View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav New Mutants?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dani Moonstar

163 61.28%
  • Sunspot

124 46.62%
  • Magik

181 68.05%
    85 31.95%
  • Cannonball

99 37.22%
  • Wolfsbane

83 31.20%
  • Cypher

74 27.82%
  • Warlock

54 20.30%
  • Magma

59 22.18%
  • Boom-Boom

61 22.93%
  • Rictor

73 27.44%
  • Blink

41 15.41%
  • Strong Guy

18 6.77%
  • Rusty

16 6.02%
  • Skids

29 10.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 45 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Kitty had close relationships with both New Mutants and X-Men.
    I respectfully disagree. There was a considerable level of animosity harbored between Kitty and the NM. She felt they were beneath her and she didn't belong with them.
    Kitty would regularly talk down to them, nicknaming them the X-babies with the exception of Doug and Illyana.
    One could argue she felt Doug and Yana weren't on the same level as the others, since their relationships were established prior to their joining the New Mutants.
    Its very "I'm an X-MAN! I don't belong with the X-babies. But, like, Doug and Yana are cool. They don't count."

Kitty was meant to be with a member of New Mutants considering her age but I don't know why Chris Claremont changed his mind.
    Easy. Drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    To be fair, we saw both Kitty and Rahne’s experiences with thinking Douglock was the resurrected Doug in Excalibur.

Rahne later found out it was actually Warlock though.
    Oh right. I forgot about that. Thanks Will.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    loll this cracked me up its too real
    if you really wanna ride with the top dogs you have to pay your dues as their precocious kid sister for at least decade

the NM relationships with Magneto being constantly ignored annoys me to no end . considering all the **** they took for it when the x-men came back from the outback they should at least get an interesting dynamic out of the deal...but nah

it makes me so sad that Kitty and Illyana have barely talked in the past ten years, you'd think they'd be a lot more inclined to catch up seeing as they both missed important chunks of each other's lives smh . and dont get me started on her, Rachel and Kurt all being on a team together only for her to spend 80% of her panel time with Colossus, which didn't make a single ounce of organic sense!! good lord I give up

Kitty and Illyana have interacted whenever Kitty was on earth. Bendis restored their friendship and had them team up. Even Guggenheim, for all his faults, treated them like best friends: it was Illyana who accidentally talked Kitty out of marrying her brother. Under Lemire Kitty was the one who comforted Illyana when she lost someone in the field - it was all an illusion by Tran, but it was because he knew from Xian that's how close they were. Can't say the same for the other characters though.

Kitty was a member of the New Mutants, but she didnt last long bc her attitude stunk and she was quite the biyatch to them. Claremont made the better decision by not making her a permanent member bc she could have easily overshadowed them. NM did a good job of creating and giving new characters a place to shine and develop and Kitty had already had that in Uncanny. Even though she didnt stay on the team, she did still appear regularly

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    the NM relationships with Magneto being constantly ignored annoys me to no end . considering all the **** they took for it when the x-men came back from the outback they should at least get an interesting dynamic out of the deal...but nah
    Thank god for 90s X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Kitty and Illyana have interacted whenever Kitty was on earth. Bendis restored their friendship and had them team up. Even Guggenheim, for all his faults, treated them like best friends: it was Illyana who accidentally talked Kitty out of marrying her brother. Under Lemire Kitty was the one who comforted Illyana when she lost someone in the field - it was all an illusion by Tran, but it was because he knew from Xian that's how close they were. Can't say the same for the other characters though.
    Oh yeah. Kitty and Illyana have interacted plenty since both were brought back from the dead. Additionally, they interacted a bit during Schism where we saw their friendship fractured and as you mentioned Bendis fixxed that. I dont beleive they've interacted in Dawn of X and its a shame that we havent see Yana react to Kitty dying
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-21-2020 at 10:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Was Karma ever around when Kitty called them X-babies?

If I were a grown woman and Kitty called me that, I’d be pissed and mind control her to crap herself.

If I were a grown woman and Kitty called me that, I’d be pissed and mind control her to crap herself.
    Kitty mostly used that term when she was venting to Illyana. I beleive she used it a few times during her brief stint on the team, but Karma was gone by then. By the time Karma rejoined, Kitty had eased up on that
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-21-2020 at 10:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Kitty mostly used that term when she was venting to Illyana. I beleive she used it a few times during her brief stint on the team, but Karma was gone by then. By the time Karma rejoined, Kitty had eased up on that
    Good.

Karma was 19, being a single parent to her younger siblings. She was passed basic education. Worked as Xavier’s secretary. And survived being raped by pirates while coming to America.

I would have slapped the piss out of Kitty if she called me an X-baby.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Kitty was a member of the New Mutants, but she didnt last long bc her attitude stunk
    How many issues did Kitty remain as a member of New Mutants? I can remember only three issues ie. Uncanny X-Men 167 where she officially joined

and New Mutants 13

Uncanny X-Men #168 where she rejoined the X-Men after a plea.
    Last edited by ericng; 05-21-2020 at 08:17 PM.

Mighty Member

Surprisingly, Karma was in Uncanny X-Men 167 when Kitty was forced to join the New Mutants.

Are there stories that were not told between Uncanny X-Men 167 and New Mutants #8?

Mighty Member

How many issues did Kitty remain as a member of New Mutants? I can remember only three issues ie. Uncanny X-Men 167 where she officially joined

and New Mutants 13

Uncanny X-Men #168 where she rejoined the X-Men after a plea.
    Karma was rocking that bob though..Dani was looking ok.. but poor Berto.. they made his head so wopsided.. I think kitty was a bridge between the New Mutants and the X Men. I do wish she had spent more time with them. Heck Colossus and Rogue was around the same age as Karma they def should have had some scenes together.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Karma was rocking that bob though..Dani was looking ok.. but poor Berto.. they made his head so wopsided.. I think kitty was a bridge between the New Mutants and the X Men. I do wish she had spent more time with them. Heck Colossus and Rogue was around the same age as Karma they def should have had some scenes together.
    Agree but after Claremont left, not many writers wanted to write her or develop her character until Majorie Liu (another Asian writer) came along.

Karma was Chris Claremont's creation.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Only ones I really like are the original Claremont team, except Doug and Rahne. Doug just bores me. I really dislike characters that are like Rahne.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Amazing Member

Do we know when will we be able to get our hands on NM #10?

June 10 , aka 2 weeks

Surprisingly, Karma was in Uncanny X-Men 167 when Kitty was forced to join the New Mutants.

Are there stories that were not told between Uncanny X-Men 167 and New Mutants #8?
    Chronologically, New Mutants #4-7 (the storyline in which Karma disappears) happens after Uncanny 167. Xavier apologizes to the students for his actions while gestating the Brood Queen in 167.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I wonder if B- and C- list X-Men are intimately aware of the lunchroom class system, and see Kitty as a gateway to better social circle. Like Lorna has tried for years but always goes back to the X-Factor band geeks, Magik stands and walks between the NM nerds and ANAD jocks, Rachel sits on the floor BEHIND Kitty.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    One last thing about the lunchroom: Generation X are the DRAMA CLUB KIDS
    Pleeeease more Lunchroom antics

Kitty was meant to be with a member of New Mutants considering her age but I don't know why Chris Claremont changed his mind.
    nah I think it was just to show the juxtaposition between the kitty and the neophytes

To be fair, we saw both Kitty and Rahne’s experiences with thinking Douglock was the resurrected Doug in Excalibur.

Rahne later found out it was actually Warlock though.
    kitty was ready to jump on Douglock like he has the cure for cancer
    Last edited by BroHomo; 05-24-2020 at 04:04 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)