Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bito Wladon View Post
    Does anyone have any recommendations for good/important comics to read to understand the character? Or are just fun to read I suppose?
    Thor Mighty Avenger #3, Slott's Mighty Avengers run, Age of Ultron #10AI, and if I'm being honest I didn't hate Rage of Ultron (though the aftermath has been terrible).

Does anyone have any recommendations for good/important comics to read to understand the character? Or are just fun to read I suppose?
    The old TTA books are nice, if you take them as the retro stuff they are (TTA #27, TTA #35 to 70-something), early Avengers books, West Coast Avengers is a fun and nice read also and there are nice developments for Hank in there. I'd say all of Busiek's Avengers, but I specifically recommend the Ultron Unlimited story arc (#19 through 22). Contrary to some, I didn't like as much Slott's Mighty Avengers but it's still worth checking out. More recently, Age of Ultron #10 A.I. is definitely a fun read, and I really enjoyed Avengers A.I. (again, contrary to most ). Another event worth checking out, if only because it's really good is Avengers Forever. You can also check out Avengers Academy, but the stories lean more into the students and teen drama than the teachers, especially the second half.

I'd like to make a more complete reading list eventually
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

My personal favorites would be...

Avengers #59 ("The Name is... Yellowjacket!")

Avengers #60 ("... Till Death Do Us Part!")
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-05-2020 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Added more words.

Happy New Thread!

Haven't kept up with comics for the past year, come to check up on my boy Hank. what's the most recent progress on the Pymtron fiasco? I don't mind spoilers
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

He attacked Iron Man and the Wasp (who are a couple now). He made more people into human-robot hybrids, but Stark international found a way to reverse those merges with a ray. Pymtron surrendered, as long as he could stay that way and the ray was not used on him. Now he's a prisoner of the Avengers.

So same old, same old...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    He attacked Iron Man and the Wasp (who are a couple now). He made more people into human-robot hybrids, but Stark international found a way to reverse those merges with a ray. Pymtron surrendered, as long as he could stay that way and the ray was not used on him. Now he's a prisoner of the Avengers.
    Who else hated how Jan and Tony belittle Hank in order to get a rise out of Ultron? They both were talking out both sides of their mouths. Like they believed Ultron was just using Hank's face as a con but then was like trying to get to his 'humanity' between put downs. I so hate how Marvel make Tony think so little of Hank suddenly. I don't remember them having a rivalry pre-MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Who else hated how Jan and Tony belittle Hank in order to get a rise out of Ultron? They both were talking out both sides of their mouths. Like they believed Ultron was just using Hank's face as a con but then was like trying to get to his 'humanity' between put downs. I so hate how Marvel make Tony think so little of Hank suddenly. I don't remember them having a rivalry pre-MCU.
    Manipulating Ultron because he thinks he's Hank is the only weakness he has. It gets him multiple times and is the reason they beat him.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

How would people want Hank to come back from the dead? Or is there not even anything for him to come back to.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Manipulating Ultron because he thinks he's Hank is the only weakness he has. It gets him multiple times and is the reason they beat him.
    Exactly. I could understand people being upset if it was just Hank as himself and they were doing it, but he's Pymtron for pete's sake. He was trying to turn everyone into half AI half human.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I hated it at first, although I came to realize they just wanted to bait Ultron, but still... If they went at it that way, who's to say that's not what they really think of Hank? Not to mention it wasn't really clear if they thought it was Ultron or if Hank was in there somewhere, until the very end where Tony flat out said he believed Hank had been dead for some time (can't remember the exact words as I read it at a friend's and don't have the copy with me). To newer readers, or readers who don't know too much about the characters, they probably thought: "wow, this Pym guy must have been such a jerk for Tony and Janet to hate him so much".

I understand the reasoning behind it, but I still don't really like it.

I don't really remember them having such a rivalry that they would think so poorly of each other. They have been shown working well together in the past, and I'd like it to be like that moving forward, if ever Hank was to come back.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

How would people want Hank to come back from the dead? Or is there not even anything for him to come back to.
    Hank's got reason to come back. Hank has a Teenage daughter.

I would like him to come back as Giant-Man or scientific adventurer Pym.

It would be nice for Hank and Nadia to meet. Though at the same time the pessimists in me could see that not going very well.

I would like a mini series where Hank uses crazy science (like maybe the artificial heaven he created) to cheat death.
    And bring back Mettle with him.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Hank's got reason to come back. Hank has a Teenage daughter.

I would like him to come back as Giant-Man or scientific adventurer Pym.
    Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I would like a mini series where Hank uses crazy science (like maybe the artificial heaven he created) to cheat death.
    And bring back Mettle with him.
    Those are great ideas to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It would be nice for Hank and Nadia to meet. Though at the same time the pessimists in me could see that not going very well.
    If a writer is committed to handling it the right way, it would be really nice. After all, meeting Hank was her first and foremost motivation to flee the Red Room. I don't understand why no writer continued on that path and have her completely "forget" about that. We did see her wishing or dreaming about her father, but she never took any action to dig in further into his disappearance or "death". If she really is Hank's daughter and take even remotely after him, she shouldn't have let this go this easily.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff