Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast

Oh, that is so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Aw, very heartwarming.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    So adorable! Happy Holidays, everyone!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    2808514-x_men_the_end___dreamers___demons__2___page_16.jpg
    Art by Sean Chen. X-Men the End had one of my favorite Rogues around.
    Always loved this pic of Rogue kicking through the door, Pure Badassedness!

X-Men: The End Rogue was a cool mom. Sad that she spoilers:
    ended being one of the few long-time X-Men off'd in that continuity.
    end of spoilers

Rogue and alternative versions is an interesting topic. What are y'alls impressions of Rogue in some of the alternate universes? For me...

AoA Rogue started off pretty strong and had a very memorable mini where she was awesome, but the Rogue and Magneto relationship does have some unfortunate implications to me and in any of the revivals of the AoA future she's basically a non-character in presence.

Our time with House of M Rogue was short but sweet. She had a charisma that kind of jumped off the page, from the first shot of her twirling her pistols and with the iconic pigtails look. <3 I'm sad the short-lived Red Guard mini we got afterwards gave her a simple braid. Also I really wish the X-office had let Bendis give Rogue the Genis-Vells powers instead of later picking up Sunfire's. Missed opportunities...

Last but not least, probably her most prominent role in an alternate reality is Age of X Legacy. She's the POV character and this story puts her in an interesting position of storing the memories of any person that passes in that reality. She's basically a living Cerebro and it takes a toll on her, giving her a reputation among her peers as a "Reaper". I'm not sure if this version of Rogue is my favorite but it's definitely a memorable one. Also her outfit rocks.

Some other notable alternate versions of Rogue

The Ultimate's Marian Caryle, probably the longest running alternate version of the character, this Rogue had some potential but it kinda went nowhere TBH. She was a bratty in the not charming way version of the character and had a inconsistent story arc and development. You know the characters hit rock bottom when she's spends most of her time talking to plants and making out with this universe's Quentin Quire.

X-Men Forever's Ana Marie Raven had a nice start but I hated where CC ended up with the character. I know he loves his body and power swap tropes but it was just one too much for me. I think if change had lasted for just an arc it would've been fine and good but I quickly grew tired of the "Roguecrawler" character. Though maybe that's being a bit unfair, I feel like CC wanted to explore some of their issues in new perspectives but it felt more whiny than empathic to me for some reason. I did, however, like that CC gave Nightcrawler and Rogue a more sibling-like connection that doesn't really exist in the main universe sadly.

Exiles Ana Raven another interpretation of the character by CC. I didn't wholly mind this version as much as the two above, but the character just felt a bit flat. It felt part a retread of how CC is known to write Rogue but without a lot of the engaging history that we associate with the character. I did find some of the new powers CC seemed to randomly give her interesting though lol.

X-Babies Rogue in the AvX universe. Not much to say here, except she's adorably sarcastic and somewhat mischievous lol.

There are definitely more alternative versions of Rogue but I don't feel like there's much to talk about with them outside a few. Much of the rest have cameo queen appearance or are straight up dead in typical dystopian future settings. If the animated versions of Rogue count as alternate versions in this category they might be my favorites but that's probably a cop-out answer. xd

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Looking past the Magneto relationship, I liked Rogue's characterization. I think she makes a bad-ass mom.

Legacy is probably my favorite AU for her, though. The concept of her having to "store" other mutants makes for a very tragic hero.

I haven't read enough of Ultimate other than a few issues. She seemed ok in that but that whole universe suffered from some mis-characterization (other than Spider-Man).
    Make Good Art

Yeah, the X-Men: The End and AOA alternate versions of Rogue are my favorites. I never read the Ultimate version of any character so can't comment there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Looking past the Magneto relationship, I liked Rogue's characterization. I think she makes a bad-ass mom.
    Yeah, and this version makes Tini Howard's Rogue look even more out of place characterization wise regarding children than the rest of her 616 characterization already did. I mean I just had to laugh when I read your post, because it made me think, "huh, I guess Rogue is more willing to have a baby in a literally Apocalyptic wasteland than to have one in a mutant paradise where she is immortal".

And really, I'm not saying she should have a baby or that people can't change their minds, but that conversation added on to all the other ways she doesn't seem like Rogue was just weird and out of the blue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Yeah, the X-Men: The End and AOA alternate versions of Rogue are my favorites. I never read the Ultimate version of any character so can't comment there.

Yeah, and this version makes Tini Howard's Rogue look even more out of place characterization wise regarding children than the rest of her 616 characterization already did. I mean I just had to laugh when I read your post, because it made me think, "huh, I guess Rogue is more willing to have a baby in a literally Apocalyptic wasteland than to have one in a mutant paradise where she is immortal".

And really, I'm not saying she should have a baby or that people can't change their minds, but that conversation added on to all the other ways she doesn't seem like Rogue was just weird and out of the blue for me.
    Right? Definitely not saying she should have a baby right now, but to say "I don't think I'll ever want a baby" feels OOC
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    Always loved this pic of Rogue kicking through the door, Pure Badassedness!
    Sure is. Quintessencial Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    X-Men: The End Rogue was a cool mom. Sad that she spoilers:
    ended being one of the few long-time X-Men off'd in that continuity.
    end of spoilers

Rogue and alternative versions is an interesting topic. What are y'alls impressions of Rogue in some of the alternate universes? For me...

AoA Rogue started off pretty strong and had a very memorable mini where she was awesome, but the Rogue and Magneto relationship does have some unfortunate implications to me and in any of the revivals of the AoA future she's basically a non-character in presence.

Our time with House of M Rogue was short but sweet. She had a charisma that kind of jumped off the page, from the first shot of her twirling her pistols and with the iconic pigtails look. <3 I'm sad the short-lived Red Guard mini we got afterwards gave her a simple braid. Also I really wish the X-office had let Bendis give Rogue the Genis-Vells powers instead of later picking up Sunfire's. Missed opportunities...

Last but not least, probably her most prominent role in an alternate reality is Age of X Legacy. She's the POV character and this story puts her in an interesting position of storing the memories of any person that passes in that reality. She's basically a living Cerebro and it takes a toll on her, giving her a reputation among her peers as a "Reaper". I'm not sure if this version of Rogue is my favorite but it's definitely a memorable one. Also her outfit rocks.

Some other notable alternate versions of Rogue

The Ultimate's Marian Caryle, probably the longest running alternate version of the character, this Rogue had some potential but it kinda went nowhere TBH. She was a bratty in the not charming way version of the character and had a inconsistent story arc and development. You know the characters hit rock bottom when she's spends most of her time talking to plants and making out with this universe's Quentin Quire.

X-Men Forever's Ana Marie Raven had a nice start but I hated where CC ended up with the character. I know he loves his body and power swap tropes but it was just one too much for me. I think if change had lasted for just an arc it would've been fine and good but I quickly grew tired of the "Roguecrawler" character. Though maybe that's being a bit unfair, I feel like CC wanted to explore some of their issues in new perspectives but it felt more whiny than empathic to me for some reason. I did, however, like that CC gave Nightcrawler and Rogue a more sibling-like connection that doesn't really exist in the main universe sadly.

Exiles Ana Raven another interpretation of the character by CC. I didn't wholly mind this version as much as the two above, but the character just felt a bit flat. It felt part a retread of how CC is known to write Rogue but without a lot of the engaging history that we associate with the character. I did find some of the new powers CC seemed to randomly give her interesting though lol.

X-Babies Rogue in the AvX universe. Not much to say here, except she's adorably sarcastic and somewhat mischievous lol.

There are definitely more alternative versions of Rogue but I don't feel like there's much to talk about with them outside a few. Much of the rest have cameo queen appearance or are straight up dead in typical dystopian future settings. If the animated versions of Rogue count as alternate versions in this category they might be my favorites but that's probably a cop-out answer. xd
    I actually liked Rogue in AoA and AoX. Exiles is my fave for the template recall, X-Men The End had one of my favorite Rogues ever, shame about her end, though. XMF started off great for her, but her power swap with Kurt is just too ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post

Legacy is probably my favorite AU for her, though. The concept of her having to "store" other mutants makes for a very tragic hero.

I haven't read enough of Ultimate other than a few issues. She seemed ok in that but that whole universe suffered from some mis-characterization (other than Spider-Man).
    She indeed showed she could be a badass mom. That fight with Holocaust kind of made me want to see the character in the main marvel universe... just so Rogue could wail on him again lol.

You are right on the mark with Legacy being such a tragic hero. Carey certainly knew how to write a somber and serious Rogue. Though she did have some happy and flirty moments of that with Gambit in the universe... How we want from that to Rogue being convinced she was in love with Magneto outside of that reality is... very confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan

That is a good point lol. I think get the impression Tini just doesn't know the character that well sadly. Rogue's shown consistently that she likes kids, even working as a counselor as well as having her own junior squad for a time.

But at the same time I'm not sure I want Rogue and Gambit having children right now either. I feel like it'd just get them even more side-lined then they already are or written how Jubilee currently is (one-note). Maybe if the kid was magically aged up someway; since I feel the toughest part in including them in stories is when they are really young.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz
    I actually liked Rogue in AoA and AoX. Exiles is my fave for the template recall, X-Men The End had one of my favorite Rogues ever, shame about her end, though. XMF started off great for her, but her power swap with Kurt is just too ugh.
    Yea same. In terms of pushing the character outside their comfort zone, I suppose I applaud AoX for putting her in a different position that 616 Rogue may not ever be comfortable doing. XMF is equally ambitious in a way, with a big change in the character, but doesn't feel as satisfying.

On a unrelated note, I am disappointed that Hickman seems to keep pulling story-arcs from the Carey Rogue era but just completely ignores that Rogue was a bit part of those stories.

Where is Rogue vs the CotV round 3 Marvel?

Seriously! She even has a better powerset now... Let her go ham on them all.

Yea the Sunfire powerset never really suited her. It's also apparent Carey didn't like them either, since he got rid of them pretty soon afterwards.

Speaking of the CotV, Sangre states that since the Children of the Vaults powers are technology based Rogue can't absorb them. But the next time Rogue encounters a CotV member, Perro, she takes his gravity powers.

This is like the Wonder Man situation all over again. xD I wonder if Rogue's powers consciously evolve to overcome barriers the second time around.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    She indeed showed she could be a badass mom. That fight with Holocaust kind of made me want to see the character in the main marvel universe... just so Rogue could wail on him again lol.

You are right on the mark with Legacy being such a tragic hero. Carey certainly knew how to write a somber and serious Rogue. Though she did have some happy and flirty moments of that with Gambit in the universe... How we want from that to Rogue being convinced she was in love with Magneto outside of that reality is... very confusing.
    Yeah, not my favorite but Carey still did a lot of solid work for Rogue otherwise. Combined with Mann's art, that was a fun time to get back into comics/X-Men
    Make Good Art