Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bito Wladon View Post
    Hank coming back is already a really huge maybe, and even though I love Bill and want him to come back I feel like both him and Rita are dead for good. But yeah I do agree he should fight Darren for Yellowjacket.
    I would have loved a team up of 'Team Pym' with Janet, Bill, Scott, Rita, Cassie, Jocasta, perhaps even Hawkeye (who was a Goliath for all of a hot second) and Raz and Nadia, etc. all together perhaps even on a 'Quest for Pym' or whatever (in the Microverse?). But I also don't think Bill or Rita are coming back, and the time is passed.

There's a ton of interactional dynamics we haven't really seen between these various characters, who have some interesting bits in common, and yet are pretty different people.

Incredible Member

Just read the trade of War of the Realms Giant-Man. Seemed a shame to have all these guys interact without Hank being there. Enjoyed it for the most part (especially Atlas) but one thing that really bothered me was when Tom Foster was referred to as "the nephew of the original Goliath". Not even close! Hank was never even mentioned, just Pym particles.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Just read the trade of War of the Realms Giant-Man. Seemed a shame to have all these guys interact without Hank being there. Enjoyed it for the most part (especially Atlas) but one thing that really bothered me was when Tom Foster was referred to as "the nephew of the original Goliath". Not even close! Hank was never even mentioned, just Pym particles.
    That gives me even less desire to read it. None of those people would be where they are today if not for Hank... and they don't even mention him once? Shame on the writer.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I would have loved a team up of 'Team Pym' with Janet, Bill, Scott, Rita, Cassie, Jocasta, perhaps even Hawkeye (who was a Goliath for all of a hot second) and Raz and Nadia, etc. all together perhaps even on a 'Quest for Pym' or whatever (in the Microverse?). But I also don't think Bill or Rita are coming back, and the time is passed.

There's a ton of interactional dynamics we haven't really seen between these various characters, who have some interesting bits in common, and yet are pretty different people.

If I may steal and twist your idea a little

Team Pym
    Jan
    Nadia
    Scott
    Vision
    Joqasta
    Victor
    Tom Foster
    Atlas
    Stinger
    Maybe the Doombot because I miss it.
    The newest Giant Man
    Throw on spiderman (i know but I want it to sell)

They are the ones to bring Hank home

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post

If I may steal and twist your idea a little

Team Pym
    Jan
    Nadia
    Scott
    Vision
    Joqasta
    Victor
    Tom Foster
    Atlas
    Stinger
    Maybe the Doombot because I miss it.
    The newest Giant Man
    Throw on spiderman (i know but I want it to sell)

They are the ones to bring Hank home
    Great idea, guys. If I could make one addition... how about Firestar. I'm sure she would love to help, especially after how Hank solved her problem:

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-21-2020 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Couldn’t find the Hank Pym thread so I hope no one minds me posting here. I have a burning question about Hank involving Avengers # 162 written by Jim Shooter, art by George Perez. Great story of the origin of Jocasta. But whatever happened to Hank? I mean Ultron mind wiped him blah blah blah so he ended up fighting the Avengers and almost killing Jan (Jesus Shooter did seem to have it in for him!) but after a fill in issue following 162, issue 164 has him back working on the team and no mention of how he recovered? Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks to Digifiend, I found this thread!

Astonishing Member

I don't know who is Giant-Man these days, but I'd prefer to see Bill come back. His death was kinda cheap and meaningless. Same with Rita. Hate these crappy event writers who feel they can just extinguish a character in order to up the stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Couldn’t find the Hank Pym thread so I hope no one minds me posting here. I have a burning question about Hank involving Avengers # 162 written by Jim Shooter, art by George Perez. Great story of the origin of Jocasta. But whatever happened to Hank? I mean Ultron mind wiped him blah blah blah so he ended up fighting the Avengers and almost killing Jan (Jesus Shooter did seem to have it in for him!) but after a fill in issue following 162, issue 164 has him back working on the team and no mention of how he recovered? Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks to Digifiend, I found this thread!
    Yep, I know the story/issues in question here, and a question I once pondered.

I think it was mentioned somewhere else that Hank was treated after #162, behind the scenes.

Issue #163 was the filler issue with the Champions and Issue #164 started the Nefaria Trilogy.

By #164, Hank was again Yellowjacket with improved powers, as he used the vibratory energy of his wings to power his newer, more powerful Disruptor Blasts. At full power, point-blank double-disruptor blasts should momentarily stun even someone as powerful as Thor, according to Hank. However, they did nothing against Nefaria. Jan's stings however, did seem to hurt Nefaria.

Jan was moaning about how he amped up his powers while leaving her with stingers that couldn't hurt a fly. But this was soon to be reconcilled when Hank majorly increased Jan's Wasp powers as her Birthday present.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yep, I know the story/issues in question here, and a question I once pondered.

I think it was mentioned somewhere else that Hank was treated after #162, behind the scenes.

Issue #163 was the filler issue with the Champions and Issue #164 started the Nefaria Trilogy.

By #164, Hank was again Yellowjacket with improved powers, as he used the vibratory energy of his wings to power his newer, more powerful Disruptor Blasts. At full power, point-blank double-disruptor blasts should momentarily stun even someone as powerful as Thor, according to Hank. However, they did nothing against Nefaria. Jan's stings however, did seem to hurt Nefaria.
    Yep, as I recall, they mentioned the would use a device (forgot the name of it) to undo the mindwiping Ultron did, but we never saw it on paper, as far as I can remember.

I'm so out of the loop with Marvel these days... any news of our boy Hank? Any hint or shred of hope?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

None whatsoever. So I entertain myself with old issues of Hank and Jan ... hopes springs eternal.

Thanks for weighing in on that little blip in Hank’s narrative. I wasn’t sure if it was dealt with in another issue or annual, or whether later it was addressed.

As many hope, there’s a story waiting about PymUltron and a Hank rescue. Never so bummed as the rehashing of Jan/Stark soirée by Slott.

I thought last autumn's Iron Man storyline would sort it out, but it didn't. They only arrested Pymtron, they didn't separate Ultron and Hank.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I thought last autumn's Iron Man storyline would sort it out, but it didn't. They only arrested Pymtron, they didn't separate Ultron and Hank.
    They are separated, Hank's soul was yanked free in Infinity Countdown, only to be "eaten" by a creature... so either Hank himself is dead-dead for good (which honestly very rarely happens in comic books) or he's stuck in some dimension (my personal theory).

But you're right, in the Iron Man storyline, they didn't know that fact, and yet they didn't even began to consider trying to separate Hank from Ultron. They would have probably ended up with a dead body and an Ultron, but still, they should have at least tried.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

The Shuri Wakanda Files tie in book has her fan girling over Hank Pym's scientific achievements. Would be cool to see them interact in the MCU.

Mighty Member

It's been a while. How are you Pym people doing in this Pymless time? Personally, I don't expect Pym to come back in 2021, and I'm ok with that. I've just gotten used to it. The Ant-Man 3 confirmation is big. Kang is a huge get, but I never loved any of those movies. I've only liked them. I'm optimistic that this one could potentially change that. Wish the adventures of young Hank was a Disney+ show.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    It's been a while. How are you Pym people doing in this Pymless time? Personally, I don't expect Pym to come back in 2021, and I'm ok with that. I've just gotten used to it. The Ant-Man 3 confirmation is big. Kang is a huge get, but I never loved any of those movies. I've only liked them. I'm optimistic that this one could potentially change that. Wish the adventures of young Hank was a Disney+ show.
    At this point I'm kind of resigned to just looking forward to the return of Michael Douglas' Hank, because I know at least there he'll for sure get respect.