View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav New Mutants?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dani Moonstar

163 61.28%
  • Sunspot

124 46.62%
  • Magik

181 68.05%
    85 31.95%
  • Cannonball

99 37.22%
  • Wolfsbane

83 31.20%
  • Cypher

74 27.82%
  • Warlock

54 20.30%
  • Magma

59 22.18%
  • Boom-Boom

61 22.93%
  • Rictor

73 27.44%
  • Blink

41 15.41%
  • Strong Guy

18 6.77%
  • Rusty

16 6.02%
  • Skids

29 10.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Sooooo Sunspots just not gonna be in this book from Now on?
    Pretty sure Hickman is holding him and Sam in reserve for when he wants to use em. Hopefully not too long until we our beloved Berto again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

So why are Chamber and Mondo still hanging around??
    Lets get Synch out of the Vault and have a full Gen X reunion. If Mondo & Jono aren't going to be doing anything in Brisson's New Mutants then I don't see the point in them hanging around. I'm skeptical that Dani or Xi'an will even get character development given Brisson favors Armor, Glob & Boom-Boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I think Dani is really in need of a costume update and Karma's look should definitely take a page from Dustin Weaver unused pink redesign for AXM.
    I'd also like if Rahne got a recolor closer to the brown and orange look designed by Leonard Kirk during his X-factor run.
    It would be so awesome if their looks still kept some visual consistency but they were all able to add personal elements and distinct colors. Black and yellow should be used mostly for younger trainees, not experienced X-men.
    100% agree. I'd love Dani's costume to be teal or a deep purple. Or more orangey and earthy tones like her AoX counterpart. I'd love to see some concept art for how people would tackle distinctive uniforms for Xi'an and Rahne. I'm of the belief Illyana needs a new uniform too. I strongly dislike her current design and I don't think it speaks to her character. At least in Extraordinary X-Men she had pants

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Interview with Brisson at SyFy https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/ed-bri...lities-unknown

Some details about the upcoming arc and two preview pages. Doesn't sound great.

Illyana sounds like a robot

Illyana's "wtf-ever, I'm handling this" I can see, but the actual dialogue is weirdly stilted and formal. And yeah, sounds like we're revisiting the fill-in storyline, despite Brisson having more freedom. Oh dear.

The story ideas in the interview sound all right, at least. I do like that writers are delving into the world politics of nation building. But it's all about execution.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 03-04-2020 at 04:12 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The interview was interesting but I wish Hickman would have chosen another writer other than Brisson with his obsession with Armor, Glob and French kids.

So they are introducing a new mutant who has essentially the same old power as Dani which is to create nightmares? Dani has essentially morphed that old power into a psychic arrow.

I guess people were wrong in guessing it would be Legion.

No mention about who the team members are in this new arc and the covers might not be true.
    Last edited by ericng; 03-05-2020 at 05:48 AM.

ugh we need more Dudes in NM
    GrindrStone(D)

Shola Inkose, Jesse Bedlam, Marius St. Croix, please

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Shola Inkose, Jesse Bedlam, Marius St. Croix, please
    yaaaaas!!!!
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

I agree. How many male do we have now that Cannonball and Sunspot have left?

Male:
    Cypher
    Chamber
    Mondo

Female:
    Magik
    Dani
    Magma
    Boom-Boom
    (I am not counting Armor bcos she's not really considered New Mutant)

Only three male versus six females?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Illyana sounds like a robot
    Think of it in a Russian accent. It works better.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I agree. How many male do we have now that Cannonball and Sunspot have left?

Male:
    Cypher
    Chamber
    Mondo

Female:
    Magik
    Dani
    Magma
    Boom-Boom
    (I am not counting Armor bcos she's not really considered New Mutant)

Only three male versus six females?
    This is an exception, a badly needed one.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    This is an exception, a badly needed one.
    Not among the XTeams
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Illyana's "wtf-ever, I'm handling this" I can see, but the actual dialogue is weirdly stilted and formal. And yeah, sounds like we're revisiting the fill-in storyline, despite Brisson having more freedom. Oh dear.

The story ideas in the interview sound all right, at least. I do like that writers are delving into the world politics of nation building. But it's all about execution.
    This. I really don't love the dialogue for Illyana here. Characterisation fits but the dialogue just doesn't flow in the way that it should. Art is a big stepdown from Rod Reis too. I hope hes drawing more X-Books after GSXM Fantomex.

It sounds as if Brisson knows and loves the New Mutants, but I really don't love what he's doing with them so far. I can only hope that Illyana, Dani, Jono and the others are spotlighted across other titles.

I don't love that #9 is bringing in another OC mutant. I get that creators like making their mark and bringing in new players, but the X-Line has been set up so any and every preexisting mutant is up for grabs. Why create more? Hell, they don't even need to be mutants to enter the story if that's the concern. Trauma or Nightmare could have worked here and fulfilled a similar role.

Do we though? The list provided by ericng is missing Glob & Maxime, who I'm sure will resurface given Brisson is writing. And while New Mutants may be female dominated, it's certainly not the case with most team books. It shouldn't matter all that much that the cast is mostly female anyways, provided the story is strong (which it isn't under Brisson imo).

The NM has always been female heavy. It doesnt need more men. If anything, it just needs to do more with the ones it has

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post

Do we though? The list provided by ericng is missing Glob & Maxime, who I'm sure will resurface given Brisson is writing. And while New Mutants may be female dominated, it's certainly not the case with most team books. It shouldn't matter all that much that the cast is mostly female anyways, provided the story is strong (which it isn't under Brisson imo).
    I wouldn't call them as members of the main team, they were like guest stars. I believe there are many guest stars or charges under the main team.

How old is Maxime? 11 years old? So how can he be considered to be at the same rank as the main team members?