Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

The book that let her punch both Juggernaut and Hulk in the same volume. <3

Outside of draining Apocalypse, Excalibur has been far less exciting.

Astonishing Member

And that one cool moment was under cut in the next issue by her saying well he must have done it for my own good. Blech

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    With all the love that i have for that Run.

Pre Utopia X Men Rogue's Beta X-force was huge! Rogue was the freaking Badass her team was a mixture of Suicide Squad and Xforce.

She was cold, brave and acting angry.

But then Utopia happen. and then i think that Mike Carey suffered of a pretty common thing in some writers.

She fell in love with the character.

And he didnt create a new character to be his fiance. he reformuled and reworked a character that he freaking likes. Magneto.

I like the way he write them as a couple but the execution was forced as hell. Age of X was used as a excuse to make Rogneto happen.

But anyway it was a funny ride. until Gage write that stupid proposal xD.
    The X-men run was better. Legacy started going off the rails in the Indra arc. It starts off with rogue using Indian philosophy to tell Indra that he shouldn’t believe in janism, uh what? Indra needs to go home because his brother’s really sick, so they send the whole class and teachers to crash at indra’s parents house but don’t tell his dad they are all coming (they also trash his house, but that’s ok because he’s ignorant and not only believes in janism but also arranged marriage. So magneto uses Indian philosophy to talk smack to him.) what again? And the scene where rogue uses a bus to crash into a sentinel (fine in and of itself) but one of the student has to literally stop and tell her ‘good job’, uh shouldn’t that be the other way around?

How do Rogue fans feel about the morbid but interesting position Rogue was in as Legacy / Reaper? I gotta admit, I liked it on a conceptual level. A mutant storage system for memories and life experiences that plays into her powers in an interesting way. A living Cerebro almost.

The biggest difference being, of course, that Rogue has never really used her powers that way before or outside of that reality. The closest example being the time she felt forced to take Sunfire's powers in an extreme situation. As a sidenote, I find it interesting that Sunfire's psyche never manifested in a similar way to Carols. Carols memories and personality was like an angry and haunting spirit. It took over her body, guilt-tripped her and finally attempted to kill her when it physically manifested. While Sunfire's... was basically nonexistent. Either she didn't absorb his mind at all or there was a big difference because the absorption was more... consensual.

But yea any thoughts? Given how much Hickman seems to be a fan of Carey's work, I find it weird he has not been using Rogue or any of themes he developed with her at all. I wish he would, there is plenty of interesting history there.

Rogue needs to start wearing that costume

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It's the best costume she's ever had.

lol yes that too. Its one of the best Rogue costumes in the past two decades.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    How do Rogue fans feel about the morbid but interesting position Rogue was in as Legacy / Reaper? I gotta admit, I liked it on a conceptual level. A mutant storage system for memories and life experiences that plays into her powers in an interesting way. A living Cerebro almost.

The biggest difference being, of course, that Rogue has never really used her powers that way before or outside of that reality. The closest example being the time she felt forced to take Sunfire's powers in an extreme situation. As a sidenote, I find it interesting that Sunfire's psyche never manifested in a similar way to Carols. Carols memories and personality was like an angry and haunting spirit. It took over her body, guilt-tripped her and finally attempted to kill her when it physically manifested. While Sunfire's... was basically nonexistent. Either she didn't absorb his mind at all or there was a big difference because the absorption was more... consensual.

But yea any thoughts? Given how much Hickman seems to be a fan of Carey's work, I find it weird he has not been using Rogue or any of themes he developed with her at all. I wish he would, there is plenty of interesting history there.
    I liked it. I felt bad for her a bit because it is a pretty morbid responsibility and it seemed to weigh on her, but it was a really cool use of her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Definitely.
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I like the AoX costume, but I don't think it works for Rogue outside of that reality. The somber colors and almost ceremonial robe/cape and the fortified boots are thematically suitable for the AoX reality, but 616 Rogue is so much more lively and playful. Maybe if they swapped the cape for a jacket and gave it a less chunky boot, but even then it's a lot more black than I would like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven
    I liked it. I felt bad for her a bit because it is a pretty morbid responsibility and it seemed to weigh on her, but it was a really cool use of her powers.
    Same. Not a fun job and probably not something Rogue would probably volunteer for but storing genetic material or memories are both plot points that have been touched upon before by CC and later Carey. It would be interesting to see it formally brought up in the 616.

Also interesting to note that the minor character Amalgam is long-suspected to be a version of Rogue that works in a similar vein to Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I like the AoX costume, but I don't think it works for Rogue outside of that reality. The somber colors and almost ceremonial robe/cape and the fortified boots are thematically suitable for the AoX reality, but 616 Rogue is so much more lively and playful. Maybe if they swapped the cape for a jacket and gave it a less chunky boot, but even then it's a lot more black than I would like.
    I suppose that's true. I think it's kinda funny how there is a coincidental (?) dichotomy between her somber moods associated with her cape/hood eras and her more livelier attitudes with the jackets.

Though I wouldn't completely dismiss her ever evolving into a role similar to Reaper in the 616. It's a long-shot but they could push her into a similar direction if the Kroakan resurrection protocols fail. which they will at some point
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 08-04-2020 at 09:38 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. Too much black. Not enough green.
    It actually reminds me of her Outback look...perhaps a green hooded cape with black accent and green gloves and boots would be a nice update.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I mean you could easily swap the black with green and vice versa but then you'd have somethnig akin to her Outback costume. Im fine with her in mostly black though. Its such a good design
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-04-2020 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post

I suppose that's true. I think it's kinda funny how there is a coincidental (?) dichotomy between her somber moods associated with her cape/hood eras and her more livelier attitudes with the jackets.

Though I wouldn't completely dismiss her ever evolving into a role similar to Reaper in the 616. It's a long-shot but they could push her into a similar direction if the Kroakan resurrection protocols fail. which they will at some point
    I'm not a fan of the hoods, capes, etc in general, and it does seem like when she's in that type of uniform she gets a more somber attitude, which I also don't care for.

The Reaper look and attitude reminds me too much of her character in the x-Men movies, and I want to see Rogue kept as far away from that abysmal portrayal as possible.

I think yellow and green is one of the ugliest color combinations the human eye is allowed to legally see, so I'd welcome anything, but I don't think that an all black costume is necessarily somber. Rogue is known for balancing a darkness with her charm and sass. A black dominant costume suits her just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I think yellow and green is one of the ugliest color combinations the human eye is allowed to legally see, so I'd welcome anything, but I don't think that an all black costume is necessarily somber. Rogue is known for balancing a darkness with her charm and sass. A black dominant costume suits her just fine.
    That's blasphemy! Green /yellow looks great on Rogue, her Jim Lee outfit is unmatched.

I think the black and green looks great too, and mostly black could look good, just leave off the capes and hoods and other baggy accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    are you colorblind?

Last edited by staptik777; 08-04-2020 at 12:37 PM.