Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

I love Rogue by M.Brooks�� and the other Rogue is more a vampire for me��

------'

In the other Point. ..... I haven't seen Rogue's face in any of the future issues. I'm the only one who thinks that both she and the rest of the cast of excalibur are really going to be "the original riders of Apocalypse" except for Betsy��
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 07-29-2020 at 11:33 PM.

I'm the only one seriously missing X-Men Legacy!Rogue ?

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Legacy can be a touchy subject, but yes. She was great then. Rogue's one of my favorites, but I haven't been that interested in what's been happening with her since she left the Avengers.

You mean her secret solo book? I mean, I like Legacy but I also had a problem with how bias it was to her, though given what she has going right now I do feel nostalgic for those days.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    You mean her secret solo book? I mean, I like Legacy but I also had a problem with how bias it was to her, though given what she has going right now I do feel nostalgic for those days.
    It wasn't a secret...it was advertised as a Rogue focused book.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I did really like Legacy. Carey is a solid writer and it usually had great art. Even if I didn't care for the Rogneto stuff, I thought he wrote everyone pretty well.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I wasn't trying to say the focus was a negative, I like that about the book. But the latter runs did feature fixed teams. And I remember a lot of the complaints people had was that the entire cast, particurlarly after Schism, was just there for Rogue to have a set of powers to absorb while providing little to the story.

To me the time that Rogue worked best in a team book in recent years still remains Duggan's Uncanny Avengers run.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Maybe Carey's run, but Gage's book was advertised as an X-men book after the AvX soft reboot, yet it still remained a stealth Rogue solo

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    She attempted to link with a Krakoan portal to Avalon but Betsy blew up the portal from the other side, and Rogue was caught in the magical backlash. She was physically affected somehow and Krakoa placed her in a stasis sleep and placed in a magical bier which was then used as a magical nexus point by o--[A]--o

When she woke up...she was filled with magical energy and her powers were changed to now having full control of her abilities. The release of the energy she absorbed created the gateway to Avalon (your main reason for the plot) when she killed o--[A]--o

It was all resolved in issue 05.
    Thank you!

As SBO said, it was not very memorable for me. The biggest effect it had on Rogue IMO was she came out of the coffin/egg upset, killed Apocalypse and decided she didn't want kids.

Which is actually a really good ending IMO I just... don't see what a magic coffin had to do with it...

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x
    I wasn't trying to say the focus was a negative, I like that about the book. But the latter runs did feature fixed teams. And I remember a lot of the complaints people had was that the entire cast, particurlarly after Schism, was just there for Rogue to have a set of powers to absorb while providing little to the story.

To me the time that Rogue worked best in a team book in recent years still remains Duggan's Uncanny Avengers run.
    I really miss Duggan's Rogue. And the Avengers Office... the X-Office has been ignoring Rogue for most of the last 2 decades and she's basically irrelevant to the team. Carey being the one bright spot.

Regarding Duggan's characterization of Rogue; I had some qualms with the random Deadpool pairing and her not using her absorption powers enough but he really nailed her feisty attitude, developed her relationship with her teammates, included her in events (!!!), and even had time for some flirty if bait-y Romy moments! Quality Rogue stories. sigh

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I did really like Legacy. Carey is a solid writer and it usually had great art. Even if I didn't care for the Rogneto stuff, I thought he wrote everyone pretty well.
    I found Carey's writing to be boxy. Maybe its my ADHD talking but I sometimes had to read a page 3 times to get what was going on.

His writing of Rogue was great at first but started getting creepy.

With all the love that i have for that Run.

Pre Utopia X Men Rogue's Beta X-force was huge! Rogue was the freaking Badass her team was a mixture of Suicide Squad and Xforce.

She was cold, brave and acting angry.

But then Utopia happen. and then i think that Mike Carey suffered of a pretty common thing in some writers.

She fell in love with the character.

And he didnt create a new character to be his fiance. he reformuled and reworked a character that he freaking likes. Magneto.

I like the way he write them as a couple but the execution was forced as hell. Age of X was used as a excuse to make Rogneto happen.

But anyway it was a funny ride. until Gage write that stupid proposal xD.
    Last edited by DarkMagnus; 07-31-2020 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Thank you!

As SBO said, it was not very memorable for me. The biggest effect it had on Rogue IMO was she came out of the coffin/egg upset, killed Apocalypse and decided she didn't want kids.

Which is actually a really good ending IMO I just... don't see what a magic coffin had to do with it...

I really miss Duggan's Rogue. And the Avengers Office... the X-Office has been ignoring Rogue for most of the last 2 decades and she's basically irrelevant to the team. Carey being the one bright spot.

Regarding Duggan's characterization of Rogue; I had some qualms with the random Deadpool pairing and her not using her absorption powers enough but he really nailed her feisty attitude, developed her relationship with her teammates, included her in events (!!!), and even had time for some flirty if bait-y Romy moments! Quality Rogue stories. sigh
    I totally forgot that Duggan wrote her before! Time to make her the new lead of Marauders.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I totally forgot that Duggan wrote her before! Time to make her the new lead of Marauders.
    If Rogue could be written as the chaotic improvisational leader that she was under Carey's pen with her rag tag bunch of X-Men, I would say the Pirate life IS for her.
    Ironically I had no idea the collected volume of that period was titles "Marauders". Kismet.

I think Rogue & Gambit would have been perfect on Marauders. Have one of them lead and add some former villains for flavor. Lady Mastermind Round 2? They could've explored the Thieves & Assassins Guild and intermingled that lore with basically being pirates. It's a missed opportunity IMO.

Also I got nostalgic for UA. Pepe Larraz <3

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post

Also I got nostalgic for UA. Pepe Larraz <3

You and me both.

I loved seeing Rogue give Hulk a pummeling.