Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Prodigy was a lesser version of Synch, don't front. Synch was able to do basically a telepathic meld with his targets too(which is how he learned of M's secret long before anyone else on the team, including Emma who the M twins shut down from deeper probes), so there's no reason he couldn't synch non-power skills and talents as well as actual superpowers.
    I always thought he was an interesting foil to Shola who had debuted a few earlier with karma in Chicago.. I wish they had interacted .. I wonder what would have been the case if Shola had been younger and included in new xmen instead of David..

I think prodigy powers could work a lot different than synch if they focus on it being specialized telepathy and allow him to manipulate the knowledge of others.. Being able to transfer skills to people or make them unable to access certain skills would be a very interesting use of his power.. David should be on the research team with Forge, Sage, Doug, and Dr. Nemsis ..

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I always thought he was an interesting foil to Shola who had debuted a few earlier with karma in Chicago.. I wish they had interacted .. I wonder what would have been the case if Shola had been younger and included in new xmen instead of David..

I think prodigy powers could work a lot different than synch if they focus on it being specialized telepathy and allow him to manipulate the knowledge of others.. Being able to transfer skills to people or make them unable to access certain skills would be a very interesting use of his power.. David should be on the research team with Forge, Sage, Doug, and Dr. Nemsis ..
    I agree Prodigy should be in the think tank with Forge, Sage, Trinary, Doug et al. And Synch should be out in the field kicking butt.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

That said, as a teenager/young adult(I don't know how that works, given the resurrection), Ev's bald look was a bit strange to me. It's one thing for someone more mature to embrace the bald look, but I can't recall a single young guy who willfully shaved bald like that 24/7. I wouldn't mind Ev exploring other looks.
    Some rocked the look in Alabama... Wasn't Moeshas boyfriend bald??lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Fair, but I don’t think it changed too much.
    Ha Damn #truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im interested in seeing how Hickman distinguishes him from Hope
    well he's a Dude and he's black and didn't almost cause the ruining 2nd most popular Black X-Man
    I still think Prodigy sucks tho
    GrindrStone(D)

I did like Prodigy's dream/vision where he took over the world. That was the only story with the entire Academy X/New X-Men kids I actually liked. Beyond that, he, and the rest of his generation, have done nothing for me.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I did like Prodigy's dream/vision where he took over the world. That was the only story with the entire Academy X/New X-Men kids I actually liked. Beyond that, he, and the rest of his generation, have done nothing for me.
    Those dumb AF yellow almost see through glasses he wore really got on my eFFin nerves. Did Marvel have some secret deal with Google glass? Cause I reeeeeeally don't understand why they keep trying to make them happen
    GrindrStone(D)

I read that story, and also thought it was pretty good. The problem is that I think it telegraphs the reason why it's hard to use him to his maximum potential while simultaneously showing the levels of amazing Prodigy is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    Years ago, if someone had told me that one day Synch would not only be among the living again but also once more on a X-Men team, I wouldn't have believed it.
    Agreed, It warms my heart to have Ev back and I can't wait to see im using his aura to kick plenty of ass.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

So Ev, Laura and Darwin are probably going to have a team dedicated to them. I think that Generation X would kinda work as a team name, but I'd like to hear your opinion on the name and who would you guys choose as other team members?

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    So Ev, Laura and Darwin are probably going to have a team dedicated to them. I think that Generation X would kinda work as a team name, but I'd like to hear your opinion on the name and who would you guys choose as other team members?
    Well, you kind of need mutants that can survive anything throw at them. Because Ev close to Laura and Darwin cannot die. So I am gonna go with Rockslide here?

Mercury, Penance, and Rockslide.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Well I'd get rid of Laura & Darwin. The former is a Wolverine and already had / has 2 books. Less double-dipping would be nice. The latter...his character is a tad racist. Black guy with powers of evolution, named after a racist scientist who believed brown skin was a sign of inferior development & white was the pinnacle, and he turns into w white man... He was the one black character I was fine never seeing again.

Not only that but he's heavily connected to PAD's X-Factor, and I didn't like the writer, who was responsible for Monet's heavy white-washing & gets pissed when people call him out on it. Plus, imo, his writing for all the existing characters didn't do them any justice.

So, taking those two out, and replace with Monet & Skin, and we're golden. A few others could / would be nice, but most are already in other books.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Well I'd get rid of Laura & Darwin. The former is a Wolverine and already had / has 2 books. Less double-dipping would be nice. The latter...his character is a tad racist. Black guy with powers of evolution, named after a racist scientist who believed brown skin was a sign of inferior development & white was the pinnacle, and he turns into w white man... He was the one black character I was fine never seeing again.

Not only that but he's heavily connected to PAD's X-Factor, and I didn't like the writer, who was responsible for Monet's heavy white-washing & gets pissed when people call him out on it. Plus, imo, his writing for all the existing characters didn't do them any justice.

So, taking those two out, and replace with Monet & Skin, and we're golden. A few others could / would be nice, but most are already in other books.
    Thats really a fault of the writer (PAD) and shouldnt be used as an excuse for why the character should never be used again. I never cared for Darwin but its not like he is unsalvageable bc he can be reworked and treated with more respect. A new codename would be a start as well altered use of his powers (keeping him with brown skin as his default and not adapt)

Trinary, M, and Jesse Bedlam. Possibly Hellion.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Trinary, M, and Jesse Bedlam. Possibly Hellion.
    I'd like all of these choices. Might had Bling! and Mercury because I want them to be explored as a couple and they would work with Laura in the team.

High fives and pounds to Jonathan Hickman for bringing Synch back. This issue can't come fast enough.