View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav New Mutants?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dani Moonstar

163 61.28%
  • Sunspot

124 46.62%
  • Magik

181 68.05%
    85 31.95%
  • Cannonball

99 37.22%
  • Wolfsbane

83 31.20%
  • Cypher

74 27.82%
  • Warlock

54 20.30%
  • Magma

59 22.18%
  • Boom-Boom

61 22.93%
  • Rictor

73 27.44%
  • Blink

41 15.41%
  • Strong Guy

18 6.77%
  • Rusty

16 6.02%
  • Skids

29 10.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1171
    Mighty Member

Now that we know Doug didn't die , he would probably be off on his 'honeymoon' before joining back the main cast in New Mutants, I really hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    NOTO showed the way to a happy medium, add the NM yellow stripe to the lines of the Bachalo look and its still a strong look and connects her to the team ensemble appearance.
    I really don't like those generic yellow and black "X" suits. Magik shouldn't become more generic to fit the others.
    Bachalo's design isn't perfect, but at least she does have a distinct look and doesn't look like a junior X-man whenever she appears in other books.
    If anything, the others should be getting individualized costumes too.

Mighty Member

The move shouldn't be to make Magik more New Mutant generic jumpsuit.

It should be to give the rest of the new Mutants new outfits. I liked business suit Roberto.

Just make the Valkyrie Dani's default look if you can't think of anything else.

Doug's new outfit is actually fine so that doesn't really need a change.

Sam's 1945 fighter pilot look was good on him.

I dunno what you do with Karma, but that's four people you could change instantly for the better in terms of individuality

Extraordinary Member

Magik's outfit should fit her character and abilities, and a belly shirt and short shorts does not scream 'demon sorceress' or 'sword-fighter.' It also does not seem like something she'd come up with on her own because it has no practical benefit.

Something like her graduation costumes with their hoods and cloaks would be perfect. Also making her armor her default look would work. What she's currently wearing is an Emma costume that in no way fits her. as a character.

Mighty Member

The moaning over Magik's outfit after nearly a decade, and it being her most popular look, by a mile is needless screeching into the void.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

Something like her graduation costumes with their hoods and cloaks would be perfect. Also making her armor her default look would work. What she's currently wearing is an Emma costume that in no way fits her. as a character.
    Hood and cloak are the antithesis of practical. It may work if she was only a wizzard, but in a physical fight, it doesn't help at all.

Anyway, we do'nt want practicality in comics. Practicality would be everyone not unvulnerable wearing the same bulletproof suit, also covering their face and their head, and having an utility belt and a dozen of pouches.
    And no cape, hood, high heels, ribbon or whatever can be grabbed or stuck somewhere or make them trip.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Hood and cloak are the antithesis of practical. It may work if she was only a wizzard, but in a physical fight, it doesn't help at all.

Anyway, we do'nt want practicality in comics. Practicality would be everyone not unvulnerable wearing the same bulletproof suit, also covering their face and their head, and having an utility belt and a dozen of pouches.
    And no cape, hood, high heels, ribbon or whatever can be grabbed or stuck somewhere or make them trip.
    The practicality aspect is only an issue because the theme is also absent. A character's costume should have a reason for the way it is, either for practical reasons or because it fits the character's theme, powers, or personality. Magik's costume has none of that. It doesn't have anything to do with her powers, themes, or personality. As someone who is written to not care about her appearance, doesn't want men staring at her figure and hitting on her, and who thinks in terms of what is practical, it is not something she would come up with on her own. If she was someone more like Emma, who would use her looks to get what she wants, it would make sense. But she isn't written that way. That is why the training uniform works better for her, because it reflects the fact that she doesn't care about appearances and will go with what she is given. By having her choose to dress like this they are implying things about her that are completely absent in how she is written. The way she is written, she would only choose to go wear something practical into battle if given the chance to design it herself. If they have one sentence saying that Emma or someone else designed the costume and Illyana went along with it because she doesn't care, that would actually solve the problem. They could have gone for something that fits with her character and theming, something that was practical, or something that was both, and they decided on something that was neither and therefore went for something that makes no sense in the context of the story.

Mighty Member

I guarantee you, most characters outfits do not fit a theme or power and only occasionally their personality.

For every Emma and iceman, you've got a billion rogues and wolverines and their outfits inform NOTHING about them thematically. They just look cool.

The need for an outfit to gravitate around a character's 'ethos' is just some high tier nonsense. It just needs to look good.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    The move shouldn't be to make Magik more New Mutant generic jumpsuit.

It should be to give the rest of the new Mutants new outfits. I liked business suit Roberto.

Just make the Valkyrie Dani's default look if you can't think of anything else.

Doug's new outfit is actually fine so that doesn't really need a change.

Sam's 1945 fighter pilot look was good on him.

I dunno what you do with Karma, but that's four people you could change instantly for the better in terms of individuality
    Karma should get the unused pink costume Dustin Weavet designed for her when he was working on AXM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    NOTO showed the way to a happy medium, add the NM yellow stripe to the lines of the Bachalo look and its still a strong look and connects her to the team ensemble appearance.

Or go the MARKO DJURDJEVIC way and give her a magical skirt

DEAD SOULS had a good idea, but the execution was eh...
    I must admit that I am very drawn to Illyana's head piece by Noto.
    I would be unopposed to seeing that design incorporated into her look.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Karma should get the unused pink costume Dustin Weavet designed for her when he was working on AXM.
    I'd drop the mask, but that's actually not a bad look.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    What costume are you talking about? I don't think I've seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    What costume are you talking about? I don't think I've seen it.
    I like the version without the mask, because she's been showing her face her whole career, so hiding it now would be pointless.

Nice! I agree, the mask is pointless. I'd change the colour of the headband and belt, too. I never did like pink and red together. Darker pink or green would work better.

Masks are way cool. Have them be maskless on Krakoa but masked when they venture out.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume