View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav New Mutants?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dani Moonstar

163 61.28%
  • Sunspot

124 46.62%
  • Magik

181 68.05%
    85 31.95%
  • Cannonball

99 37.22%
  • Wolfsbane

83 31.20%
  • Cypher

74 27.82%
  • Warlock

54 20.30%
  • Magma

59 22.18%
  • Boom-Boom

61 22.93%
  • Rictor

73 27.44%
  • Blink

41 15.41%
  • Strong Guy

18 6.77%
  • Rusty

16 6.02%
  • Skids

29 10.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 70 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1171

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Haha, serves me right, when I was writing my post I tried my hardest to remember if Magma had been there too in some role and couldn't remember her at all. For a pretty girl Amara sure spends lots of time a wall-flower.
    She needs to rock the curly Bob again...
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Has he encountered and failed to understand animal languages by Hickman? 'Cause I'm not sure that Hickman has forgotten that, so much as it hasn't come up because Doug hasn't run into a bunch of dogs-hanging-around-crime-scenes-that-need-to-be-interrogated...
    Sorry, what I meant was post Zeb Wells era.. and not specifically Hickman because he wrote only 4 issues.

If a writer can write a character well, he/she would have create a situation for a mutant to use his powers.

That was what happened in Chris Claremont's time and Zeb Wells time. They created situations where the New Mutants had opportunities to use different aspects of their powers.

Personally, I feel that during Hickman's era, C grade writers have been assigned to write the New Mutants title as a filler.

The whole Brisson's run looks more like a filler run, the new writer Vita Ayala doesn't look promising either.

I think Marvel is just trying out filler writers for New Mutants until they can find an A or B grade writer.
    Last edited by ericng; 09-20-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Sorry, what I meant was post Zeb Wells era.. and not specifically Hickman because he wrote only 4 issues.

If a writer can write a character well, he/she would have create a situation for a mutant to use his powers.

That was what happened in Chris Claremont's time and Zeb Wells time. They created situations where the New Mutants had opportunities to use different aspects of their powers.

Personally, I feel that during Hickman's era, C grade writers have been assigned to write the New Mutants title as a filler.

The whole Brisson's run looks more like a filler run, the new writer Ayala doesn't look promising either.
    You mention that Hickman only wrote hi for like 4 issues. Claremont and Wells werent having characters using every aspect of their powers in ever issue. Its best Hickman use Doug in a way thats organic rather than orchestrating situations for him to use other aspects of his powers. He was in space during NM and faced aliens in the Nightcrawler issue and TO in the Storm. I dont see why or how understanding animal language would even turn up there. That would feel forced. We did see him understanding the Sidri in the NC issue so I feel Hickman has utilized him in a way that makes sense

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You mention that Hickman only wrote hi for like 4 issues. Claremont and Wells werent having characters using every aspect of their powers in ever issue. Its best Hickman use Doug in a way thats organic rather than orchestrating situations for him to use other aspects of his powers. He was in space during NM and faced aliens in the Nightcrawler issue and TO in the Storm. I dont see why or how understanding animal language would even turn up there. That would feel forced. We did see him understanding the Sidri in the NC issue so I feel Hickman has utilized him in a way that makes sense

I forgot about the Giant Size issues, that made it six issues. The space issues were all about Sunspot and Cannonball, so I can understand.

However, in Giant Size Storm, there was a situation where Doug could use his powers to open a simple door alarm system but he was written like he couldn't do that.

Doug has been seen cracking much more complicated computer entry systems before in Chris and Zeb's run.

Mighty Member

I didn't mention about every issue but only in some issues where situations can be created eg.

Chris used Doug's power in the poker game and Zeb used Doug's powers to learn magic spell, understand body language, talk to machines, crack computer systems etc.

Mighty Member

We have a New Mutant in X of Swords Creation 1

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    We have a New Mutant in X of Swords Creation 1
    2 and neither is Illyana

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    2 and neither is Illyana
    Whaaat??????
    GrindrStone(D)

This may be a controversial opinion but...I think Magma needs to die in Otherworld.
    Lets just go ahead and clean up that problematic mess, while also giving her an interesting and more prominent role going forward

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    This may be a controversial opinion but...I think Magma needs to die in Otherworld.
    Lets just go ahead and clean up that problematic mess, while also giving her an interesting and more prominent role going forward
    I wonder if Magma could possibly serve as a backup for whatever Apocalypse is grooming Rictor for. They have similar geokinetic powersets, albeit focused in different directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I wonder if Magma could possibly serve as a backup for whatever Apocalypse is grooming Rictor for. They have similar geokinetic powersets, albeit focused in different directions.
    I feel like Rictor already fufilled that when he slaughtered the Externals to build that gate

Mighty Member

From the way things are going, I believe

X-Factor # 4 - Magik
    X-Force #13 - Wolverine
    Marauders #13 - Storm
    New Mutants #13 - Cypher

I wonder who will get the blade in Hellions #5

Mighty Member

I found a fantastic cover of Doug.

My two favorite New Mutant blondes!

Very, very nice!