Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

I wish Rogue had a more fleshed out relationship with Kurt. I know she sometimes rejects identifying Mystique as a mother figure but you would think she might want to establish a sibling-like relationship with her step-brother. This is another area in where Evolution shined. ignoring the fact that in the comics nightcrawler has a weird history with stepsisters...

Or heck, I even kinda miss Mystique butting into her life right about now.

Tini and Kelly Thompson were asked about her relationship with Kurt in an X-Men Monday and they both kind of shrugged it off and said it wasn't something they saw as important to either character. I'd definitely like to see it explored further, but it doesn't seem like any writer right now really cares much about Rogue, and Kurt is just around for the council meetings.
    Last edited by TheRealWashout; 10-15-2020 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Tini and Kelly Thompson were asked about her relationship with Kurt in an X-Men Monday and they both kind of shrugged it off, and said it wasn't something they saw as important to either character. I'd definitely like to see it explored further, but it doesn't seem like any writer righ now really cares much about Rogue, and Kurt is just around for the council meetings.
    Aww that's kinda disheartening, though I do agree the relationship hasn't really played a big part in either characters history. And yea, unfortunately neither Rogue or Kurt get much attention as it is.

I guess I'm kinda sucker for Darkholme interactions. I wonder if Mystique would invite Kurt and Rogue to her place lol.

Part of me would love Claremont to come back just to write a book about Rogue and Kurt
    The other part of me knows it's never gonna happen
    Last edited by rhaenylis; 10-17-2020 at 04:48 AM.

We'll have to take our crumbs where we get them... I'm not happy with her current status quo either... Between her marriage to Gambit and Excalibur role of just being there, I hope we get a better Rogue eventually.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

^ I agree. For now I'll just have to settle for reading about Rogue when she was actually written well in issues of Uncanny Avengers and parts of Mr and Mrs X.

Also since I'm bored and because I am one of those embarrassing fans who care about feats and dislikes ambiguity, I tried to pin point just how strong Rogue is post-Wonder Mans separation from her. From past absorptions, Rogue seems to keep all (or most) of her targets abilities but can never be too sure.

Strength feats of note past UA#23
    - Rogue knocking Juggernaut across a street and holding him back (Class 100+)
    - Overpowering Subguardian Titan (Class ?)
    - Rogue resisting Graviton's abilities, who has in the past been able to solo Avenger teams
    - Rogue fighting toe to toe with Captain Marvel (Class 50 to 100+) and Nuclear Man (Class 100+)

Strength limits
    - Juggernaut claims he is physically stronger than her, which Rogue admits to before using his momentum against him anyway
    - Sunspot claiming he is the strongest mutant on earth which probably includes Rogue. This one is a bit shaky as it's more talk than action.
    - Rogue, Hercules & Thor are all unable stop a non-mindless Hulk. Similar case to Juggernaut, can punch him across the street but not physically hold him down.
    - Nuclear Man seems to overpower her and Carol physically and She-Hulks punches seem to disorient him more

Tentative conclusion is she's probably around Class 100, but she's not strong enough to overpower the heavy hitter tier of Hulk, Juggernaut and She-Hulk.

Of course I'm aware Marvel writers could care class about unofficial measurements based on past stories and commonly contradict strength feats whenever its convenient for the plot, but it's still fun to construct a fanon type of metric system for these characters.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 10-17-2020 at 11:00 AM.

Top 3 Strength Feats IMO.

And.. in Excalibur the best she's done is assisted suicide with Apocalypse and struggling to restrain a Warwolf. : (

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I hope if Excalibur were to get cancelled that Gerry takes Rogue to Marauders. Imagine Mama, Rogue, Kate, and Storm in the same book... MAGIC!!!
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    I hope if Excalibur were to get cancelled that Gerry takes Rogue to Marauders. Imagine Mama, Rogue, Kate, and Storm in the same book... MAGIC!!!
    Delicious !

GIVE THE ROGUEMMA FRIENDSHIP THE SPARK THAT NEEDS.

Carey put the seeds of it. Fraction did it even in the Xmen black book. Claremont made them momma besties.

emmapesote.jpg
    emmateraping.jpg
    rogue.jpg

Astonishing Member

Oof, don’t post a Milligan panel as anything to aspire too. Now if you excuse me, I need to burn some sage and find some holy water to cleanse my phone screen...

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Oof, don’t post a Milligan panel as anything to aspire too. Now if you excuse me, I need to burn some sage and find some holy water to cleanse my phone screen...
    Hey!

I Know. but the Rogue and Emma relationship was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    ^ I agree. For now I'll just have to settle for reading about Rogue when she was actually written well in issues of Uncanny Avengers and parts of Mr and Mrs X.

Also since I'm bored and because I am one of those embarrassing fans who care about feats and dislikes ambiguity, I tried to pin point just how strong Rogue is post-Wonder Mans separation from her. From past absorptions, Rogue seems to keep all (or most) of her targets abilities but can never be too sure.

Strength feats of note past UA#23
    - Rogue knocking Juggernaut across a street and holding him back (Class 100+)
    - Overpowering Subguardian Titan (Class ?)
    - Rogue resisting Graviton's abilities, who has in the past been able to solo Avenger teams
    - Rogue fighting toe to toe with Captain Marvel (Class 50 to 100+) and Nuclear Man (Class 100+)

Strength limits
    - Juggernaut claims he is physically stronger than her, which Rogue admits to before using his momentum against him anyway
    - Sunspot claiming he is the strongest mutant on earth which probably includes Rogue. This one is a bit shaky as it's more talk than action.
    - Rogue, Hercules & Thor are all unable stop a non-mindless Hulk. Similar case to Juggernaut, can punch him across the street but not physically hold him down.
    - Nuclear Man seems to overpower her and Carol physically and She-Hulks punches seem to disorient him more

Tentative conclusion is she's probably around Class 100, but she's not strong enough to overpower the heavy hitter tier of Hulk, Juggernaut and She-Hulk.

Of course I'm aware Marvel writers could care class about unofficial measurements based on past stories and commonly contradict strength feats whenever its convenient for the plot, but it's still fun to construct a fanon type of metric system for these characters.
    I also wondered how strong Rogue is these days

My favorite "Strength Feat" would be Rogue VS. Juggernaut from X-Men: Evolution

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-19-2020 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Astonishing Member

This was from the gambit thread, but relevant here. It’s new shirts with the Disney plus redesigns
    Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Well on that note... saw this in a reddit thread, some tshirts from hot topic that are using the new designs and a re-design logo...Disney is committed to these new looks...

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...umes_on_merch/
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Love it! Would love a series with that design. The same costume but I love how that artist style and Gambit looks young but fresh and his eyebrows are dangerous enough

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

To add on, Patrick Brown has been posting some art on his Facebook that he was commissioned by Disney to produce based on these designs. Here's Rogue's

121741037_3486670171398111_3923801718717213034_o.jpg
    Make Good Art