View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav New Mutants?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dani Moonstar

163 61.28%
  • Sunspot

124 46.62%
  • Magik

181 68.05%
    85 31.95%
  • Cannonball

99 37.22%
  • Wolfsbane

83 31.20%
  • Cypher

74 27.82%
  • Warlock

54 20.30%
  • Magma

59 22.18%
  • Boom-Boom

61 22.93%
  • Rictor

73 27.44%
  • Blink

41 15.41%
  • Strong Guy

18 6.77%
  • Rusty

16 6.02%
  • Skids

29 10.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 79 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post

Ed Brisson just want to mix and match New Mutants, Generation X, New X-Men all into one title instead of developing the characters of the original New Mutants.
    not gonna lie I like this idea. I love the OGs but I love the diverse plot and characterization possibilities the sextant approach provides more lol. where it gets tricky is whether or not Brisson is willing to really take advantage of it and use more than the same 7-8 characters . if there isn't some kind of mix and match I don't see the point of teasing/introducing the sextant at all

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lol this will be the worst X-book by a mile once Hickman’s arc ends.
    It's based on 1980s nostalgia, focusing on Hickman's preferred pets instead of growth since they first became a team.

That conclusion was never in doubt

can we just give the book to reis and a clone of nick spencer

With the movie really really coming out now, maybe Marvel is now very much really hoping to bank on the OG New Mutant Claremont run as the books to sell and UNLIMITED memberships to enroll...I am sure this may have been the plan. It'd be too hard maybe, or counter-productive or I dunno what but BAD for business to have the ongoing New Mutants title be entwined in any way with this whole movie thing.

I feel like this movie is going to really change everything that was and will be the New Mutants now. I'm not at all mad sad or in protest to it all.

It's so strange though, IMO, just given the trailers and studio pics and stuff, this Illyana as played by Ana Taylor-Joy is the star, the cool kid, the killer and hack/slash princess which isn't at all who Illyana is/was in Claremont's books, the simplification of conceptualizing a character for celluloid consumption is 'white magic' - this 'scary monster kills monster' post-puffy slayer-killer is so easy to sell...

I am happy to see there will be life for a New Mutants ongoing and that it'll be able to more or less work independently of the film hopefully, contactually...Idie should be in this book...maybe somebody 'new' should write it too...I mean...basically, I mean, not an American white dude...maybe or something though, whatever.

Magik is different and Kafka did ask 'please never show the transformation of Gregor Samsa, do not show a bug that is never to be shown, the picture will ruin everything, it isn't that at all, please, I demand..."

But even in his lifetime, they did it anyway, on the cover, and first and foremost now and forever.

But without that Bug would I even ever have read Kafka?
    Last edited by sungila; 01-22-2020 at 12:58 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It's based on 1980s nostalgia, focusing on Hickman's preferred pets instead of growth since they first became a team.

That conclusion was never in doubt
    The original New Mutants in the 80s have already grown and graduated into X-Force and X-Men long time ago.

If this title is for the 'newer' mutants , then the original New Mutants should have their separate title instead.

I didn't buy issue #3 and #4 written by Ed Brisson after seeing the preview, the story is so... mediocre. I only stuck around to see the original New Mutants.

Hopefully, Ed is going to do more interesting stories after Hickman leaves or else this New Mutants title will be going the way of 'Fallen Angels' i.e. cancelled due to low sales.

Hopefully, Ed is going to do more interesting stories after Hickman leaves or else this New Mutants title will be going the way of 'Fallen Angels' i.e. cancelled due to low sales.
    Fallen Angels was always a six-issue mini but, sure, keep on spreading lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Fallen Angels was always a six-issue mini but, sure, keep on spreading lies.
    Was it though? I thought it ended prematurely because the writer took on another commitment?

Regardless, I agree that sales was not a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Was it though? I thought it ended prematurely because the writer took on another commitment?

only in hindsight. Thats not how it was announced and marketed

Roberto may be busy with X-Corp

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by eliasmachado View Post
    Roberto may be busy with X-Corp
    Sunspot, Cannonball, Magik are all not on the covers of New Mutants 9 and 10. Guess they might be on other teams after Hickman's run.

Ultimate Member

Sunspot, Cannonball, Magik are all not on the covers of New Mutants 9 and 10. Guess they might be on other teams after Hickman's run.
    Sunspot and Cannonball are gonna be running the Shiar Imperium. Berto might even make a little throne for Sam's wife, down near the base of the dias or something.

Who knows about Magik. She should totally be teaching at Strange Academy, 'though.

There was a “limited” placed right at the bottom of the first issue. It may not have been marketed that way, but by now the message was clear. It was a six issue series with a built in break because of a busy schedule, if it was received well enough then maybe that could’ve gone in for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Nice! Been a while since we've seen Magma in any noteworthy capacity.

Nice! Been a while since we've seen Magma in any noteworthy capacity.
    Looks like she’s fighting those beasts mentioned in Marauders that are patrolling the Krakoan Gates of Brazil.