Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Good question! Wonder Man has high durability. Plus he is able to run fast and have quick reaction times.
    I think Ms Marvel and Wonder Man have similar reaction times.

Though uncommon Ms Marvel Rogue had fast reaction times to catch bullets and send them back.

With her current set she's been shown to react quickly enough to run back and quickly to block bullets. In this case it was mind-controlled Rogue blocking Red Skull but same principle lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Perhaps, but like her speed, Rogue's durability with Ms Marvels powerset seemed proportionally higher than her strength. She could usually tank hits from CL 100+ mostly fine.

Like her getting smacked by Juggernaut, Binary and Nimrod; then getting back into the fight not soon after. On the other hand... she has straight up got KO'd by characters like Hercules and even embarrassingly Sabretooth with the same powerset.

A lot of it is writer inconsistency and plot convenience, but you could also argue it might depend exactly where (face vs body) she gets hit which could impact how well she takes the same hit and if she's ready for it or not.

In terms of her Wonder Mans powerset, her most impressive showing so far has been tanking the pressure Graviton was exerting.

Gravitons abilities are strong enough to throw buildings around, lift entire cities and bring to the ground Wonder Man ironically. though to be fair, he may not have been as powerful as he currently is

In terms of pure strength tanking she's able to easily shrug off hits from Captain Marvels strength class (at least CL 50). I don't remember if Zombie Hulk or Juggernaut tried to hit her on-panel, though I know Nuclear Man (CL 100+) has and while she seemed momentarily stunned she would get back into the fight a second or so later.

Her weakest showing with the powerset was getting KO'd by Ahab, toss'd around by High Evolutionary, and knocked out by a blast from Bella Donna and Candra.

I'd say it's about even so far in the durability department.

Rogue is definitely a victim of PIS in terms of her durability. A punch from Sabretooth shouldn't even register, even in a sneak attack.

Also getting her ass handed to her by Knockout in mystery in madripoor, that one pissed me off as well.

With Bella donna and Candra it was at least a combined attack from behind, and she wasn't put out of commission entirely by the blasts, she was getting back up before they put the suppression collar on her.

It does seem that most of her defeats are from sneak attacks from behind, Knockout and even Hercules took her by surprise before they KO'd her as well.

lol yea, that Sabretooth fight was so dumb. I think CC just wanted everyone out of the way for that Betsy vs Victor fight. It was good, but couldn't of Rogue just gone out for pizza?

omg I had forgotten about Mystery in Madipoor. Yep not her best showing. Even if Knockout somehow was stronger than her, that's no excuse for not trying to immediately absorb her.

And true on the Candra and Bella Donna attack. She was more stunned than KO'd, but it was enough to end the fight by putting on a power nullifying collar. KT tended to use that device a lot during her stories lol.

Over all I agree, I think writers at least are consistent in that bracing for a hit can do a lot in keeping a character in a fight and that ambushes can be very effective at taking someone out of commission.

Hey gang.
    Who are the closest people to Rogue? Who are her people? Who would she invite on vacation with her? Who does she confide in? Gimme names and, of course, any and all justifications are welcome too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Hey gang.
    Who are the closest people to Rogue? Who are her people? Who would she invite on vacation with her? Who does she confide in? Gimme names and, of course, any and all justifications are welcome too.
    Outside of her husband I think...

Wolverine for all that he is touted to be a loner, Logan seems to be one of the most sociable X-Men. Wolverine has a pattern of initiating Rogue into positions in the X-Men. He was one of the first X-Men to accept her after she saved Mariko and he basically handed over her first leadership position. Both share similar temperaments and certain personality aspects so that helps in seeing them getting along, being head-strong but relatively relaxed once you gain their trust.

Iceman the major reason being the infamous road-trip arc in the 90s. Bobby listened to Rogue complain about Gambit and Rogue met and stood up to his parents. Despite his sexuality getting revealed a decade or so later, Rogue's wording during the scene she was talking to his parents can be retroactively read as knowing he was gay. One of the few girls he was around for a significant amount of time and is not an awkward ex-girlfriend lol.

Rogue's not really that close to any of the X-woman but the closet she gets to female friends are probably

Storm was really ardently against Rogue joining the team and it took a long time for Rogue to gain her trust. But like Wolverine, she eventually decided that Rogue was here to stay and was one of the first allies to let Rogue freely borrow her powers. Afterwards whenever they are together Strom sort of acts like a big sister, similar to her relationship with Kitty but not as extreme, and is probably one of the few X-Men Rogue lets herself feel vulnerable around. I think Storm is closer to Gambit, but she gets along fine with Rogue as well.

Betsy is a kinda weird situation. While not exactly friends, I would say Rogue and Betsy are friendly co-workers? Rogue and Betsy are usually on the same teams and tend to spend a lot of mission time together (Outback, Revolution, X-treme, Excalibur). In particular they bond over sparring and fighting lol. But they have had their emotional moments and Rogue felt responsible for Betsy's death by Vargas and got revenge for her. More recently Betsy gave Rogue a family heirloom for her wedding which was a kind gesture.

I think she gets along with the Grey women (Rachel, Jean) but she isn't really around them long enough to form more solid friendships.

While its more of a mentor-like role, I would also say she really likes and admires Professor X. For all the manipulative behavior he has shown in the past, to Rogue he's a person who gave her a second chance when she needed it most as well as eventually helping her gain control of her powers.

Maybe Deadpool as well? It's relatively recent but they did talk A LOT during UA vol 3 and they've guest starred in each others books more than once in the past couple of years.

Hey gang.
    judging by this picture

Iceman
    Dr. Cecelia Reyes
    Beast
    Bishop
    Kitty Pryde
    Jubilee
    Angel
    Chamber (????)
    X-23
    Storm
    Nightcrawler
    Jean Grey
    Polaris
    and ofc Gambit

Some honorable mentions

Cannonball, Bishop, Sage, Karima, Synapse, and Cable.

The above are all infrequent or one-time friendships but Rogue really seemed to like or get along with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    lol yea, that Sabretooth fight was so dumb. I think CC just wanted everyone out of the way for that Betsy vs Victor fight. It was good, but couldn't of Rogue just gone out for pizza?

omg I had forgotten about Mystery in Madipoor. Yep not her best showing. Even if Knockout somehow was stronger than her, that's no excuse for not trying to immediately absorb her.

And true on the Candra and Bella Donna attack. She was more stunned than KO'd, but it was enough to end the fight by putting on a power nullifying collar. KT tended to use that device a lot during her stories lol.

Over all I agree, I think writers at least are consistent in that bracing for a hit can do a lot in keeping a character in a fight and that ambushes can be very effective at taking someone out of commission.
    I’ll never forget how ridiculous it was how Wolverine was able to punch Rogue through a wall in UXM #158. I know he has enhanced strength and adamantium bones, but her invulnerability should’ve at least only knocked her back.

And I’ll never forgive Claremont for basically making Rogue a punching bag for the bad guys and even her own teammates in the Outback era. It seemed like every issue she was getting knocked out and sent flying by everyone she fought.
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 10-22-2020 at 06:14 AM.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I’ll never forget how ridiculous it was how Wolverine was able to punch Rogue through a wall in UXM #158. I know he has enhanced strength and adamantium bones, but her invulnerability should’ve at least only knocked her back.

And I’ll never forgive Claremont for basically making Rogue a punching bag for the bad guys and even her own teammates in the Outback era. It seemed like every issue she was getting knocked out and sent flying by everyone she fought.

Yeah that was very annoying. Rogue's powerful, so we've got to show how tough the bad guy is by having them beat her up.

I know I'm biased because I love Rogue, but I don't mind seeing her lose a fight, I just want it to be someone who's actually powerful enough to do it.

Hey gang.
    I would say...

On the men's side :

Wolverine, Iceman and Cannonball are her best friends

She also has good relationships with Northstar, Sunfire, Deadpool, Human Torch, Cable and Steve Rogers

And she had a good bond with Thor in Uncanny Avengers, it's a shame Remender didn't develop one of the few good things he did for Rogue

On the women's side :

Rogue has many more friendships with men, but she's quite close to Rachel, Kitty, Polaris, Emma, ​​Storm, Hope, Wasp, and Synapse

Her relationship with Betsy is quite fickle, but they get along well in Excalibur's current run

Rogue's friendships are something I'd love to see explored more. I'd say she is pretty close with all the 80's mainstays. She pretty much gets along with everyone nowadays (except Wanda for a little while...). I would say she's pretty close with Jean as well. They don't spend a lot of time together, but their mall hangout in Unlimited implied they have more of an off-panel friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    To add on, Patrick Brown has been posting some art on his Facebook that he was commissioned by Disney to produce based on these designs. Here's Rogue's

Attachment 101570
    I wish Storm didn’t have a Mohawk on those TAS redesigns. Rogue’s hairstyle looks decent, but the white streak should be bigger than that.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. The animated version from X-Men: Evolution is also my favorite...

I thought her goth appearance was a reference to how 616 Rogue looked as a BOEM member in the early 80’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh no, I am likewise interested! Thanks for bringing up the topic.

The movies did not make use of Rogue and no strength feats!
    That’s because Fox never cared about her. All they cared about was Logan which pissed me off after so many years.�� I believe Fox also thought giving Rogue an additional power set from anyone would’ve overshadowed their precious Wolverine. Disney buying out Fox was the long awaited answer to my prayers.��

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XForever View Post
    That’s because Fox never cared about her. All they cared about was Logan which pissed me off after so many years.�� I believe Fox also thought giving Rogue an additional power set from anyone would’ve overshadowed their precious Wolverine. Disney buying out Fox was the long awaited answer to my prayers.��
    Completely. We will now get better X-Men movies and a real Rogue!