
    She's still a Black American, or are you saying that Black Americans who spent their childhood in Africa don't count as Black Americans? Certainly she's had a different life experience from most, but you can't not count her at all.

Anyways, I'm happy Ev is back, I started reading the comics just before the Gen X crew were introduced, so they are my ground level crew and I've missed him terribly. So glad Hickman brought him back and will now personally handle his reintroduction proper in the main book.

That said, as a teenager/young adult(I don't know how that works, given the resurrection), Ev's bald look was a bit strange to me. It's one thing for someone more mature to embrace the bald look, but I can't recall a single young guy who willfully shaved bald like that 24/7. I wouldn't mind Ev exploring other looks.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!