View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav New Mutants?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dani Moonstar

163 61.28%
  • Sunspot

124 46.62%
  • Magik

181 68.05%
    85 31.95%
  • Cannonball

99 37.22%
  • Wolfsbane

83 31.20%
  • Cypher

74 27.82%
  • Warlock

54 20.30%
  • Magma

59 22.18%
  • Boom-Boom

61 22.93%
  • Rictor

73 27.44%
  • Blink

41 15.41%
  • Strong Guy

18 6.77%
  • Rusty

16 6.02%
  • Skids

29 10.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 19 of 79 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    training with the professor ?
    Prof X wasn’t in the picture. If anything it could probably be attributed to her training with SHIELD for which she was acting as a undercover operative at the time. But the only explanation given on panel was that her powers changed when she fell from Asgard. And the meta-reason was that at the time Psi characters having a weaponized visual expression of their powers was in vogue because of the popularity of Psylocke and her “focused totality of my power” psi-knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I think Dani is really in need of a costume update and Karma's look should definitely take a page from Dustin Weaver unused pink redesign for AXM.
    I'd also like if Rahne got a recolor closer to the brown and orange look designed by Leonard Kirk during his X-factor run.
    It would be so awesome if their looks still kept some visual consistency but they were all able to add personal elements and distinct colors. Black and yellow shoulde be used mostly for younger trainees, not experienced X-men.
    I actually think the 2 costumes you mention work well together. They both have the signature V torso stripe that is classically “New Mutants” visually. That could be a starting point for the individualized team look.
    I do wish they’d find a way to acknowledge Shan’s pink Burning Man “coming out“ hair. Maybe pink undercut with the long part still being black...

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Prof X wasn’t in the picture. If anything it could probably be attributed to her training with SHIELD for which she was acting as a undercover operative at the time. But the only explanation given on panel was that her powers changed when she fell from Asgard. And the meta-reason was that at the time Psi characters having a weaponized visual expression of their powers was in vogue because of the popularity of Psylocke and her “focused totality of my power” psi-knife.
    well her powers grew from making a person see their worst nightmare.... to actually manifesting that nightmare when she learned she could have a physical form of her powers so she chose a spear.... not that big of stretch to see how it grew from having that one physical totem to a powerset with more long distance capability
    GrindrStone(D)

***deleted post**** misread what I was responding to...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 03-23-2020 at 07:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The question was about Karma and Magma, meaning Amara, not Karma and Magik.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Speaking of Skids, does anyone want Rusty Collins back as well? But then Rusty's powers is similar to Magma so he's kind of redundant.
    If written correctly Rusty and Magma are not very alike at all. It’s akin to comparing Iceman to Storm. Both can effect temperature and cause fires/ice but the for the former that’s the basis of their power and for the latters it’s on of the side effects of their powers.
    Rusty is pyrokinetic: he can start and control flames.
    Magma controls tectonic plates and molten earth...which burns. And has a 2nd form where her body is either composed of or covered by a nimbus of lava.

That being said, I’m surprised that some for of Rusty/Firefist has not resurfaced given the characters prominence in Deadpool II, racebent or not.

He’s got plenty of pathos to work with in his origin, his relationship with Skids (which dwarfs the similar story they later did with Gambit and Rogue despite it going on for YEARS), and his history of being brainwashed. Lots to work with for a writer...

And I still say his Jon Bogdanove designer costume is styling AF!
    Last edited by Thirteen; 03-23-2020 at 06:59 AM.

I have never in my life seen pleated khakis look so badass and I might never again

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Lord have mercy that outfit's bad. Also we have too many blonde X-Men. Stay dead, Rusty.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Lord have mercy that outfit's bad. Also we have too many blonde X-Men. Stay dead, Rusty.
    Rusty was a ginger and we dont have many of those

***deleted post****
    Last edited by Thirteen; 03-23-2020 at 07:41 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Almost everybody have been resurrected in Krakoa.

I think sooner or later, Rusty will be resurrected too.
    Last edited by ericng; 03-23-2020 at 07:08 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rusty was a ginger and we dont have many of those
    In his first appearance in X-Factor #1, he looks more like a red-head.

We don't have many red-head male X-Men , do we?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I think the morphing of her power was off-panel and wasn't addressed at all.

The X-Force writer must have copied Psylocke's idea of a psi-knife and made it into a psi-arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    In his first appearance in X-Factor #1, he looks more like a red-head.

We don't have many red-head male X-Men , do we?
    Nope. Banshee is the most prominent one. Then there's Jay Guthrie

Mighty Member

I would prefer Skid rejoining the New Mutants instead of Mondo which doesn't seem to be doing much and is quite boring.

Can Skid's force-field be offensive in a fight as well as protective?