View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav New Mutants?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dani Moonstar

163 61.28%
  • Sunspot

124 46.62%
  • Magik

181 68.05%
    85 31.95%
  • Cannonball

99 37.22%
  • Wolfsbane

83 31.20%
  • Cypher

74 27.82%
  • Warlock

54 20.30%
  • Magma

59 22.18%
  • Boom-Boom

61 22.93%
  • Rictor

73 27.44%
  • Blink

41 15.41%
  • Strong Guy

18 6.77%
  • Rusty

16 6.02%
  • Skids

29 10.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 20 of 79 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I would prefer Skid rejoining the New Mutants instead of Mondo which doesn't seem to be doing much and is quite boring.

Can Skid's force-field be offensive in a fight as well as protective?
    Too many blondes as is and adding Skids wouldnt help. I would love to see her reunited with Boom Boom though. Maybe for a one off adventure. I dont think she can use her force field offensively.

I remember feeling like they used Skids' powers creatively enough back in the early x-factor issues but I can't remember any specific "feats" or anything. she held her own though

I don't normally go for treating characters as a package deal but if she's gonna show up I want to see Her reunion with Rusty on Krakoa - his death basically put her down her character trajectory from the lats 80s to today (which admittedly isn't much lol). They were the Simonsons' Scott and Jean analogue and I think it would be really interesting to explore how that was unintentionally deconstructed just through how much they were shuffled around the books

They're definitely too much of a footnote to the NM to warrant expecting this though so that's gonna stay a pipe dream loll. if Skids shows up in any X-Book in any capacity i'll be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I would love to see her reunited with Boom Boom.
    yes please! so many of Tabby's relationships with other x-women feel at least vaguely antagonistic, which is fine and makes enough sense but I'd like to see her with a buddy. these two would make sense especially on Krakow, just reminiscing and shooting the ****
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 03-23-2020 at 07:20 PM.

Mighty Member

Here's a cool picture that I just found. All the original New Mutants are here except Rahne.

I think it also include Boom-Boom and Skids.

Last edited by ericng; 03-23-2020 at 07:58 PM.

BANNED

Anybody here wish that Alan Davis was the new artist for New Mutants instead?

His rendition of Illyana and Doug is awesome.
    Not particularly. I'm not overly attached to his art style in current day comics. I'm still mourning the loss of Rod Reis on art duties.

I would prefer Skid rejoining the New Mutants instead of Mondo which doesn't seem to be doing much and is quite boring.
    Chamber isn't doing much either. He & Mondo seem to be on the periphery, and would do better elsewhere imo. Chamber would be good for Excalibur, or just use em both in a Generation X revival.

If we want to trade em out for other characters, then Blink, Rusty, Skids, Shatterstar or Warpath would be welcome additions to the New Mutants, but only if it didn't come at the expense of exposure and usage of the current cast. I'm still not convinced Brisson will be putting in work developing Dani, Xi'an or Rahne in any significant way. Tabby feels like the lead, and Amara already feels more important to the book and she's everybody's least favourite New Mutant. Brisson seems to have his favourites, and will shape the narrative around them. If Rosenberg were writing then I'm sure Skids would be involved as he seemed to be fond of her.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Chamber isn't doing much either. He & Mondo seem to be on the periphery, and would do better elsewhere imo. Chamber would be good for Excalibur, or just use em both in a Generation X revival.

If we want to trade em out for other characters, then Blink, Rusty, Skids, Shatterstar or Warpath would be welcome additions to the New Mutants, but only if it didn't come at the expense of exposure and usage of the current cast. I'm still not convinced Brisson will be putting in work developing Dani, Xi'an or Rahne in any significant way. Tabby feels like the lead, and Amara already feels more important to the book and she's everybody's least favourite New Mutant. Brisson seems to have his favourites, and will shape the narrative around them. If Rosenberg were writing then I'm sure Skids would be involved as he seemed to be fond of her.
    Agree. Mondo and Chamber should be in another Generation X title.

BANNED

id rather have warpath, tarot, catseye, roulette or slipstream

im surprised we've seen virtually no hellions, like, anywhere. outside the preview for hellions I can't place any...bring em on

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I remember feeling like they used Skids' powers creatively enough back in the early x-factor issues but I can't remember any specific "feats" or anything. she held her own though
    ?
    I mean she was pretty much invulnerable in a physical fight And liked the way it was slippery forcefield she could slide on lol. I woulda liked to see more of the Dynamics of Skids being a Morlock who wasn't ugly ...just wish it wasn't soooo traditionally pretty
    They're definitely too much of a footnote to the NM to warrant expecting this though so that's gonna stay a pipe dream loll. if Skids shows up in any X-Book in any capacity i'll be happy
    YES YES YES!

I don't normally go for treating characters as a package deal but if she's gonna show up I want to see Her reunion with Rusty on Krakoa - his death basically put her down her character trajectory from the lats 80s to today (which admittedly isn't much lol). They were the Simonsons' Scott and Jean analogue and I think it would be really interesting to explore how that was unintentionally deconstructed just through how much they were shuffled around the books happy
    Well it was mostly her creator doing the shuffling right

Here's a cool picture that I just found. All the original New Mutants are here except Rahne.

I think it also include Boom-Boom and Skids.

I like how Skids and Boom Boom aren't wearing the NM costumes as if (rightly) they were late to the event. Dani and Magik are like These his always late.
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    ?
    I mean she was pretty much invulnerable in a physical fight And liked the way it was slippery forcefield she could slide on lol. I woulda liked to see more of the Dynamics of Skids being a Morlock who wasn't ugly ...just wish it wasn't soooo traditionally pretty

I like how Skids and Boom Boom aren't wearing the NM costumes as if (rightly) they were late to the event. Dani and Magik are like These his always late.
    From what I see, Armor's powers is very similar to Skids.

Armor has been using her powers offensively but Skids mostly used her power defensively.

I would rather Ed Brisson use Skids instead of Armor.

Armor should be in a more junior book.
    Last edited by ericng; 03-24-2020 at 05:38 AM.

Armor has been using her powers offensively but Skids mostly used her power defensively.

Eh Armor really grew on me under Whedon. as long as they're written competently Im cool with either one
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

Can Skid's force-field be offensive in a fight as well as protective?
    I have a vague memory (from the original X-Man cartoon?) of a scene that showed Skids enclosed in her shield and because it was frictionless, she was able to slide along knocking over things in her path.

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    I have a vague memory (from the original X-Man cartoon?) of a scene that showed Skids enclosed in her shield and because it was frictionless, she was able to slide along knocking over things in her path.
    I wonder wht that would feel like against your skin
    GrindrStone(D)

Not at all. Thats like saying Dani and Karma's powers are very similar bc they are both psi-based. Skids and Armor have a form of a forcefield and thats where the similarities end.

Skids has a very small forcefield that stays close to her body that makes her virtually untouchable when active. She uses it to "skid" around for fast movement. I beleive she was able to extend it several feet away from her once but that required intense concentration and not a regular feet she is able to do

Armor has a large exoskeleton that extends beyond her body. Its almost like she's in a small mech suit thats made out of psionic energy that grants her super strength and durability. She can make it grow, large enough to fight large enemies are engulf a ton of people at once.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I wonder wht that would feel like against your skin
    Skids was Lube Man before Lube Man.

Spectacular Member

I understand Armor's placement in NM , Her connection to Kate Pryde and becoming an X-Men before even most NM gives her a huge range of experience that could rival that of any member.

I personally prefer the mix of generation but just hope for a better mix like Armor , Blink , Bling! , Boom-Boom , Chamber , Magik , Match , Mirage , Mondo , Sunspot , Surge , Trance , Warpath and Wolfsbane.

I personally feel like Cannonball , Karma and Cypher have outgrown The NM stories overall.
    Last edited by Npresh24; 03-24-2020 at 02:32 PM.