Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Dr. Hank Pym Appreciation 2020

A new year brings a new appreciation thread!

Once again, let's hope for a return in 2020!
    Last edited by Mary Jay; 01-06-2020 at 03:57 PM. Reason: The title I put was changed by someone else...???
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Happy New Year to Hank Pym .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to Hank Pym .
    And a happy New Year to you too, friend

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

I have recently included Henry Pym (the 616 one) in my fan fiction, Ultimate Secret Wars: Time Runs Out (but note that it's chapter 7 of an ongoing story, the first chapter is here). Galactus is about to destroy the world, and Henry Pym makes the last stand.

I watched the first Ant-Man movie yesterday and MCU Hank is surprisingly funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Bito Wladon View Post
    Douglas' delivery is so good that even the bit in Endgame at the military base had us howling.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Douglas' delivery is so good that even the bit in Endgame at the military base had us howling.
    That was my reaction to the old school Ant-Man helmet .

I don't understand... I started this thread with the title : "Dr. Hank Pym: Appreciation thread 2020" and now it suddenly has some of his IDs in it...

I specifically did not put any superhero IDs in the title on purpose. A few weeks back I created a poll here on CBR to find out which superhero ID people preferred, and it came out as Dr. Pym, scientific adventurer. So I figured I don't need to put IDs in the title.

Beside, Carol Danvers has had almost as many codenames as Hank, and only Capt. Marvel is listed in her appreciation thread title.

So I respectfully ask the mods to put back the title as I first wrote it, or change it to :

Dr. Hank Pym, scientific adventurer: Appreciation thread 2020.

Thank you.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

I liked the second one as much! You should definitely watch it if you haven't already

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Does anyone have any recommendations for good/important comics to read to understand the character? Or are just fun to read I suppose?

Does anyone have any recommendations for good/important comics to read to understand the character? Or are just fun to read I suppose?
    Avengers 213

Age of Ultron #10AI is fun.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I'd love a mini series focusing on a slower character driven story for Hank about his mental health and life away from heroucs

BANNED

Tales to Astonish #63 Jan 1965
    "The Gangsters and the Giant!"
    While practicing their size-changing abilities and exercising, Giant-Man and the Wasp

are interrupted by a visit from a police officer, asking them to visit the police chief.
    Giant-Man rushes to the police station utilizing his size-changing abilities
    and the Wasp is driven there by the police officer.

The police chief asks them to investigate a criminal named the Wrecker,
    who has been extorting store owners in the Brownsville area of Brooklyn.
    He is threatening to burn down the stores, if the owners don't pay for protection.

Resuming their civilian guises of Henry Pym and Janet van Dyne, the two heroes go to Brownsville,
    where they notice that the owner of Smith's Hardware is selling his store, in order to get out of the area,
    not wanting to bow down to the Wrecker. Seeing it and an opportunity to stop the Wrecker,
    Pym and van Dyne buy the hardware store to bait a trap for the crook.

A few days later, furious that the hardware store is still in operation,
    the Wrecker sends some thugs to force Henry and Janet to pay protection money.
    The two heroes throw out the thugs without donning their costumes.
    This brings praise from other store owners, but angers the Wrecker, who initiates plan W.

Using a number of underlings to keep local police busy, the Wrecker appears at the hardware store
    to deal with Pym and van Dyne personally, but he and his thugs are attacked by Giant-Man and the Wasp.
    During the battle the Wasp is sprayed with DDT, causing Giant-Man to go on a rampage

and easily defeat the crooks, tossing the Wrecker out for the other store owners to handle.
    While Giant-Man checks to see if the Wasp is okay expressing his true feelings for her,

the police arrive and unmask the Wrecker, revealing him to be Mr. Smith, the original owner of
    the hardware store. With their mission accomplished, the two heroes return home on a flying ant.

Script by Stan Lee, art by Carl Burgos and Chic Stone

BANNED

A Marvel Masterwork Pin-Up of
    Giant-Man and the Wasp