Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fan fiction?

Spectacular Member

Default fan fiction?

Hi,

I'm sort of a fan of detective comics, especially some of the Batman villains. I wanted to know if there was a place I could go to read and post short fan fiction works.

Archive of Our Own.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Yeah, AO3 is pretty high quality. And easily searchable.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Spectacular Member

That's interesting. I guess I'll look there. Does anyone have an idea on how to get readers? I don't really want to tell people I'm writing fan fiction, as I'm an adult, but I would also like to have feedback. Part of the fan fiction experience for me is the interpersonal contact. I kind of wish I could find people sort of doing the same thing and ask them to preview my work.
    Last edited by kcomics; 02-22-2017 at 05:47 PM.

Incredible Member

If you post fanfic you will get readers. More if you post in popular categories, fewer if they're less popular, but you will get readers. If you'd like concrit and feedback, put it in a note at the start or end of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by kcomics View Post
    That's interesting. I guess I'll look there. Does anyone have an idea on how to get readers? I don't really want to tell people I'm writing fan fiction, as I'm an adult, but I would also like to have feedback. Part of the fan fiction experience for me is the interpersonal contact. I kind of wish I could find people sort of doing the same thing and ask them to preview my work.
    (Spacebattles dot com) has a pretty active section for fanfictions in the forum area. I'd recommend sharing your work there as as well.

Also there is a section here on CBR if you would like to post your work here: http://community.comicbookresources....riter-Showcase

I'm sorry but why don't you want to tell people, I'm sorry I don't understand.
    Truth is the best policy

Spectacular Member

I'm an adult, and fan fiction writing is seen as a waste of time if it can't get published and make money; that's the world I live in. Plus, I'll admit to being a totally irrational fan girl over some of my favorite DC characters. Too bad Batman isn't one of the options for the Kindle Worlds series. I would love to write fanfics I could actually get paid for...oh well...

Mighty Member

I'm an adult, and fan fiction writing is seen as a waste of time if it can't get published and make money; that's the world I live in. Plus, I'll admit to being a totally irrational fan girl over some of my favorite DC characters. Too bad Batman isn't one of the options for the Kindle Worlds series. I would love to write fanfics I could actually get paid for...oh well...
    That sucks, but yeah Ao3 and I guess tumblr would be the place to post your fics.

Do we have like a fanfic reccomendation thread or something.

Ok I guess but fanfiction of certain prosperities is illegal, I'm an adult (31) and people tell me fanfiction is a waste of time my reply is I enjoy it so its not a waste to me. I'm also can be a totally irrational fan about some of my favorite characters not just comics but to each their own.

As for places
    Archive of their own
    tumbler
    Fanfiction.net
    Last edited by VolcanikTiger86; 03-10-2017 at 05:11 AM.
    Truth is the best policy

Fanfiction is good if you just wanna do it as a hobby or for fun. If you really wanna be published its better you focus on your own characters and their stories. Marvel and DC doesn't accept open submissions anymore and they pull from indie writers that have worked on creator owned stuff etc.

Fanfiction.net has a sister site that deals with original content so you should try there too. You should try writing both fan fiction and original stuff, develop your portfolio that way. After all both king and snyder have creator owned stuff they spend time on too.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-10-2017 at 08:30 AM.

Spectacular Member

I really wish DC and Marvel would add some of their more popular content to Kindle Worlds; on that website, you actually can get paid for your fan fiction, because the creators granted limited licenses. Too bad DC doesn't accept fan submissions...

Incredible Member

I really wish DC and Marvel would add some of their more popular content to Kindle Worlds; on that website, you actually can get paid for your fan fiction, because the creators granted limited licenses. Too bad DC doesn't accept fan submissions...
    If you're getting paid, it's not fanfic. If you need to get paid to enjoy writing stories, develop your own worlds. You can self pub them on amazon and make money.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    If you're getting paid, it's not fanfic. If you need to get paid to enjoy writing stories, develop your own worlds. You can self pub them on amazon and make money.

I thought that, too, but look at this. https://kindleworlds.amazon.com/how

Incredible Member

What about it? If DC aren't signed up for it, they're not signed up for it. And if you're getting paid, it's not fanfic. Fanfic by it's nature is by fans for other fans. Plus at least you get to keep some control of your story and where it's put up.

This is just a way for companies to expand their products with no risk on their end and no need to pay the people developing them even the peanuts that pro-writers get.