View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav New Mutants?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dani Moonstar

163 61.28%
  • Sunspot

124 46.62%
  • Magik

181 68.05%
    85 31.95%
  • Cannonball

99 37.22%
  • Wolfsbane

83 31.20%
  • Cypher

74 27.82%
  • Warlock

54 20.30%
  • Magma

59 22.18%
  • Boom-Boom

61 22.93%
  • Rictor

73 27.44%
  • Blink

41 15.41%
  • Strong Guy

18 6.77%
  • Rusty

16 6.02%
  • Skids

29 10.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    So Many questions!

Who generated this list?
    How are Karma & Cypher more popular that Rahne?
    How is Rictor on here and not Boom Boom? (secretly I do not count them among New Mutant membership, but that is another debate)
    Where are Warlock & Magma?

EDIT: NVM, it is based on this thread's poll results...I will see myself out now
    <rushes to hand you your complimentary water bottle>

omg come again soon

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    So much potential, yet so underused. Here's to hoping they make something of Magma other than the inconsistent retconned wallpaper that she's been. I'm still pretending like X-Men Gold never happened and she never showed up there. She definitely has omega level potential, sad she won't be regarded as such.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I guess it depends what your definition of "made it" is? Magik was a full time X-Man, Sunspot and Cannonball were Avengers (and Sam an X-Man), Wolfsbane was in X-Factor and "dark era" X-Force. If you mean "DOX" made it, then I'd say give it time. We know that Dani, Rahne, and Yana all appear on a future cover of X-Men, so chances are we'll see a lot of character swapping.
    'Made it' means they are the most popular 8 New Mutants voted in this forum.

Actually, Sunspot, Dani, Karma, Magma have all been part of X-Men team one way or another in the past. We should also count Wolfsbane in the recent Rosenberg run.

Somebody even suggest that a new title Uncanny X-Men should star the original New Mutants.

This is a list of all X-Men ever

Wolfsbane has been a part of:

New Mutants
    X-Factor
    Excalibur
    X-Factor Investigations
    Xavier Academy
    X-Force
    X-Men

Mighty Member

Who generated this list?
    How are Karma & Cypher more popular that Rahne?
    How is Rictor on here and not Boom Boom? (secretly I do not count them among New Mutant membership, but that is another debate)
    Where are Warlock & Magma?

EDIT: NVM, it is based on this thread's poll results...I will see myself out now
    Just because you don't like Karma and Cypher doesn't mean others don't.

Magma and Boom-Boom don't seem to be as popular as the top 8.

Rictor was introduced in X-Factor as the 'newer mutants', he joined New Mutants shortly after and became popular indirectly due to his membership in New Mutants which led to him becoming part of X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Just because you don't like Karma and Cypher doesn't mean others don't.

Magma and Boom-Boom don't seem to be as popular as the top 8.

Rictor was introduced in X-Factor as the 'newer mutants', he joined New Mutants shortly after and became popular indirectly due to his membership in New Mutants which led to him becoming part of X-Force.
    Sooooo my questions were generated before I realized the "8 most popular new mutants" list was generated in the vacuum that is CBR, and not a wider audience...which explains a lot. My error!

I never said I did not like Karma or Cypher. I like them both!

I know all about how Julio & Tabitha "joined" the New Mutants. I am going to bet that Rictor's popularity here on these boards mostly generated after Peter David's X-Factor run.

Mighty Member

Sooooo my questions were generated before I realized the "8 most popular new mutants" list was generated in the vacuum that is CBR, and not a wider audience...which explains a lot. My error!

I never said I did not like Karma or Cypher. I like them both!

I know all about how Julio & Tabitha "joined" the New Mutants. I am going to bet that Rictor's popularity here on these boards mostly generated after Peter David's X-Factor run.
    If you knew of any forum where the New Mutants voters are more than 200 people, please do tell us. However, this is the best we can get so far.

What I got from X-Factor was the story revolved mainly on Madrox and Wolfsbane instead.

Rictor was hardly popular there except when he was retconned to become gay. He had sex with Wolfsbane (correct me if I am wrong) which proves he was originally straight.
    Last edited by ericng; 01-31-2020 at 09:51 PM.

If you knew of any forum where the New Mutants voters are more than 200 people, please do tell us. However, this is the best we can get so far.

What I got from X-Factor was the story revolved mainly on Madrox and Wolfsbane instead.

Rictor was hardly popular there except when he was retconned to become gay. He had sex with Wolfsbane (correct me if I am wrong) which proves he was originally straight.
    Well gay men aren’t allergic to having sex with cis women. So there’s that.

Mighty Member

So far Hickman's run still hasn't addressed a few mysteries:

1. How did Warlock end up in Cypher's arm.

2. What are Dani's new powers, all we see is a psychic arrow but what does it do to the victims. What happened to Dani's original illusion powers.

3. What is Mondo's powers.

4. What happened to Cypher's body language powers, read architectural weakness and giving binary verbal commands to machines powers.

Hickman seems to be focusing on the comedic aspects but low on the action parts. With one more issue left, I doubt the mysteries will be addressed before Brisson takes over.

So far Hickman's run still hasn't addressed a few mysteries:

1. How did Warlock end up in Cypher's arm.

2. What are Dani's new powers, all we see is a psychic arrow but what does it do to the victims. What happened to Dani's original illusion powers.

3. What is Mondo's powers.

4. What happened to Cypher's body language powers, read architectural weakness and giving binary verbal commands to machines powers.

Hickman seems to be focusing on the comedic aspects but low on the action parts. With one more issue left, I doubt the mysteries will be addressed before Brisson takes over.
    Most of these have already been answered or aren't really a part of the current narrative buuuuuut....
    1. Warlock asked Doug if he needed a roommate.
    2. Why do you think she has new powers? I'm assuming she Still has her illusion powers but chooses the psychic arrow in combat situations.I thiiiiink the person who gets hit by one of her arrows mentally lives out their worst fear and the psychic backlash Knocks them out.
    3.As long as he has physical contact...Mondo can take on the properties of materials like Wood, Concrete, asphalt, Earth etc. Merging into the material+ able to travel through said material pretty quickly (I think)
    4. He probably still has those powers buuuut the story ain't about Doug atm

5 - How did they "rescue" Magik. Last we saw her she was overtaken by the Darkchilde and "lost" her mutant powers. Now she's a caffeine addicted space cadet.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    5 - How did they "rescue" Magik. Last we saw her she was overtaken by the Darkchilde and "lost" her mutant powers. Now she's a caffeine addicted space cadet.
    5- She died and the R5 resurrected her working from Colossus memory of his 'little snowflake'
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    5- She died and the R5 resurrected her working from Colossus memory of his 'little snowflake'
    Yeah makes you wonder huh? It's the only thing that makes me clutch on to the resurrection protocols and the weirdness likely involved with it that we haven't seen yet. I'd love to see the moments where they send in a strike team to deal with the issue and someone has to live long enough to be able to kill her.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    She didn't die. All these are just wild guesses from readers, it just wasn't addressed by the writers at all when they did the relaunch.

Hickman did address Wolfsbane's death but not the rest.

6. What happened to Guido?

7. What happened to Karma's brother Tran and the other two siblings.
    Last edited by ericng; 02-03-2020 at 10:14 AM.

6. What happened to Guido?

7. What happened to Karma's brother Tran and the other two siblings.
    6. He's working as bodyguard/muse for Lila's "2080's Galaxy Tour"
    7. Oh they'll be back...in another 9 or 10 years...which is rather soon concerning Karma's familial appearances
    GrindrStone(D)