View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav New Mutants?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dani Moonstar

163 61.28%
  • Sunspot

124 46.62%
  • Magik

181 68.05%
    85 31.95%
  • Cannonball

99 37.22%
  • Wolfsbane

83 31.20%
  • Cypher

74 27.82%
  • Warlock

54 20.30%
  • Magma

59 22.18%
  • Boom-Boom

61 22.93%
  • Rictor

73 27.44%
  • Blink

41 15.41%
  • Strong Guy

18 6.77%
  • Rusty

16 6.02%
  • Skids

29 10.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Whoa wait. After Karma returns from space, we should see the Hatchi Corporation interacting more with the Hellfire Trading Company and X-Corp. It can be a way to involve Prodigy and Karma in the international politics of Krakoa. Also, yeah......Karma and Kate as good ol’ fashioned mateys. We would love to see it.
    Yesssss, but also...how will that be affected when Susan is resurrected by the Five? I'd love to see Shan keep her in check with David in her corner.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Do you think Roberto and Cannonball will stay in shiar space ? Seeing the previews of the next months they arent with the other members of the New Mutants. Maybe that book about Xcorp was about them after all
    Who knows? There's still a lack of explanation of that picture of Sunspot being treated like a King by the Shiaar? It was months ago it came out, or was that really good fan art?

Whoa wait. After Karma returns from space, we should see the Hatchi Corporation interacting more with the Hellfire Trading Company and X-Corp. It can be a way to involve Prodigy and Karma in the international politics of Krakoa. Also, yeah......Karma and Kate as good ol’ fashioned mateys. We would love to see it.
    I like this!

Anyone think Poltergeist and Link were intended to become NM? Any others?

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Why is Blink a New Mutant when she didn't appear as a member in any essential New Mutants issues in vol.1.?

Forget about the vol.2 and vol.3 versions which nobody reads anyway.

I would think Chamber qualify more as a New Mutant than Blink because he appeared in both Rosenberg's X-Men/New Mutants team-up and Hickman's New Mutants.
    Just bc you didnt read it, doesnt mean others didnt. Chamber and Blink are both now NMs but Blink shouldnt be discounted bc you didnt like her book. Also Chamber only became one in Hickman's book. He interacted with the NM girls in the capacity of all being X-men, not New Mutants during Rosenberg's run

I will say that if Blink is included than Nate Grey should be as they joined around the same tie and his omission stands out

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Just bc you didnt read it, doesnt mean others didnt. Chamber and Blink are both now NMs but Blink shouldnt be discounted bc you didnt like her book. Also Chamber only became one in Hickman's book. He interacted with the NM girls in the capacity of all being X-men, not New Mutants during Rosenberg's run

I will say that if Blink is included than Nate Grey should be as they joined around the same tie and his omission stands out
    Sounds like he was just asking a question to me.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Sounds like he was just asking a question to me.
    He didntt just ask a question as he went on to discredit her because he didnt read or disliked the run which involved her and ascertained that its the case for most others as well. Whether one liked NM v3 or not is an opinion but Tycon isnt incorrect for including her in the fairly comprehensive opening post

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He didntt just ask a question as he went on to discredit her because he didnt read or disliked the run which involved her and ascertained that its the case for most others as well. Whether one liked NM v3 or not is an opinion but Tycon isnt incorrect for including her in the fairly comprehensive opening post
    'Comprehensive'?

As I have said, if you really want to include all the members of NM v2 and NM v3 , then why is it that X-Man was not included in the list?

Why is it that the whole gang of Elixir, Prodigy and dozen more in NM v2 not included?

Why are the New Mutants in v4 such as Chamber, Mondo not included? Should we also include Armor, Glob, Maxime and Manon who appeared in v4?
    Last edited by ericng; 01-04-2020 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    'Comprehensive'?

As I have said, if you really want to include all the members of NM v2 and NM v3 , then why is it that X-Man was not included in the list?

Why is it that the whole gang of Elixir, Prodigy and dozen more in NM v2 not included?

Why are the New Mutants in v4 such as Chamber, Mondo not included? Should we also include Armor, Glob, Maxime and Manon who appeared in v4?
    Well, simple. I forgot X-Man.

Elixir, Prodigy, Surge, Wind Dancer, Icarus, Wither, and Wallflower were all on a squadron also named New Mutants. Since it later evolved into the New X-Men like all other Academy X squads, it makes sense not to include them. Again, not even remotely similar to Blink's case.

Chamber and Mondo are still clearly being treated as members of a different generation. Armor and her squad aren't called the New Mutants, they're just operating under an out-of-universe title. Once again, not Blink or X-Man's case.

Mighty Member

There are still a few mysteries that Hickman hasn't told us yet.

1. What happened to Cypher's arm?
    2. What happened to Cypher's ability to read body language?
    3. Why didn't Magma rejoin the team?
    4. Will Tran (Shan's brother) and Hatchi (Shan's half sister) be resurrected?

I do hope Hickman will try to resolve these issues before he leaves because I don't think Brisson will.

I dont really think those are real mysteries

1. He merged with Warlock

2. Nothing. It hasnt been stated to go away and he likely still has it. He hasnt been put in a position to use it

3. The book is already full? She appears with the New Mutants in an upcoming X-men issue

4. Only depend on if Karma is intended to play a larger role and as of now, it doesnt appear as if she will

Wasn't Tran technically still in control of Karma's body at the end of Dead Souls and Rosenberg simply ignored his own plot?

https://twitter.com/quixoticcomics/s...430653446?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Wasn't Tran technically still in control of Karma's body at the end of Dead Souls and Rosenberg simply ignored his own plot?
    According to Rosenberg’s continuity, Karma is always half Shan and half Tran.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Illyana, Dani and Sam are my favorites of the classic group. but I really do love that original group as a whole. I don't mind some later additions, but if it was those 9 I would be happy.

Magma and Warlock might be my least favorites of the group, but something feels like it's missing without them in the book. Magma at least will be with them in the upcoming X-Men arc, I hope she sticks around. I also hope Hickman does as well, is this rotating thing with Brisson going to continue for a while?

If not, I wish Wells would take over instead.

watch me whip, whip
    watch me nae nae (okay!)
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fantastic Member

I wonder what Gosamyr is up nowadays?