View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav New Mutants?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dani Moonstar

163 61.28%
  • Sunspot

124 46.62%
  • Magik

181 68.05%
    85 31.95%
  • Cannonball

99 37.22%
  • Wolfsbane

83 31.20%
  • Cypher

74 27.82%
  • Warlock

54 20.30%
  • Magma

59 22.18%
  • Boom-Boom

61 22.93%
  • Rictor

73 27.44%
  • Blink

41 15.41%
  • Strong Guy

18 6.77%
  • Rusty

16 6.02%
  • Skids

29 10.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 79 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Did they ever put this one out in TPB? Or as part of a larger book?
    I doubt it....aside for the 3 issue lasting boost it did for for Karma's powers series was unnecessarily messy
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Did they ever put this one out in TPB? Or as part of a larger book?
    It's strange, the New Mutants: Dead Souls was put into TPB but not that mini. Wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    It's strange, the New Mutants: Dead Souls was put into TPB but not that mini. Wonder why.
    Dead Souls came out less than a year ago. Thats not strange as thats customary of books in modern Marvel

Mighty Member

Glob has been voted the least favorite hero by CBR. What is Brisson thinking of ? Does he want to pull the sales for New Mutants down because of his fondness for Glob?

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...rds-2019/page3

Glob has been voted the least favorite hero by CBR. What is Brisson thinking of ? Does he want to pull the sales for New Mutants down because of his fondness for Glob?

He's actually Glob Herman
    GrindrStone(D)

Poor Glob. He's only in one issue out of two and is yet hated like he, and not the X-Gate-Keepers, was the responsible for the X-kids not getting more panel time.
    X-teams should have more characters like him, who don't look human at all.
    So far the only ones are Apocalypse and Chamber if he removes his scarf.
    Even Domino (once she's healed) and Pierrot&Pierrette can pass for human albinos.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

A few people voting on a comic forum is not really any indication of the complete readership. But yes, Glob can shuffle off and I would be OK with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    A few people voting on a comic forum is not really any indication of the complete readership. But yes, Glob can shuffle off and I would be OK with it!

Agreed. A small portion of the population of fans actually contribute to a site like this. We're rabid fanbois/girls and our opinions tend to be on the extreme fringes of the average bear.

This being said, I do still love the chicken farmer Glob pictures. Too bad he didn't stay out there with the pen. :P

Well Glob can kick rocks. I'd rather see Tabby reconnect with Wiz-kid, Rusty and Skids on Earth, while the main gang hang out in space.

Ultimate Member

Her powers were expanded to include telepathy and other mental powers under Emma's guidance because she always has that potential.
    I kinda wish that she'd used more traditional mind control, to the same effect, causing Mondo to jerk upright and utter the words she 'sends' him, instead of just telepathically telling him. It would feel more true to her base concept, than just another telepath (which the X-peeps have a ton of, already).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Poor Glob. He's only in one issue out of two and is yet hated like he, and not the X-Gate-Keepers, was the responsible for the X-kids not getting more panel time.
    X-teams should have more characters like him, who don't look human at all.
    So far the only ones are Apocalypse and Chamber if he removes his scarf.
    Even Domino (once she's healed) and Pierrot&Pierrette can pass for human albinos.
    I agree with the notion that the X-franchise could use more 'mutant' looking characters, like Nightcrawler, Genesis, Bling!, Mercury, Nature Girl, etc. getting a focus.

Just not Glob, 'cause I can't stand him. (Or the much more human-looking Quentin.) Rockslide occupies the same narrative niche as Glob, and is, IMO, much less annoying. Man, so many intriguing characters introduced in Morrison's run. Ernst. Slick. Polymer. Mentat. Keratin. Negasonic. And we get Quentin and Glob, over and over. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I really don’t think he’s popular though

Mighty Member

Looking at the poll so far, Rictor is the most popular New Mutant after the first batch of core New Mutants.

Hope we will see more Rictor in future New Mutant episodes, yeah, I know he's in Excalibur but I don't feel he belongs there.

Although he became more of an X-Men main character or senior mutants as I like to call them, Legion is actually my favourite new mutants character. he is one of Claremont's most genius and most diabolical creations to date.

My favorite New Mutants are Surge, Wind Dancer, Magik, Dani Moonstar, and Sunspot. People completely forget about the second generation of New Mutants they deserved better.
    Last edited by ComeOnBunny; 01-11-2020 at 01:05 PM.