View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav New Mutants?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dani Moonstar

163 61.28%
  • Sunspot

124 46.62%
  • Magik

181 68.05%
    85 31.95%
  • Cannonball

99 37.22%
  • Wolfsbane

83 31.20%
  • Cypher

74 27.82%
  • Warlock

54 20.30%
  • Magma

59 22.18%
  • Boom-Boom

61 22.93%
  • Rictor

73 27.44%
  • Blink

41 15.41%
  • Strong Guy

18 6.77%
  • Rusty

16 6.02%
  • Skids

29 10.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 56 of 79 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    The fact that both Xavier and Emma just found out that Doug was a mutant shows that his power just manifested for them to detect.

I doubt Doug is the same age or older than Dani who is 15 and Rahne's the youngest. It's more likely that he's also 14 which is the age that most mutant powers first developed.
    Remember, Chris Claremont used the oldest New Mutants as the co-leaders. Doug wasn't chosen as one.
    No they knew that he was a mutant they just wanted him to have a chance at a normal life because they figured his Mutant power wouldn't be very useful
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Um no. The X-gene primarily activates at puberty but there is no rule that it happens at age 14. Cannonball, Kitty, Karma and Dani all contradict this statement. Not to mention there are plenty of mutants with an active X-gene at birth (Madrox, Nightcrawler, Beast, Gambit), those with one by pre-school (Franklin Richards, Leech, Artie) and others by 10 (Jean Grey, Manon & Maxine, St. Croix twins, X-23). Your statement is absolutely false
    Sorry, I left out the 'most' word that I edited later. This was an observation from Moira (right age) in New Mutants Graphic Novel and not me.

Anyway, Doug can't be younger than Rahne who is 14 and he can't be older than Dani who is 15 so the most logical age is 14.

Dani powers manifested earlier with her grandfather. Karma's power manifested much earlier before meeting Xavier.

Emma did try to recruit Doug into her academy when he first met Kitty.

Last edited by ericng; 07-15-2020 at 11:32 AM.

Mighty Member

So if there are no more disputes

Rahne (youngest), Amara, Illyana, Kitty, Doug, Roberto - 14
    Dani - 15
    Sam - 16
    Karma - 19

The oldest three were once leaders.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    So if there are no more disputes

Rahne (youngest), Amara, Illyana, Kitty, Doug, Roberto - 14
    Dani - 15
    Sam - 16
    Karma - 19

The oldest three were once leaders.
    Lol, now how old is Lila Cheney suppose to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Lol, now how old is Lila Cheney suppose to be?
    At least 18

BANNED

At least 18
    Got the impression she was older than that. Early/mid 20's. She and Sam where closer in age than Besty/Doug.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by c-lei View Post
    Got the impression she was older than that. Early/mid 20's. She and Sam where closer in age than Besty/Doug.
    Everyone gives Colossus grief for Piotr/Kitty, but was fine for its time (both teens).

But no one bats an eye for Betsy/Doug. And she was one of the oldest Outback members.

Quote Originally Posted by c-lei View Post
    Nobody come for me, but what happened between Betsy and Doug?

Everyone gives Colossus grief for Piotr/Kitty, but was fine for its time (both teens).

But no one bats an eye for Betsy/Doug. And she was one of the oldest Outback members.
    There's nothing to be upset about. Betsy and Doug were never a couple nad it amounted to a teen having a crush on an older woman which happens all the time.. Its not like Betsy acted on it and Mary Kay Letternou'd him. They barely even interacted after their initial meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Nobody come for me, but what happened between Betsy and Doug?
    Nothing. He crushed on her. In NM Annual #2, after breaking from from her control by Spiral, Doug found a naked Betsy and embraced her when she started crying over what Mojo had done to her. There was nothing inappropriate about what Betsy had done nor did she take advantage of him. It was sweet and cute but over the years some peoople try to twist it into something nefarious
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-15-2020 at 02:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member

There's nothing to be upset about. Betsy and Doug were never a couple nad it amounted to a teen having a crush on an older woman which happens all the time.. Its not like Betsy acted on it and Mary Kay Letternou'd him. They barely even interacted after their initial meeting
    There were panels where Betsy thought about it though. And of course, Doug’s teammates were egging him on/teasing him about it.

Personally I don’t mind. I just think of it as a double standard.

There were panels where Betsy thought about it though. And of course, Doug’s teammates were egging him on/teasing him about it.

Personally I don’t mind. I just think of it as a double standard.
    There is no double standard bc she didnt do anything. Im guessing you are referring to this? She acknowledges that she cares about him and thats the extent of it. Nothing of this compares to Kitty and Piotr

This comes after she confides in him that her eyes were bionic transplants from Mojo. Only he and Warlock know this and she trusted him with that secret bc he was there when she woke up and could see. Of course she cares about him. There is nothing sexual or romantic about that on her part.

I think it also important again to reiterate that this goes nowhere. Unless I missing something this is the last time they even interact before both of their deaths in Fall of the Mutants

Extraordinary Member

There is no double standard bc she didnt do anything. Im guessing you are referring to this? She acknowledges that she cares about him and thats the extent of it. Nothing of this compares to Kitty and Piotr

This comes after she confides in him that her eyes were bionic transplants from Mojo. Only he and Warlock know this and she trusted him with that secret bc he was there when she woke up and could see. Of course she cares about him. There is nothing sexual or romantic about that on her part.

I think it also important again to reiterate that this goes nowhere. Unless I missing something this is the last time they even interact before both of their deaths in Fall of the Mutants
    I think it’s when Betsy is transformed into the Asian body. We go through her thoughts, and they include what she thinks of Doug.

I think it’s when Betsy is transformed into the Asian body. We go through her thoughts, and they include what she thinks of Doug.
    This?

If not, then please post a scan. I dont see anything wrong with this. Besides Betsy was made Asian after Doug died. Exactly how do thoughts about someone that is dead put her on the same level as Piotr in terms of him getting in a relationship with Kitty? I fail to see what there is for fans to call her out on
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-15-2020 at 03:50 PM.

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

She doubt about her feelings to Doug at least 2 times. Uncanny x men annual 10 and Uncanny x men 213 D7E97760-22C5-4BCC-9CB5-3305870050E5.jpg 72358868-CF8A-4650-ABAE-70656B9CC673.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sallyblevins View Post
    She doubt about her feelings to Doug at least 2 times. Uncanny x men annual 10 and Uncanny x men 213 D7E97760-22C5-4BCC-9CB5-3305870050E5.jpg 72358868-CF8A-4650-ABAE-70656B9CC673.jpg
    Like what Havok83 said, it's teenager crush that led to nowhere. Chris didn't tell readers about what Betsy's real age was when she was introduced in New Mutants Annual #2.

I thought she was a teenager back then, how old was she back then?

It's something like Kitty's crush on Peter, younger girl with older guy. So this is a younger boy with older girl scenario instead.

Remember that Doug and Kitty also had crush on each other when Emma probed their minds in New Mutants #15-17.

If Doug and Kitty had stayed on the same team, they would have been more suitable for each other in terms of age and hobbies.
    Last edited by ericng; 07-15-2020 at 06:00 PM.