View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav New Mutants?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dani Moonstar

163 61.28%
  • Sunspot

124 46.62%
  • Magik

181 68.05%
    85 31.95%
  • Cannonball

99 37.22%
  • Wolfsbane

83 31.20%
  • Cypher

74 27.82%
  • Warlock

54 20.30%
  • Magma

59 22.18%
  • Boom-Boom

61 22.93%
  • Rictor

73 27.44%
  • Blink

41 15.41%
  • Strong Guy

18 6.77%
  • Rusty

16 6.02%
  • Skids

29 10.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 59 of 79 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

The age discussion reminds me--have they ever revisited Karma's origin? I mean even in the Marvel Universe the Vietnam War took place in the 70s...I assume at this point she is a refugee from some unnamed war and not an actual historical conflict. Though it would be interesting if they gave her a permanent Vietnam War origin not unlike Magneto's in WWII and she, like Erik, remains permanently young thanks to comic book shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    The age discussion reminds me--have they ever revisited Karma's origin? I mean even in the Marvel Universe the Vietnam War took place in the 70s...I assume at this point she is a refugee from some unnamed war and not an actual historical conflict. Though it would be interesting if they gave her a permanent Vietnam War origin not unlike Magneto's in WWII and she, like Erik, remains permanently young thanks to comic book shenanigans.
    You could easily update her origins; there is a lot of human trafficking that goes on in Vietnam to this day. Just because the war is long over, doesn't mean she can't still be effected by western colonialism and the horrors that a echo long after the active war is over.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Didn’t X-men: the Hidden Years show that Storm was older than the O5
    They were all the same age in that book. If anything, Ororo looked a little younger than the rest of the crew.

Quote Originally Posted by sallyblevins View Post
    In that comic, she says that kitty has “half my age” I always assumed she was 28 more or less like Storm
    According to Lord Claremont, Betsy is older than Hank, who is older than Scott, Jean, and Ororo. Betsy was already a spy and a model when Hank was still in high school. It's probably only a matter of two years or so, but that was specified in X-Treme X-Men.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    According to Lord Claremont, Betsy is older than Hank, who is older than Scott, Jean, and Ororo. Betsy was already a spy and a model when Hank was still in high school. It's probably only a matter of two years or so, but that was specified in X-Treme X-Men.
    Wow. He also said Tessa and Beast were the same age. So Betsy’s older than all of them.

Ultimate Member

The age discussion reminds me--have they ever revisited Karma's origin? I mean even in the Marvel Universe the Vietnam War took place in the 70s...
    They haven't done it yet for Karma, but other Vietnam-specific origins seem to be getting shuffled around and attached to a fictional 'Sin Cong' nation having a war at some time afterwards (to be forever fuzzily defined, so it can be the formative event going forward).

Ben Grimm and Reed Richards, Tony Stark and James Rhodes, and Frank Castle, have all been retconned into being veterans of, or connected to, that war, in place of earlier ties to Vietnam, Korea and / or WW2. (Perhaps Charles and Juggernaut's location of the Crimson Gem of Cytorrak happened there as well?)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sallyblevins View Post
    In that comic, she says that kitty has “half my age” I always assumed she was 28 more or less like Storm
    I think it's just a figure of speech rather than an exact age calculation.

At age 25, I would say someone who is 14 to be about half my age too.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    How old are Hank, Scott and Ororo now?

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    How old are Hank, Scott and Ororo now?
    I doubt they are allowed to be above 30.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I doubt they are allowed to be above 30.
    Hank turned 30 in a 1993 issue.

Mighty Member

Since most of the first gen of New Mutants were 14, how old are they now?

Are they in 18 years old or older at 21 years old? I mean Kitty did have sex with Colossus a while back.

Extraordinary Member

Are they in 18 years old or older at 21 years old? I mean Kitty did have sex with Colossus a while back.
    Kitty had sex with Peter Wisdom long before she did it with Colossus.

BANNED

No. they weren't. Most of the first gen of New Mutants were 16-20ish. Berto and Rahne were the youngest at around 14-15ish as I recall. Xavier himself said most of them were older than Kitty.

And as it has already been pointed out, Kitty wasn't a virgin by the time she did it with Colossus
    Last edited by c-lei; 07-19-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by c-lei View Post
    No. they weren't. Most of the first gen of New Mutants were 16-20ish. Berto and Rahne were the youngest at around 14-15ish as I recall. Xavier himself said most of them were older than Kitty.
    We have already established that almost all were 14 a few pages back so please don't go there again.

The three oldest New Mutants were Dani at 15, Sam at 16 and Karma at 19. That's why Xavier made them leaders. None of the other New Mutants were older than Dani.

What we are trying to figure out now is what are their ages currently and not decades ago.
    Last edited by ericng; 07-19-2020 at 07:57 PM.

I thought they recently separated her and Tran but then I think she reabsorbed him.

Tran should be leading the MLF.