Spectacular Member

Default Question about death in Otherworld

Couple questions on deaths.

If a character dies in Otherworld, would that mean that every instance of the character dies throughout the Omni verse? Meaning did the Rockslide of every universe die when the the one from our universe died (616)?

If a character dies in Otherworld and is revived there is a risk that a different universeÂ’s version would be brought back. However for a version from another universe to be revived wouldnÂ’t that mean that the revised version would have had to died in what universe he originally came from. Meaning could our version (616) have been revived in some other universe?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    Couple questions on deaths.

If a character dies in Otherworld, would that mean that every instance of the character dies throughout the Omni verse? Meaning did the Rockslide of every universe die when the the one from our universe died (616)?

If a character dies in Otherworld and is revived there is a risk that a different universeÂ’s version would be brought back. However for a version from another universe to be revived wouldnÂ’t that mean that the revised version would have had to died in what universe he originally came from. Meaning could our version (616) have been revived in some other universe?
    No. As I took it, because they died on Otherworld and it’s the nexus of all realities, the person who dies and is resurrected comes back as an amalgamation of all those other alt people. I don’t think they all die. Those alt versions become the basis of the new version. Santos isn’t on some alt reality or replaced another

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    No. As I took it, because they died on Otherworld and it’s the nexus of all realities, the person who dies and is resurrected comes back as an amalgamation of all those other alt people. I don’t think they all die. Those alt versions become the basis of the new version. Santos isn’t on some alt reality or replaced another
    This is how I took it as well, and it makes sense if you don't think about it too much.

Why would dying in Otherworld affect a character's resurrection? Why would the memories that Xavier copied be affected?

Because magic!

Gotta roll with it.

-Pav, who feels bad for poor Rockslide...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member

I am still open to the idea that the 5 were just guessing, and that the problem was that Rockslide was not really dead. Summoner separated his psyche from his body (trapping it in Otherworld) so when they tried to resurrect him it failed to return his 'soul' to his body and instead created a shadow version of him, maybe a Maddie type copy.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I am still open to the idea that the 5 were just guessing, and that the problem was that Rockslide was not really dead. Summoner separated his psyche from his body (trapping it in Otherworld) so when they tried to resurrect him it failed to return his 'soul' to his body and instead created a shadow version of him, maybe a Maddie type copy.
    The last data page seems to suggest that they are going to try the resurrection process with Gorgon, I suppose we will have confirmation.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    They could make another copy if they weren’t dead. That’s why they have X-factor to make sure that person is dead so there are no duplicates. Same why they make Xavier bodies for Proteus to inhabit

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    They could make another copy if they weren’t dead. That’s why they have X-factor to make sure that person is dead so there are no duplicates. Same why they make Xavier bodies for Proteus to inhabit
    They can make the bodies but they do not download the memory into them. As far as we know they have not done a complete resurrection on someone who was not dead.

Also, the whole X-Factor thing is whatever, Xavier has been quite busy rezzing hundreds or thousands of mutants without investigating every single one. One thing I can say about this era, is don't get too caught up in the details; the Quiet Council lets a lot of stuff go on just because it occupies people who might otherwise cause issues, and Marvel comes up with iffy reasons for books just so they can put more on the shelves.

Spectacular Member

you do have to sorta wonder if its just magic that messed up the data memories for some reason, since you have the likes of White Sword making it sound like Gorgon and Cyber could have been revived fine by him, though granted his soldiers might not have any sense of self left, would be really interesting if we could have seen him try to do it.

also there was Jamie reviving Brian who turned out fine, but then again one could argue he might not have fully died yet at that time and was healed back instead. I wonder if Jamie might try to bring back Betsy and succeed, since that's kinda what he's already done before.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The last data page seems to suggest that they are going to try the resurrection process with Gorgon, I suppose we will have confirmation.
    I bet Gorgon comes back normal because "he only exists in one of all realities!" Which I'm totally cool with, I dig Gorgon.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.