Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    are you сolorblind?
    Those certainly are costumes.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I think yellow and green is one of the ugliest color combinations the human eye is allowed to legally see, so I'd welcome anything, but I don't think that an all black costume is necessarily somber. Rogue is known for balancing a darkness with her charm and sass. A black dominant costume suits her just fine.
    Yeah, I'm not really a fan of yellow in general, tbh, and I don't mind the black in Rogue's 80s costumes. It's mostly just the heavy black cape in the AoX look that makes it feel like too much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    How do Rogue fans feel about the morbid but interesting position Rogue was in as Legacy / Reaper? I gotta admit, I liked it on a conceptual level. A mutant storage system for memories and life experiences that plays into her powers in an interesting way. A living Cerebro almost.

The biggest difference being, of course, that Rogue has never really used her powers that way before or outside of that reality. The closest example being the time she felt forced to take Sunfire's powers in an extreme situation. As a sidenote, I find it interesting that Sunfire's psyche never manifested in a similar way to Carols. Carols memories and personality was like an angry and haunting spirit. It took over her body, guilt-tripped her and finally attempted to kill her when it physically manifested. While Sunfire's... was basically nonexistent. Either she didn't absorb his mind at all or there was a big difference because the absorption was more... consensual.

But yea any thoughts? Given how much Hickman seems to be a fan of Carey's work, I find it weird he has not been using Rogue or any of themes he developed with her at all. I wish he would, there is plenty of interesting history there.
    Loved this design and the more somber/serious side we got of Rogue in this little AU. As a self-contained story, it's a favorite. Not that I always want her somber and serious, but it fit the situation of that world and was an interesting take on her powers. Kind of like what Xavier is doing now with Cebrebro, but less extreme. Also reminds me of when she had the re-call powers in X-Treme and her ability to store almost infinite minds like the hecatomb. How her powers work has a lot of room for interpretation and augmentation though. Its unclear why some pyches/powers stay or cause trouble, while others fade easily as you pointed out. It seems that her state of mind is key. And where is this information stored - in her mind? In every cell of her body? Is she copying their DNA or using it as a template to augment her own? All very nebulous and fascinating. Yet I tend to want to avoid too much power creep for her, as all powerful beings quickly become boring.

I wish her Excalibur design had drawn more from this Age of X look though and the braids from House of M - the current look doesn't feel very fantasy, just mildly different from her 90s look. I'm just ready for something different. I like more black in her uniform generally, though her Jim Lee 90's will always have my heart and she looks great in yellow too.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Loved this design and the more somber/serious side we got of Rogue in this little AU. As a self-contained story, it's a favorite. Not that I always want her somber and serious, but it fit the situation of that world and was an interesting take on her powers. Kind of like what Xavier is doing now with Cebrebro, but less extreme. Also reminds me of when she had the re-call powers in X-Treme and her ability to store almost infinite minds like the hecatomb. How her powers work has a lot of room for interpretation and augmentation though. Its unclear why some pyches/powers stay or cause trouble, while others fade easily as you pointed out. It seems that her state of mind is key. And where is this information stored - in her mind? In every cell of her body? Is she copying their DNA or using it as a template to augment her own? All very nebulous and fascinating. Yet I tend to want to avoid too much power creep for her, as all powerful beings quickly become boring.

I wish her Excalibur design had drawn more from this Age of X look though and the braids from House of M - the current look doesn't feel very fantasy, just mildly different from her 90s look. I'm just ready for something different. I like more black in her uniform generally, though her Jim Lee 90's will always have my heart and she looks great in yellow too.
    Oh good point, yes it did remind me a bit of like how Xavier is doing things now. And I agree, I can enjoy when Rogue gets serious. It's a different vibe to her 80s or 90s outbursts or angst-trips, it's more a calm simmer of sadness or anger which was interesting.

I wish someone in the X-Office like KT had dived even deeper regarding that. I'm glad KT at least was able to establish some lore regarding that fear works in hampering her power, amplifying or neutralizing the effects. I'm sad that Tini so far has just ignored all the commentary and potential that writers like Carey and KT had built up. I know it's more team-focused book but still...

omg her HoM braids. Yes! I really wish one of her official costumes had implemented the look... She may be a bit in her early twenties, but she could still pull it off well I think. Plus it fits her playful attitude. An Age of X-like costume that incorporated the pigtail look would be perfect.

Actually I suck at editing but turning the above costumes white section into green and the red accents into white would look amazing. Also potentially adding another layered jacket or black coat to complete the look. : O
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 08-04-2020 at 11:06 PM.

Rogue question

When Rogues takes another mutants powers does she have an innate ability to control those powers with decent aptitude immediately. Especially if they are basic ?

For instance if she absorbed Cyclops' optic blast would she be able to control it without ruby quartz ?

If so are there any examples of her doing so? Please cite any issues or panels you know of

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Shooter View Post
    Rogue question

When Rogues takes another mutants powers does she have an innate ability to control those powers with decent aptitude immediately. Especially if they are basic ?

For instance if she absorbed Cyclops' optic blast would she be able to control it without ruby quartz ?

If so are there any examples of her doing so? Please cite any issues or panels you know of
    Back when she was manifesting powers at random after touching a Skrull telepath, Wolverine's was the only one she could control. In X-Treme she always had glasses on bc of Scott's power. Her glasses were ruby quartz.
    In Utopia, after Schism, she absorbed the Cuckoos and randomly projected thoughts of her and Gambit doing it. I think she only uses them differently, but she gets as much control as the person she touches has.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And...
    When she absorbed Storm's powers in UXM 185 (One of my favourite issues and story arcs) she was able to manipulate the weather with some finesse and skill...she only lost control when she was attacked by Gyrich and realised that Storm's powers were closely tied to her emotional state.
    Note...she absorbs their mind along with their powers and physical traits...so it stands to reason she would know "how" to use those powers effectively.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-11-2020 at 10:30 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

She was able to control Cyclops's optic blasts in Carey's run. She doesn't have his head trauma, so she can use them at will. The reason she needed glasses in X-treme is because the powers manifested randomly, so she needed to be careful.

She also successfully used Spidey-sense in an issue of marvel fanfare to dodge blasts, even though she didn't seem fully aware she even had the ability until she utilized it.

You guys or awesome ... anyone know the issue or have a panel of Rogue controlling Cyclops powers during Carey's run ?

You guys or awesome ... anyone know the issue or have a panel of Rogue controlling Cyclops powers during Carey's run ?

Astonishing Member

So off topic question, did rogue actually do anything in the last fantastic four/ X-men book? I know she was on the cast page, it from the review thread, she wasn’t mentioned and couldn’t have done much. Just flying around in the background? Any lines?

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    So off topic question, did rogue actually do anything in the last fantastic four/ X-men book? I know she was on the cast page, it from the review thread, she wasn’t mentioned and couldn’t have done much. Just flying around in the background? Any lines?
    From what I heard it was just as a background character, no real lines or purpose other than to be muscle, flying and punching.

X-Men Vol 2 #188

Rogue question

X-MEN Annual #9 by Claremont and Adams: Rogue absorbs Cyclops and Nightcrawler simultaneously via Kurt being in contact with Scott while touching Rogue . H
    as THAT ever happened again - Rogue absorbing by physical contact proxy???
    She had full control of Cyke optic blast then...
    rogue asgard1.jpg
    rogue asbard2.jpg