View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav New Mutants?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dani Moonstar

163 61.28%
  • Sunspot

124 46.62%
  • Magik

181 68.05%
    85 31.95%
  • Cannonball

99 37.22%
  • Wolfsbane

83 31.20%
  • Cypher

74 27.82%
  • Warlock

54 20.30%
  • Magma

59 22.18%
  • Boom-Boom

61 22.93%
  • Rictor

73 27.44%
  • Blink

41 15.41%
  • Strong Guy

18 6.77%
  • Rusty

16 6.02%
  • Skids

29 10.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 28 of 79 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    Last edited by danielsan52; 04-10-2020 at 04:59 AM.

Mighty Member

Let's hope that Ed Brisson is going to give the New Mutants new costumes and character development though I really doubt it.

The way I see it is going the same way as Rosenberg X-Men-New Mutants run i.e. a lot of senseless plots.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Let's hope that Ed Brisson is going to give the New Mutants new costumes and character development though I really doubt it.

The way I see it is going the same way as Rosenberg X-Men-New Mutants run i.e. a lot of senseless plots.
    Haha, you think actual character development is possible. Like writers don't default a character to either 'How I remember them growing up' or 'how they should be based on some article I read'

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Haha, you think actual character development is possible. Like writers don't default a character to either 'How I remember them growing up' or 'how they should be based on some article I read'
    Frankly, I think that Zeb Wells should be the writer for New Mutants after Hickman left. Ed Brisson should be writing 'Hellions' instead.

Zeb Wells did a better job on New Mutants in the past than Brisson .

Frankly, I think that Zeb Wells should be the writer for New Mutants after Hickman left. Ed Brisson should be writing 'Hellions' instead.

I couldn’t agree more. His fall and rise of the new mutants was amazing.

Wells is just fine on Hellions. In one issue, he managed to turn out the best #1 of the DoX titles and it would be a shame if he werent on the book. The cast of characters and concept looks like a mess on paper but he made it work. I dont think it would be nearly half as good if Brisson was writing it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Wells should ideally be writing both New Mutants and Hellions, if scheduling allows.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I know a lot of the graduation costumes were questionable at best, but I got to be honest, I kinda liked Karma's. Her's, Magma, and Magik, weren't that bad.

Lovely fanart!
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 04-12-2020 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Wells should ideally be writing both New Mutants and Hellions, if scheduling allows.
    One book. Alternate between the teams like Brubakers run on X-Men when he alternated between Vulcans rise to power in the Shi’Ar empire and the group of X-Men in space looking for him. Or that period when Fabian Nicieza wrote Thunderbolts bi-weekly and had 2 separate groups of Tbolts that eventually collided.
    Creative plot/story structure makes all possible and can be very entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    One book. Alternate between the teams like Brubakers run on X-Men when he alternated between Vulcans rise to power in the Shi’Ar empire and the group of X-Men in space looking for him. Or that period when Fabian Nicieza wrote Thunderbolts bi-weekly and had 2 separate groups of Tbolts that eventually collided.
    Creative plot/story structure makes all possible and can be very entertaining.
    Makes little sense to make them one book when they have distinctly different casts and plots and there is no overlap.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wells is just fine on Hellions. In one issue, he managed to turn out the best #1 of the DoX titles and it would be a shame if he werent on the book. The cast of characters and concept looks like a mess on paper but he made it work. I dont think it would be nearly half as good if Brisson was writing it.
    Which book do you think Brisson should write then? He's doing a bad job in New Mutants with bland plotline and zero character development.

Hellions isn't even as strong a brand as New Mutants which has been around for decades. Hellions won't last long just like Fallen Angels with that non-hero cast.

Which book do you think Brisson should write then? He's doing a bad job in New Mutants with bland plotline and zero character development.

Hellions isn't even as strong a brand as New Mutants which has been around for decades. Hellions won't last long just like Fallen Angels with that non-hero cast.
    How about none? Its not like Brisson has been some superstar writer for the X-books that he needs to be kept around. Your post highlights why he shouldnt be

Why do you feel the need to compare the two books? Most dont expects Hellions to be around indefinitely. They probably have a stopping point for it and thats fine.

fan response to Hellions is already miles better Fallen Angels. Thats Thanks to Wells writing, because like you said it isn't the most traditionally marketable cast. I don't see it flopping.

Brisson is doing fine where he is imo, he hasn't put out anything as good as Hickman's arc but I wouldn't call any of his issues bad

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post

Brisson is doing fine where he is imo, he hasn't put out anything as good as Hickman's arc but I wouldn't call any of his issues bad
    In that case, we will let the sales figures speak for themselves. What are the sales ranking for Brisson's New Mutants,are they out yet?