View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav New Mutants?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dani Moonstar

163 61.28%
  • Sunspot

124 46.62%
  • Magik

181 68.05%
    85 31.95%
  • Cannonball

99 37.22%
  • Wolfsbane

83 31.20%
  • Cypher

74 27.82%
  • Warlock

54 20.30%
  • Magma

59 22.18%
  • Boom-Boom

61 22.93%
  • Rictor

73 27.44%
  • Blink

41 15.41%
  • Strong Guy

18 6.77%
  • Rusty

16 6.02%
  • Skids

29 10.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 69 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1171

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I just found out that Vita Ayala is also writing that copycat 'Children of the Atom' series.

The quality is going to drop if one writer writes too many titles at the same time.

So I don't expect his New Mutants run to be more interesting than Brisson's run after he takes over.

I would prefer more seasoned writer like Zeb Wells who is doing a great job in Hellions and the previous New Mutants series under him.

I hope this is not under 'filler writer' like Brisson.
    I mean Percy and Duggan are both writing two DoX titles and they’ve been doing fine for the most part.

Warpath original power was just superstrength and endurance, the same power as his brother.

All these additional powers of flight and heightened senses were just added by later writers to make him more powerful.
    Eh? Both John's and James' original powers included heightened senses. Thunderbird had them as far back as Giant Sized and Warpath has had them since his introduction, in fact that is his main power, which is why when X-Force confronted Mimic he instinctively copied them and was completely overwhelmed by them. Both John and James were stronger than regular humans, but they never had superstrenght to the level of characters like Colossus or the Thing, that was actually something that came later for James when he joined the first incarnation of X-Force, because Rob wanted Warpath to be the Brick of the team. This was around the time that Warpath when from a 6'2" guy to the behemoth he became in the 90s (he basically grew a whole foot between issues, I am not kidding). Part of the reason that John was chosen to be the first casualty of the X-Men was that he was seen as redundant with Wolverine and Colossus in the same team, and John was used as a tracker in those issues as well.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 10-22-2020 at 11:07 PM.

I just found out that Vita Ayala is also writing that copycat 'Children of the Atom' series.

The quality is going to drop if one writer writes too many titles at the same time.

So I don't expect his New Mutants run to be more interesting than Brisson's run after he takes over.

I would prefer more seasoned writer like Zeb Wells who is doing a great job in Hellions and the previous New Mutants series under him.

I hope this is not under 'filler writer' like Brisson.
    Vita wrote COTA months ago and it got delayed because of COVID. There's not going to be as much overlap as you might think despite them debuting around the same time.

Is COTA supposed to be a mini or a ongoing?

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Who knows. I think it was originally announced as an ongoing but may end up just being a mini like Fallen Angels was. The solicit didnt make that clear

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    I think it depends on sales volume, if sales is good, they will continue. If sales is bad, the newer mutants will be absorbed into the New Mutants title since both are written by the same writer now anyway.

I predict sales won't be good for COTA but I could be wrong. They are just a bunch of younger version of some X-Men with the same powerset.

Incredible Member

I think it depends on sales volume, if sales is good, they will continue. If sales is bad, the newer mutants will be absorbed into the New Mutants title since both are written by the same writer now anyway.

I predict sales won't be good for COTA but I could be wrong. They are just a bunch of younger version of some X-Men with the same powerset.
    They're not mutants.

Mighty Member

Does anyone remember that Cypher can actually understand animal sounds? It was in one of the X-Men book where he and Kate Pryde was analyzing the sounds of a school of dolphins swimming. I saw it many years ago but forgotten which title it was.

It seems that Cypher's ability to understand animal language, body language, structural weakness, magical language have all been ignored by Hickman.

The last three were actually introduced by Zeb Wells.

Hickman thinks he can only understand alien languages, computer language and human languages.
    Last edited by ericng; 09-20-2020 at 12:38 AM.

Ultimate Member

Does anyone remember that Cypher can actually understand animal sounds? It was in one of the X-Men book where he and Kate Pryde was analyzing the sounds of a school of dolphins swimming. I saw it many years ago but forgotten which title it was.

It seems that Cypher's ability to understand animal language, body language, structural weakness, magical language have all been ignored by Hickman.

The last three were actually introduced by Zeb Wells.

Hickman thinks he can only understand alien languages, computer language and human languages.
    Has he encountered and failed to understand animal languages by Hickman? 'Cause I'm not sure that Hickman has forgotten that, so much as it hasn't come up because Doug hasn't run into a bunch of dogs-hanging-around-crime-scenes-that-need-to-be-interrogated...

Extraordinary Member

Which of the original New Mutants have never been leaders: Rahne? Warlock? Doug? Magma?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Which of the original New Mutants have never been leaders: Rahne? Warlock? Doug? Magma?
    Rahne was a mentor of her group of New X-men (I think it was 'Paragons'?), until she started doing smoochies with one of her students and was fired. Don't think she was a field leader there though.
    Doug has surely been a field leader somewhere?? I just can't seem to remember where. Warlock and Magma aren't really leadership type...

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Rahne was a mentor of her group of New X-men (I think it was 'Paragons'?), until she started doing smoochies with one of her students and was fired. Don't think she was a field leader there though.
    Doug has surely been a field leader somewhere?? I just can't seem to remember where. Warlock and Magma aren't really leadership type...
    Well who do you think was the leader of the 'Paragons' after Rahne was fired????
    That's right...
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Well who do you think was the leader of the 'Paragons' after Rahne was fired????
    That's right...
    She was a mentor. They were a student squad, not an official team. I wouldnt exactly count that. I dont think Doug has as there havent been many oppourtunites for him. Since resurrection, he's only been on New Mutants, All New X-Factor and back to NM.
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-20-2020 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She was a mentor. They were a student squad, not an official team. I wouldnt exactly count that. I dont think Doug has as there havent been many oppourtunites for him. Since resurrection, he's only been on New Mutants, All New X-Factor and back to NM.
    Just tryna point out Rahne and Magma have pretty much on par Leadership experience
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    That's right...
    Haha, serves me right, when I was writing my post I tried my hardest to remember if Magma had been there too in some role and couldn't remember her at all. For a pretty girl Amara sure spends lots of time a wall-flower.