Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    Most Rogue fans seem to post in the mr mrs X thread rather than this one, so I think that's one reason there isn't much action.
    I would post here more often, but as a fan of both Rogue and Gambit don't always feel welcome in the individual character threads for either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I would post here more often, but as a fan of both Rogue and Gambit don't always feel welcome in the individual character threads for either of them.
    Same here. Seems the Rogue thread is pretty anti-"Romy" much of the time over the past however many years I can recall.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Same here. Seems the Rogue thread is pretty anti-"Romy" much of the time over the past however many years I can recall.
    Well I had the same experience in the Gambit thread a while back. It seems better lately. And if people want their own "couple free" space to discuss their favorite character and complain about their SO I can respect that. Just trying to explain why I usually stay away. I'm happy to stop in more often.

Anyone planning to pick up the free comic book day book next week?

Well I had the same experience in the Gambit thread a while back. It seems better lately. And if people want their own "couple free" space to discuss their favorite character and complain about their SO I can respect that. Just trying to explain why I usually stay away. I'm happy to stop in more often.

Anyone planning to pick up the free comic book day book next week?

I'll admit, I used to hate Gambit. So many writers didn't seem to be able to do anything with Rogue or gambit except make them pine for each other at all times, and it got extremely tiresome.

Once I read the Rogue and gambit mini, and Mr & Mrs X series I changed my mind about the relationship.
    Kelly Thompson did what I didn't think was possible at that point, and actually made their relationship interesting to me.
    I wish she was still writing the series , it was really entertaining.

And i'll definitely be picking up the Free comic book with Rogue, hopefully she's not only on the cover.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I'll admit, I used to hate Gambit. So many writers didn't seem to be able to do anything with Rogue or gambit except make them pine for each other at all times, and it got extremely tiresome.
    Completely fair. Too often comic characters are kept in a kind of stasis where they are written in a certain way like that for so long because that's what's relatable or that's what editorial decides is interesting.

It keeps happening with Spidey, between him divorcing MJ or losing his doctorate just to make him a young, screw-up bachelor.
    Make Good Art

Same problem I have. Which is why I liked X-Treme X-Men and X-Men The End. They were still allowed to be individuals within a relationship.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

And i'll definitely be picking up the Free comic book with Rogue, hopefully she's not only on the cover.
    Same here. It's by Hickman, right? I hope he does her justice.

Once I read the Rogue and gambit mini, and Mr & Mrs X series I changed my mind about the relationship.
    Kelly Thompson did what I didn't think was possible at that point, and actually made their relationship interesting to me.
    I wish she was still writing the series , it was really entertaining.

Yeah and that's fair if those storylines didn't work for you. I'm definitely not expecting that all Rogue fans must be fans of Gambit also. I understand the reasons even if I don't always see it the same way. And Rogue more than deserves her own space and that space should be free to openly discuss whatever they want about her character. I don't want to be a hinderance to that.

Basically just my point is that my enthusiasm for participating in discussions is lowered if one of my two favorite characters is frequently being bashed. Which I'm sure you guys can understand. I'm here to have fun, not endless arguments. You wouldn't enjoy participating in a thread where Rogue was regularly bashed (as I definitely don't.) The same goes for me for Gambit.

But I'm definitely willing to try participating more and bringing my Rogue news and art over here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Same here. It's by Hickman, right? I hope he does her justice.
    Same. Covers can be deceptive and I've felt pretty mixed about Hickman, but I'm hopeful for a good Rogue showing.

Same here! Bc Tini has been underwhelming...

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Same problem I have. Which is why I liked X-Treme X-Men and X-Men The End. They were still allowed to be individuals within a relationship.
    X-treme was great! Rogue taking on a whole army is probably my favorite Rogue moment. So badass
    Make Good Art

Same. Covers can be deceptive and I've felt pretty mixed about Hickman, but I'm hopeful for a good Rogue showing.
    Yeah Rogue is one of the characters that seems to often appears on the covers and gets readers excited and then doesn't show up inside.
    I'd rather see her on a cover than not at all, but hope she actually gets to see some action.

I wonder who's drawing the issue, she looks great on the cover, but I'm guessing Larraz isn't doing the interior?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

My edits of Alexandra Daddario as Rogue.
    Hmmm, she might be a bit too old these days eh?

BTW - the real art in case folks are wondering what's up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    X-treme was great! Rogue taking on a whole army is probably my favorite Rogue moment. So badass
    I loved it when she had template recall! That pic of her letting loose with the powers she amassed over the years was amazing! I wish they had kept the template recall.

Yeah Rogue is one of the characters that seems to often appears on the covers and gets readers excited and then doesn't show up inside.
    I'd rather see her on a cover than not at all, but hope she actually gets to see some action.

I wonder who's drawing the issue, she looks great on the cover, but I'm guessing Larraz isn't doing the interior?
    I can't remember who does art. But I think it was Larraz...