View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav New Mutants?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dani Moonstar

163 61.28%
  • Sunspot

124 46.62%
  • Magik

181 68.05%
    85 31.95%
  • Cannonball

99 37.22%
  • Wolfsbane

83 31.20%
  • Cypher

74 27.82%
  • Warlock

54 20.30%
  • Magma

59 22.18%
  • Boom-Boom

61 22.93%
  • Rictor

73 27.44%
  • Blink

41 15.41%
  • Strong Guy

18 6.77%
  • Rusty

16 6.02%
  • Skids

29 10.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 21 of 79 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    I have a vague memory (from the original X-Man cartoon?) of a scene that showed Skids enclosed in her shield and because it was frictionless, she was able to slide along knocking over things in her path.
    yes!! that was so fun

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not at all. Thats like saying Dani and Karma's powers are very similar bc they are both psi-based. Skids and Armor have a form of a forcefield and thats where the similarities end.

Skids has a very small forcefield that stays close to her body that makes her virtually untouchable when active. She uses it to "skid" around for fast movement. I beleive she was able to extend it several feet away from her once but that required intense concentration and not a regular feet she is able to do

Armor has a large exoskeleton that extends beyond her body. Its almost like she's in a small mech suit thats made out of psionic energy that grants her super strength and durability. She can make it grow, large enough to fight large enemies are engulf a ton of people at once.
    to add to this iirc skids couldn't "turn off" her force field without great difficulty...could be wrong about this though. maybe she learned to control it later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Npresh24 View Post
    I understand Armor's placement in NM , Her connection to Kate Pryde and becoming an X-Men before even most NM gives her a huge range of experience that could rival that of any member.

I personally prefer the mix of generation but just hope for a better mix like Armor , Blink , Bling! , Boom-Boom , Chamber , Magik , Match , Mirage , Mondo , Sunspot , Surge , Trance , Warpath and Wolfsbane.

I personally feel like Cannonball , Karma and Cypher have outgrown The NM stories overall.
    I'm fine with Armor being on the team, I like her and its nice to see a young character getting push. she just wouldn't be my first choice, I agree there's lots more interesting characters to explore. I hope Brisson takes advantage of his enormous potential cast because there are some fascinating teams waiting to happen.

if it weren't for NM stories Cypher and Karma would probably never get used. same for even Dani and Rahne to an extent. I hope this run gives them some good moments
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 03-24-2020 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    If it weren't for NM stories Cypher and Karma would probably never get used. same for even Dani and Rahne to an extent. I hope this run gives them some good moments
    Maybe Karma but Cypher has been given an important role beyond the NM such that he would be used even if this book wasnt a thing. He's kind of core to Krakoa working

cypher's lucky Hickman likes him (and in turn, Im lucky). if this run boosts his profile he might become more in demand between writers

Quote Originally Posted by Npresh24 View Post
    I understand Armor's placement in NM , Her connection to Kate Pryde and becoming an X-Men before even most NM gives her a huge range of experience that could rival that of any member.

I personally prefer the mix of generation but just hope for a better mix like Armor , Blink , Bling! , Boom-Boom , Chamber , Magik , Match , Mirage , Mondo , Sunspot , Surge , Trance , Warpath and Wolfsbane.

I personally feel like Cannonball , Karma and Cypher have outgrown The NM stories overall.
    Uh? You feel that Cannonball, Karma and Cypher have outgrown the NM, but you want Warpath to go back to them? Warpath is one of my favorite characters, but if there is one character that has outgrown the younger teams, its him. He has been a proper X-Men member for years.

Mighty Member

Not at all. Thats like saying Dani and Karma's powers are very similar bc they are both psi-based. Skids and Armor have a form of a forcefield and thats where the similarities end.

Skids has a very small forcefield that stays close to her body that makes her virtually untouchable when active. She uses it to "skid" around for fast movement. I beleive she was able to extend it several feet away from her once but that required intense concentration and not a regular feet she is able to do

Armor has a large exoskeleton that extends beyond her body. Its almost like she's in a small mech suit thats made out of psionic energy that grants her super strength and durability. She can make it grow, large enough to fight large enemies are engulf a ton of people at once.
    No, Skids doesn't have small forcefield but can extend it large enough to protect others.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    cypher's lucky Hickman likes him (and in turn, Im lucky). if this run boosts his profile he might become more in demand between writers
    Cypher guest-starred in recent issues of Daredevil.

Zeb Wells wrote Cypher much better than Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    I have a vague memory (from the original X-Man cartoon?) of a scene that showed Skids enclosed in her shield and because it was frictionless, she was able to slide along knocking over things in her path.
    Wow. Even I forgot about the X-Terminators episode!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    We need to see more of the latter New Mutants and associates. (Skids, Rusty, Chance, Ariel, etc....)

Giant Size Nightcrawler spoiler

spoilers:
    Confirmation that Warlock is alive and is still his old self. He and Cypher are keeping it secret for some reason.
    Illyana is now the only one to know.
    end of spoilers
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Giant Size Nightcrawler spoiler

spoilers:
    Confirmation that Warlock is alive and is still his old self. He and Cypher are keeping it secret for some reason.
    Illyana is now the only one to know.
    end of spoilers
    Huh? Why reveal this secret in Giant Size X-Men instead of the New Mutants?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    cuz Hickman yeet'd New Mutants and it's Brisson's now.
    "Cable was right!"

Cypher guest-starred in recent issues of Daredevil.

Zeb Wells wrote Cypher much better than Hickman.
    huh thanks for the info, gonna have to check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    no way, how did I miss this as a kid!

The book really should have been called Giant Size X-men: Cypher as he felt more central to the book than Nigthcrawler did. Doug cant sell a solo though which is probably why they billed it with a more popular character

Absolutely agree. Heck, Nightcrawler really didn't need to be in the issue at all really. Eye Boy was more important than he was in this.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Mighty Member

The book really should have been called Giant Size X-men: Cypher as he felt more central to the book than Nigthcrawler did. Doug cant sell a solo though which is probably why they billed it with a more popular character
    Sort of agree but it should have been called Giant Size New Mutants instead.

Cypher was central to the book, without him there would be no conclusion.

Cypher, Magik, Warlock are more central to this issue than Nightcrawler. Eye-boy didn't do much and was a bit redundant.