View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav New Mutants?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dani Moonstar

    84 64.12%
  • Sunspot

    64 48.85%
  • Magik

    94 71.76%
  • Karma

    44 33.59%
  • Cannonball

    47 35.88%
  • Wolfsbane

    35 26.72%
  • Cypher

    36 27.48%
  • Warlock

    29 22.14%
  • Magma

    30 22.90%
  • Boom-Boom

    30 22.90%
  • Rictor

    38 29.01%
  • Blink

    16 12.21%
  • Strong Guy

    6 4.58%
  • Rusty

    5 3.82%
  • Skids

    14 10.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 167
  1. #16
    Fantastic Member Alphaxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, Rusty and Skids were the baby versions of Scott and Jean in X-Factor, and never meshed with the core NM/X-Forcers in the grand scheme of things. I never really liked either of them. Boring powers and characterizations. But I never really liked most of Simonson's work(other than her X-Terminators mini, where Taki was a boss during Inferno).
    I understand why, but Taki really should have been added to the team. He represented so much: Japanese male who had the total opposite personality from Sunfire, was one of the rare handicap-able heroes and had a versatile power that I could have seen Cable dying to manipulate, I mean use. But there was no way Liefeld could handle that kind of creativity.
    As for Rusty I liked him well enough as a kid. In fact I kinda had a crush on him. But he really didn't fit in with the NM. What I really hated was how the NM and X-Factor forgot about them after they were captured by Freedom Force. Like out of sight out of mind.

  2. #17
    The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    216

    Default

    I voted for way too many but my top three are Dani/Shan/Sam

    I love Skids and wish she were used more. Her powers were always interesting, I love force fields. I’d like to see her take on Krakoa and maybe one day learn more about her time with SHIELD
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

  3. #18
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    (other than her X-Terminators mini, where Taki was a boss during Inferno).
    Duuude YesvTaki for the Win!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I understand why, but Taki really should have been added to the team. He represented so much: Japanese male who had the total opposite personality from Sunfire, was one of the rare handicap-able heroes and had a versatile power that I could have seen Cable dying to manipulate, I mean use. But there was no way Liefeld could handle that kind of creativity.
    Yes! Yes! Lord I loooove Taki. I think he was the first Asian Dude superhero I read (not counting Sunfire in ANAD) definitely the first superhero in a wheelchair for me. But the thing that stuck with me the most was his sh!try attitude lol. Up till then Id only seen people with different levels of mobility be portrayed as paradigms of virtue appearing in after school specials to teach the main character a lesson in humility or gratitude :/ but Taki wasn't having none of that sh!t and was written like a normal kid with faults and all. His constant ripping on poor leech is Savage and still horribly funny

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    What I really hated was how the NM and X-Factor forgot about them after they were captured by Freedom Force. Like out of sight out of mind.
    Ugh I know right! Especially since they were the only ones trying to stop Freedom Force from taking the 13 mutant kids kidnapped during Inferno. In fact I never thought the Limbo Babies the NM fought in Zeb Wells run were villains but victims as their hellish upbringing was Due to the negligence of the NM and X-Factor... But moreso X-Factor

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    I voted for way too many
    apparently not enough... Poor Rusty I kinda liked him

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    I love Skids and wish she were used more.
    ugh me too! Liked her even more when i moved in 9th grade and Skid was my nickname in the beginning (ugh!) I thought her time as a morlock could be interesting to explore it must've suuuucked being an outcast even amongst them.
    EDIT:I wonder if Skids time with the Morlocks overlapped with Feral and Thorns? And Why were they and The latter additions to the NM (Rusty...Rictor...Taki...etc) not headhunted by Xavier or Emma??
    Last edited by BroHomo; 01-03-2020 at 10:46 PM.
    GrindrStone(D)

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,154

    Default

    Taki aka Wiz Kid aka Mitsubishi aka Ferrari Matsuya really should be included in this poll.
    GrindrStone(D)

  5. #20
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    ---
    Why is Blink a New Mutant when she didn't appear as a member in any essential New Mutants issues in vol.1.?

    Forget about the vol.2 and vol.3 versions which nobody reads anyway.

    I would think Chamber qualify more as a New Mutant than Blink because he appeared in both Rosenberg's X-Men/New Mutants team-up and Hickman's New Mutants.
    Last edited by ericng; 01-04-2020 at 06:36 AM.

  6. #21
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Why is Blink a New Mutant when she didn't appear as a member in any essential New Mutants issues in vol.1.?

    Forget about the vol.2 and vol.3 versions which nobody reads anyway.

    I would think Chamber qualify more as a New Mutant because he appeared in both Rosenberg's X-Men/New Mutants team-up and Hickman's New Mutants.
    Uhhh if anyone shoulda been included it's *go 2 posts above this one*
    GrindrStone(D)

  7. #22
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    11,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Why is Blink a New Mutant when she didn't appear as a member in any essential New Mutants issues in vol.1.?

    Forget about the vol.2 and vol.3 versions which nobody reads anyway.

    I would think Chamber qualify more as a New Mutant because he appeared in both Rosenberg's X-Men/New Mutants team-up and Hickman's New Mutants.


  8. #23
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

    Damn bruh.... You cold blooded
    GrindrStone(D)

  9. #24
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    images
    You seem to have forgotten that most writers or readers didn't even read volume 2 and 3. If you include vol 2 and 3, the list is going to be much bigger than your initial list.

    One should include only Zeb Wells's run which includes only the original New Mutants. The rest are forgettable and non-essential fillers.

    Chamber was a Generation X original member so not including him in the poll is acceptable.
    Last edited by ericng; 01-04-2020 at 06:36 AM.

  10. #25
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    11,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    You seem to have forgotten that most writers or readers didn't even read volume 2 and 3. If you include vol 2 and 3, the list is going to be much bigger than your initial list.

    One should include only Zeb Wells's run which includes only the original New Mutants. The rest are forgettable and non-essential fillers.

    Chamber was a Generation X original member so not including him in the poll is acceptable.
    Sounds like all of this is a personal bias against later runs of New Mutants but they were pretty well received. Enough people know Blink is a member and if they don’t, well I’m always happy to educate.

  11. #26
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Dani, Sunspot, Cannonball, Karma and Magik are my faves.

  12. #27
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Do you think Roberto and Cannonball will stay in shiar space ? Seeing the previews of the next months they arent with the other members of the New Mutants. Maybe that book about Xcorp was about them after all

  13. #28
    Mysterious Telepath Spinster Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,827

    Default

    Dani, Sam, Berto, Magik, and Wolfsbane are my essentials (something the movie got right IMO!).

    I love seeing Rictor with them mostly because of his complicated relationship with Rahne and Boom Boom also bounces off with most of them, too.

    I love Karma but I actually always love her more as she’s developed away from the team. I think she’s a better supporting character for Kitty and should’ve been her Red Bishop in the Hellfire Trading Company. Her stuff with her adult siblings - Tran and Susan Hatchi - have also been a lot of fun to explore in recent years. I like seeing her drop-in and check on the NM, but can do without her on the team.

    I’ve always been lukewarm on Doug until Krakoa. Now I’m super glad to see his role on the team and see him interface with Krakoa via Mondo. This era was made for him and I’m happy for his fans.

    Magma, Skids, and Rusty interest me less than Bird Brain and Gosamyr. :|

    Love seeing Jono and Mondo and actually really want to see the other Gen Xers pop in and out as members!

  14. #29
    Incredible Member kevinism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    You seem to have forgotten that most writers or readers didn't even read volume 2 and 3. If you include vol 2 and 3, the list is going to be much bigger than your initial list.

    One should include only Zeb Wells's run which includes only the original New Mutants. The rest are forgettable and non-essential fillers.

    Chamber was a Generation X original member so not including him in the poll is acceptable.
    I read those books

  15. #30
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    11,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I love Karma but I actually always love her more as she’s developed away from the team. I think she’s a better supporting character for Kitty and should’ve been her Red Bishop in the Hellfire Trading Company. Her stuff with her adult siblings - Tran and Susan Hatchi - have also been a lot of fun to explore in recent years. I like seeing her drop-in and check on the NM, but can do without her on the team.
    Whoa wait. After Karma returns from space, we should see the Hatchi Corporation interacting more with the Hellfire Trading Company and X-Corp. It can be a way to involve Prodigy and Karma in the international politics of Krakoa. Also, yeah......Karma and Kate as good ol’ fashioned mateys. We would love to see it.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •