Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Wish I knew the issue numbers there is the story where Egghead kidnaps Hank and makes him work for him with Hank eventually defeating Egghead. The Web Archive used to have those issues but I think they got rid of them.
    Volume 1 #228-230.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Wish I knew the issue numbers there is the story where Egghead kidnaps Hank and makes him work for him with Hank eventually defeating Egghead. The Web Archive used to have those issues but I think they got rid of them.
    Volume 1 #228-230.
    Excellent recommendation.

I would also suggest Ultron Unlimited (Avengers, Vol. 3 #19; 20; 21; 22), since it has a HANK PYM retcon that actually makes sense:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ultron_Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I would love to see him separated from Ultron...but after that he should go off into a self imposed isolation. A handful of people know where he is (Cap, Tigra, Nadia)...but they respect his desire for privacy while he deals with his issues and recovery.
    I don't know about that, to be honest. It had happened in the past, a few times, that Hank had gone into a self-imposed isolation, remove himself from the world, and it never did him any good in the long term. I think on the contrary he should be surrounded by friends and family and be part of the world around him. Isolating himself has only resulted in ignoring his issues. One thing I would like him to learn, if he ever comes back, is that he doesn't have to face stuff all alone.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

*Sigh*. Another Month of previews, another month with no sign of Hank...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I don't know about that, to be honest. It had happened in the past, a few times, that Hank had gone into a self-imposed isolation, remove himself from the world, and it never did him any good in the long term. I think on the contrary he should be surrounded by friends and family and be part of the world around him. Isolating himself has only resulted in ignoring his issues. One thing I would like him to learn, if he ever comes back, is that he doesn't have to face stuff all alone.
    I want him to be back as Hank...but want him out of superheroeing for a while...so Jan, Nadia, Steve and Scott (maybe Tony) being the only ones who know he is in a secluded location until he is 'really' needed for a while is what i want to see.

It's probably stupid, but I am eyeing the *Classified* character appearing in the Avengers Annual that's part of the Infinite Destinies event. I just don't think Adam Warlock warrants being kept secret and neither does a new character.
    But there isn't a confirmed Soul Stone character either so... I'm tentatively hoping that event brings Hank back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bito Wladon View Post
    It's probably stupid, but I am eyeing the *Classified* character appearing in the Avengers Annual that's part of the Infinite Destinies event. I just don't think Adam Warlock warrants being kept secret and neither does a new character.
    But there isn't a confirmed Soul Stone character either so... I'm tentatively hoping that event brings Hank back.
    Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Wayne View Post
    *Sigh*. Another Month of previews, another month with no sign of Hank...
    I don't think they would announce it in the sollicits, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bito Wladon View Post
    I've been burned so many times in the last five years... I guess I now have the "I'll believe it when I see it" mentality. Don't get me wrong, I still hope we get him back though
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Fantastic Member

Hank should come back and take his Yellowjacket identity back from Darren Cross in a team up with Wasps (Jan & Nadia), Ant-Man (Scott), Stinger, Atlas, Goliath (Tom) and Giant Man (Raz) and see the returns of Bill, Eric, and Rita.

Hank coming back is already a really huge maybe, and even though I love Bill and want him to come back I feel like both him and Rita are dead for good. But yeah I do agree he should fight Darren for Yellowjacket.

Ultimate Member

I would kind of almost want Hank to come back but then stay in the shadows for a bit, not to do anything shady or anything just readjust to life and try to figure out how to meet everyone again without them attacking him at first sight, and once he found out that he had a daughter he would possibly view it as that she was better off without him, so he wouldn't rush right back to the Avengers...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I want him to be back as Hank...but want him out of superheroeing for a while...so Jan, Nadia, Steve and Scott (maybe Tony) being the only ones who know he is in a secluded location until he is 'really' needed for a while is what i want to see.
    If there is a virus story coming someday he would have to be involved.

Although I guess in a way marvel Zombies was a virus story.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Huh, just read Tales to Astonish #44 (June, 1963), and I get the feeling this issue is where we start to see the gradual deterioration of Hank’s mental stability:

Last edited by Electricmastro; 05-16-2020 at 09:26 AM.

There seem to be quite a few signs of mental illness in the early comics. The one where Ultron makes him think he's Ant-Man again and manipulates him into fighting the Avengers has that too.
    Also unrelated but does Tigra's son only appear in 8 issues? I was hoping for godfather and godson moments.