View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav New Mutants?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dani Moonstar

163 61.28%
  • Sunspot

124 46.62%
  • Magik

181 68.05%
    85 31.95%
  • Cannonball

99 37.22%
  • Wolfsbane

83 31.20%
  • Cypher

74 27.82%
  • Warlock

54 20.30%
  • Magma

59 22.18%
  • Boom-Boom

61 22.93%
  • Rictor

73 27.44%
  • Blink

41 15.41%
  • Strong Guy

18 6.77%
  • Rusty

16 6.02%
  • Skids

29 10.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Although he became more of an X-Men main character or senior mutants as I like to call them, Legion is actually my favourite new mutants character. he is one of Claremont's most genius and most diabolical creations to date.

Legion is coming up in the next arc, hopefully he will join the team. He did make his debut in original New Mutants series.
    Last edited by ericng; 01-11-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Legion is coming up in the next arc, hopefully he will join the team. He did make his debut in original New Mutants series.
    what is legion's power set currently? it didn't seem to be defined beyond "reality warping"-- and at this point we've already seen what his power can cause at it's zenith. what else is left? is he even redeemable? Bleh..

gay

Ultimate Member

"I totally respect single moms. Like you're going to be, when I steal your man..."

You're not endearing yourself to Cannonball's Mrs there, Roberto!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You're not endearing yourself to Cannonball's Mrs there, Roberto!
    He’s trying to take the “us” out of the Missus.

I wonder if Smasher knows that Bobby stole Sam's ex gf before

Mighty Member

Are the solicitations for issues #10 and #11 up yet?

Not that I've seen. Is #11 even due in April? The books aren't consistently double shipping any more.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I've been rereading Zeb Well's run and it's honestly truly amazing. Just finished the Necrosha arc and I've enjoyed every issue so far. I remember liking it, but not loving it. Well I love it now. Every character has something to say and Wells really knows his continuity. That first arc which brought Legion back is great.

I am now looking forward to Hellions because I trust Wells will do a good job.

Good news, looks like we're getting reprints of the Epic Collections. For people like me who collect TPB's this is fantastic news!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...trailer-drops/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I've been rereading Zeb Well's run and it's honestly truly amazing. Just finished the Necrosha arc and I've enjoyed every issue so far. I remember liking it, but not loving it. Well I love it now. Every character has something to say and Wells really knows his continuity. That first arc which brought Legion back is great.

I am now looking forward to Hellions because I trust Wells will do a good job.

Zeb Wells' run was really cool, he gave focus to every New Mutants character and expanded their cool powers but subsequent writers didn't pick up on his innovations.

I would have preferred Zeb to write New Mutants after Hickman leaves the New Mutants.

Ed Brisson over-enthusiasm on Glob and Armor is quite depressing.

Just wondering, is New Mutants the dark horse fan-favorite title of the Dawn of X launch?

Because I remember how it was the unexpected bestseller of November, beating even the flagship X-Men title to #1. It could be that it took the action away from Krakoa (divisively received as we know), and was more about a swashbuckling space story that's lighter in tone compared to the other darker titles. New Mutants being praised as a lighter comic seems funny though, considering how dark and scary it's been in the past. Plus, the unique retro art immediately catches the eye.

What do you think?

It is also influenced by the fact that it is a comic written by Hickman (that is, you know that he will advance the DoX narrative) written with a classic team structure, instead of X-Men that is more experimental.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Just wondering, is New Mutants the dark horse fan-favorite title of the Dawn of X launch?

Because I remember how it was the unexpected bestseller of November, beating even the flagship X-Men title to #1. It could be that it took the action away from Krakoa (divisively received as we know), and was more about a swashbuckling space story that's lighter in tone compared to the other darker titles. New Mutants being praised as a lighter comic seems funny though, considering how dark and scary it's been in the past. Plus, the unique retro art immediately catches the eye.

What do you think?
    It had an Artgerm variant.