View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav New Mutants?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dani Moonstar

    163 61.28%
  • Sunspot

    124 46.62%
  • Magik

    181 68.05%
  • Karma

    85 31.95%
  • Cannonball

    99 37.22%
  • Wolfsbane

    83 31.20%
  • Cypher

    74 27.82%
  • Warlock

    54 20.30%
  • Magma

    59 22.18%
  • Boom-Boom

    61 22.93%
  • Rictor

    73 27.44%
  • Blink

    41 15.41%
  • Strong Guy

    18 6.77%
  • Rusty

    16 6.02%
  • Skids

    29 10.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1171
  1. #1141
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Now that we know Doug didn't die , he would probably be off on his 'honeymoon' before joining back the main cast in New Mutants, I really hope so.

  2. #1142
    Astonishing Member Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    NOTO showed the way to a happy medium, add the NM yellow stripe to the lines of the Bachalo look and its still a strong look and connects her to the team ensemble appearance.
    I really don't like those generic yellow and black "X" suits. Magik shouldn't become more generic to fit the others.
    Bachalo's design isn't perfect, but at least she does have a distinct look and doesn't look like a junior X-man whenever she appears in other books.
    If anything, the others should be getting individualized costumes too.

  3. #1143
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    864

    Default

    The move shouldn't be to make Magik more New Mutant generic jumpsuit.

    It should be to give the rest of the new Mutants new outfits. I liked business suit Roberto.

    Just make the Valkyrie Dani's default look if you can't think of anything else.

    Doug's new outfit is actually fine so that doesn't really need a change.

    Sam's 1945 fighter pilot look was good on him.

    I dunno what you do with Karma, but that's four people you could change instantly for the better in terms of individuality

  4. #1144
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,328

    Default

    Magik's outfit should fit her character and abilities, and a belly shirt and short shorts does not scream 'demon sorceress' or 'sword-fighter.' It also does not seem like something she'd come up with on her own because it has no practical benefit.

    Something like her graduation costumes with their hoods and cloaks would be perfect. Also making her armor her default look would work. What she's currently wearing is an Emma costume that in no way fits her. as a character.

  5. #1145
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    864

    Default

    The moaning over Magik's outfit after nearly a decade, and it being her most popular look, by a mile is needless screeching into the void.

  6. #1146
    Astonishing Member mugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

    Something like her graduation costumes with their hoods and cloaks would be perfect. Also making her armor her default look would work. What she's currently wearing is an Emma costume that in no way fits her. as a character.
    Hood and cloak are the antithesis of practical. It may work if she was only a wizzard, but in a physical fight, it doesn't help at all.

    Anyway, we do'nt want practicality in comics. Practicality would be everyone not unvulnerable wearing the same bulletproof suit, also covering their face and their head, and having an utility belt and a dozen of pouches.
    And no cape, hood, high heels, ribbon or whatever can be grabbed or stuck somewhere or make them trip.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

  7. #1147
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Hood and cloak are the antithesis of practical. It may work if she was only a wizzard, but in a physical fight, it doesn't help at all.

    Anyway, we do'nt want practicality in comics. Practicality would be everyone not unvulnerable wearing the same bulletproof suit, also covering their face and their head, and having an utility belt and a dozen of pouches.
    And no cape, hood, high heels, ribbon or whatever can be grabbed or stuck somewhere or make them trip.
    The practicality aspect is only an issue because the theme is also absent. A character's costume should have a reason for the way it is, either for practical reasons or because it fits the character's theme, powers, or personality. Magik's costume has none of that. It doesn't have anything to do with her powers, themes, or personality. As someone who is written to not care about her appearance, doesn't want men staring at her figure and hitting on her, and who thinks in terms of what is practical, it is not something she would come up with on her own. If she was someone more like Emma, who would use her looks to get what she wants, it would make sense. But she isn't written that way. That is why the training uniform works better for her, because it reflects the fact that she doesn't care about appearances and will go with what she is given. By having her choose to dress like this they are implying things about her that are completely absent in how she is written. The way she is written, she would only choose to go wear something practical into battle if given the chance to design it herself. If they have one sentence saying that Emma or someone else designed the costume and Illyana went along with it because she doesn't care, that would actually solve the problem. They could have gone for something that fits with her character and theming, something that was practical, or something that was both, and they decided on something that was neither and therefore went for something that makes no sense in the context of the story.

  8. #1148
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    864

    Default

    I guarantee you, most characters outfits do not fit a theme or power and only occasionally their personality.

    For every Emma and iceman, you've got a billion rogues and wolverines and their outfits inform NOTHING about them thematically. They just look cool.

    The need for an outfit to gravitate around a character's 'ethos' is just some high tier nonsense. It just needs to look good.

  9. #1149
    Astonishing Member Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    The move shouldn't be to make Magik more New Mutant generic jumpsuit.

    It should be to give the rest of the new Mutants new outfits. I liked business suit Roberto.

    Just make the Valkyrie Dani's default look if you can't think of anything else.

    Doug's new outfit is actually fine so that doesn't really need a change.

    Sam's 1945 fighter pilot look was good on him.

    I dunno what you do with Karma, but that's four people you could change instantly for the better in terms of individuality
    Karma should get the unused pink costume Dustin Weavet designed for her when he was working on AXM.

  10. #1150
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    9,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    NOTO showed the way to a happy medium, add the NM yellow stripe to the lines of the Bachalo look and its still a strong look and connects her to the team ensemble appearance.


    Or go the MARKO DJURDJEVIC way and give her a magical skirt


    DEAD SOULS had a good idea, but the execution was eh...
    I must admit that I am very drawn to Illyana's head piece by Noto.
    I would be unopposed to seeing that design incorporated into her look.

  11. #1151
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Karma should get the unused pink costume Dustin Weavet designed for her when he was working on AXM.
    I'd drop the mask, but that's actually not a bad look.

  12. #1152
    Mighty Member Arachne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Karma should get the unused pink costume Dustin Weavet designed for her when he was working on AXM.
    What costume are you talking about? I don't think I've seen it.

  13. #1153
    Astonishing Member Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    What costume are you talking about? I don't think I've seen it.
    I like the version without the mask, because she's been showing her face her whole career, so hiding it now would be pointless.


  14. #1154
    Mighty Member Arachne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,310

    Default

    Nice! I agree, the mask is pointless. I'd change the colour of the headband and belt, too. I never did like pink and red together. Darker pink or green would work better.

  15. #1155
    Astonishing Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,169

    Default

    Masks are way cool. Have them be maskless on Krakoa but masked when they venture out.
    Calling Wanda a Pretender is Trumpian at best

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •